Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Was made aware of this monstrosity earlier I dunno what to say.:confused::(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

MON THE CATS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Up the Tribesmen! :pac:

Should be a great game. Will be interesting to see how Galway do against a side that now know what to expect from them.

If the hunger is there from Galway it's theirs to lose though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What a match.

I roared like I was getting murdered when JC put over that late free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 andreafarrell

CMpunked wrote: »
    Tinie wrote: »
    I heard that Open Gangam style song on the radio today...

For anyone who doesnt know:

Now you know.
    It's oppa gangnam style silly

GTR63 wrote: »
    I roared like I was getting murdered when JC put over that late free.
    Unreal stuff. Was in Upper Cusack and the place was rocking with Galwegians.

Unreal stuff. Was in Upper Cusack and the place was rocking with Galwegians.

Yeah seemed to be a Lot of people in maroon there today. The next 3 weeks will feel very,very long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Got Deus Ex: Human Revolution today for €18. Havent played it yet. Anyone any comments on it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Got Deus Ex: Human Revolution today for €18. Havent played it yet. Anyone any comments on it?

One tip about play style. Don't go 100% stealth. The bosses cannot be dealt with by anything other than head on attacks. First time I played through, I was going entirely stealth based, but the bosses drove me nuts as a result. Put a talent point or two into some attack based talents.

Otherwise, just enjoy it :D Thought it was a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Andy Murray has finally won a Grand Slam (US Open) well done to him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rampage and Aldo pulled out of the same UFC card. So I voiced my displeasure with Dana:

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/245632670892167168

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rovert wrote: »
    Rampage and Aldo pulled out of the same UFC card. So I voiced my displeasure with Dana:

What a gent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

:eek:
    wait, thats your twitter account?!

oh wow...

Digitalism wrote: »
    :eek:
    wait, thats your twitter account?!

oh wow...

haha.... awkward!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

My finest moment on Twitter had to be when I got Tatanka to post a congrats to Katy Taylor.

Rovert vs Dana at Wrestlemania, Book it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

My Finest twitter moments were when Mick Foley DM'd me and when Dolph Ziggler thought my #HEEL hat was "pretty sick!"

That wasn't very nice now Dana was it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I see Dana likes to talk things through nice and calmly. :pac:

My twitter highlight is a DM from Dying Fetus about their tour in Europe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

I have had a DM from Foley and Christopher Daniels and also a reply from Ziggler :D

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Rovert vs Dana at Wrestlemania, Book it! :pac:

F**k that the UFC 153 card is now so sparce it'll need it. Get Shogun or Machida up off the couch and up against Teixeira. UFC wouldn't but I would like if they gave Edgar another Shot at Henderson.

My Finest twitter moments were when Mick Foley DM'd me and when Dolph Ziggler thought my #HEEL hat was "pretty sick!"

What he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

What he say?

I asked him if he'd have dates for his 2011 comedy tour and he said
    hoping to announce 2 dates in Ireland in next few days.
    :cool:

Watching the Soprano's now. Everyone said it was amazing but after seasons one and two I thought it had been overrated. Really good but not as amazing as I had been expecting. Halfway through season three and it's fcuking brilliant now. That Ralphie is pure scum, hope he ends up dead somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

IMO the best TV show ever made, better than the wire et all, enjoy it mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I hated The Sopranos. Stopped watching after season 3. I wanted to like it, and I could tell it was well acted and written, but at the same time, I just hated pretty much every single character. The Wire, I liked almost every character regardless of whether they were good or bad. The Sopranos though, I can't say I actually 'liked' any of the characters. Wouldn't have cared if any of them died in any episode.

The Pine Barrens episode was great, other than that, I just couldn't get into the show at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Penn wrote: »
    I hated The Sopranos. Stopped watching after season 3. I wanted to like it, and I could tell it was well acted and written, but at the same time, I just hated pretty much every single character. The Wire, I liked almost every character regardless of whether they were good or bad. The Sopranos though, I can't say I actually 'liked' any of the characters. Wouldn't have cared if any of them died in any episode.

The Pine Barrens episode was great, other than that, I just couldn't get into the show at all.

I can't even begin to understand how someone can think like this. There are so many great characters in the show. Tony is obviously one of the most iconic tv characters of all time, but his supporting cast is incredible. I mean, Chris has a really interesting story arc, Paulie and Sil are great. Then over the course of the series you have guys like Ralphie, Johnny Sac, Phil Leotardo etc adding even more.

I always thought that the characters were the best thing about the show! Each to their own though!

Just finished the Wire myself. Kind of an anticlimax imo.
    I was hoping Marlo would get got by the end. Also Bodie and Omar dying left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I will say however, I dont think I've ever been happier at the end of a show as I was when I saw Bubbs sitting for dinner with his family. What an incredible character.

D.Q wrote: »
    I can't even begin to understand how someone can think like this. There are so many great characters in the show. Tony is obviously one of the most iconic tv characters of all time, but his supporting cast is incredible. I mean, Chris has a really interesting story arc, Paulie and Sil are great. Then over the course of the series you have guys like Ralphie, Johnny Sac, Phil Leotardo etc adding even more.

I always thought that the characters were the best thing about the show! Each to their own though!

Just finished the Wire myself. Kind of an anticlimax imo.
    I was hoping Marlo would get got by the end. Also Bodie and Omar dying left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I will say however, I dont think I've ever been happier at the end of a show as I was when I saw Bubbs sitting for dinner with his family. What an incredible character.
    In relation to Marlo:
    I believe it is to show how he got handed everything Stringer wanted but he wasn't happy and he can't go back to the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Penn wrote: »

Anyone who couldnt like a character like Paulie is missing their soul!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyone who couldnt like a character like Paulie is missing their soul!!!

Maybe "hated" is too strong a word to have used. Paulie was alright, I suppose, and maybe Pussy. But again, I just didn't care if anyone died on the show. It would have had no effect on me. I just didn't really care about any of the characters. The Wire: Loved pretty much all the characters and some of the deaths are still hard to watch. Breaking Bad: Love most of the characters (even Skyler). Sons of Anarchy: The same. Love most of the characters. The Sopranos: ... Just didn't care.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Fup!

hate when you accidentally hit backup or something similar and then lose a massive post you had just written. twas something like: I studied Media Production in college and was all into Scriptwriting blahdi blah blah and the Soprano's was my first love in terms of TV in as much as it was the first show that for me epitomized the best that TV could be. It made me really want to work for HBO and an imediate fan of almost all HBO shows. Hell I even appreciated Sex in the City was a well conceived and made show (Even if I thought it was painful to watch) but that I wasn't it's target audience. I was even willing to give True Blood a chance just cos it was HBO and tbh otherwise the thought of a Vampire tv show would not have appealed to me at all and I'd have assumed it was garbage.

The fact that It was the Soprano's that kickstarted my interest in all these shows kinda puts it up on a pedestal and tbh im not sure if its really the best but for me it is. However shows i'd be happy to place on a similar level to it do exist in the form of The Wire and to a lesser extent Breaking Bad, then a little further off i'd have shows like Oz.

o and how can you not like Silvio "Just when I thought I was out, They Pull me back in" Dante?

Ireland vs England next may in Wembley pity we're absolutely sh!te now would have been excited about it a decade ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

GTR63 wrote: »
    Ireland vs England next may in Wembley pity we're absolutely sh!te now would have been excited about it a decade ago.

I can already predict that James McClean and Seamus Coleman will be on the bench.

Charisteas wrote: »
    I can already predict that James McClean and Seamus Coleman will be on the bench.

Or will have fallen out with Trap by then.

No internet for 24 hours (except on my phone, and thats expensive :P). God, the horrors.

Not seen The Sopranos or The Wire, but Bounty's post rings true for me, albeit with The West Wing.

Currently on my 4th watch of TWW. I can't think of another show which can come even close to the quality of it. The writing, direction, acting, production....just all top class. Easily one of my favorite shows, and one which encourages my writing every time I sit down and open Word.

No internet for 24 hours (except on my phone, and thats expensive :P). God, the horrors.

Not seen The Sopranos or The Wire, but Bounty's post rings true for me, albeit with The West Wing.

Currently on my 4th watch of TWW. I can't think of another show which can come even close to the quality of it. The writing, direction, acting, production....just all top class. Easily one of my favorite shows, and one which encourages my writing every time I sit down and open Word.

ha im actually currently re watching the west wing atm, nearly at the 2nd season finale which is truely epic. My 2 favourite US presidents ever Bartlett & Palmer (24).

Adore the season two finale. Just after finishing the third myself. All four of Sorkin's finales in the show are epic level though....

Adore the season two finale. Just after finishing the third myself. All four of Sorkin's finales in the show are epic level though....

Assume youve been watching the Newsroom recently? (if not do) great show, I missed the credits on the first episode but knew it was Sorking within minutes. Both shows are sheer quality and the only valid criticism ive ever hear of them is that they are a bit pompus but considering the theme, maybe they should be and yes it (WW) would be on the same level as the shows I mentioned above imo like Oz, Breaking bad & The Wire

Finished Newsroom yesterday (was watching it at Sky pace).

Really enjoyed it. Maggie a a character annoyed me no end, but she was the only "weak" character. I also thought it was anti climatic that the
    death threat
    strand wasn't finished, and was waiting for a season one West Wing style ending for the last twenty minutes :P But it means that
    Terry Crews
    gets to stay in the show longer which is perfectly ok with me :D

And I think I love Sloan.....

Studio 60 was brilliant as well in my opinion and I'm still annoyed it got canned after one season.

Need to get round to Sports Night and The Social Network now. Finish off Sorkin's library...

• Advertisement

Finished Newsroom yesterday (was watching it at Sky pace).

Really enjoyed it. Maggie a a character annoyed me no end, but she was the only "weak" character. I also thought it was anti climatic that the
    death threat
    strand wasn't finished, and was waiting for a season one West Wing style ending for the last twenty minutes :P But it means that
    Terry Crews
    gets to stay in the show longer which is perfectly ok with me :D

And I think I love Sloan.....

Studio 60 was brilliant as well in my opinion and I'm still annoyed it got canned after one season.

Need to get round to Sports Night and The Social Network now. Finish off Sorkin's library...

Almost ashamed to say I never watched Sports Night despites considering myself a sports guy and having seen the west wing unknown times. Can't blame you on Sloan or Maggie tbh and yeah I wouldnt put it on WW standard yet and the Season finale was a little anti-climatic for the reason you said but ive high hopes for it because it was a hit from day 1 and wont get canned and my faith in Sorkin makes me think he will deliver as well. Was annoyed myself that studio 60 didnt get the same opportunity but perhaps im more enthused about a Sorkin show since there will be less of them as tbh im a little wary of him repeating himself after recently re-watching a WW ep with "Gather ye rose buds" references which was obviously reused a good bit in the Newsroom.

Anyone else here ever see the film Murderball its about Wheelchair Rugby, really good doc film. Joe Soares is such a great character.

And Dana respons with......Anderson Silva vs.....vs......vs Stephan Bonnar????
    That'll teach Rovert alrite.

Just seen an ad on channel 4 saying Derren Browns latest show Svengali is on next tuesday at 9.

I seen this show a few months ago and it was mind blowing. Certainly a lot darker than anything he has done before on stage so its pretty brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'll have to keep that in mind. Have grown rather fond of my television of late, hence my absence. Anyway, Smackdown finished. Off to bed to watch Skins. Goodnight all the boarders.

Just seen an ad on channel 4 saying Derren Browns latest show Svengali is on next tuesday at 9.

I seen this show a few months ago and it was mind blowing. Certainly a lot darker than anything he has done before on stage so its pretty brilliant.

Oh, it's a proper stage show? AWESOME! Didn't realise. Thought it was another one of those experiment ones....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Anyone know a program that can separate and combine audio and video tracks without encoding? Looking for a program that can extract the audio from a video, and be able to recombine an audio and video track.

Oh, it's a proper stage show? AWESOME! Didn't realise. Thought it was another one of those experiment ones....

Yep. He was on tour with it for like 14 months or so, brilliant, brilliant show.
    I cant wait to see it again, i've been scratching my head since march wondering how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Going mad I didn't get to go see it in March, one of the few people I'm determined to see live at some point.

With this whole Soarview thingy, is that affecting the English channels (BBC, ITV and C4)? Is it just the Irish channel's we're losing, does anyone know?

I would guess all terrestrial channels you get without a Sky/satellite dish but I'm not certain.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement