Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

WTF is Rodgers at? Sterling's our best player you big nose twat

Its a f*cking dive. Jesus Juve didn't get the amount of decisions Utd do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Its sad to say I haven't got excited about a Liverpool goal in years cause you know their is a very high possibility the other team will score again. Its just all too familiar. Worst part is, before the match I said Jonjo Shelvey is a liability. If I can see that everytime he plays in the Prem he costs us, how can the manager not. The first 5 times he got the ball, United had it straight after. Then I stopped counting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Liverpool are going further back every year it seems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Hard to believe they nearly won the league back in 09! Probably should have also.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Liverpool are going further back every year it seems.

I think we are no worse than last year its just that when we got rid of the likes of Bellamy, Kuyt, Carroll and Adam we didn't get improved replacements in and rubbish like Downing and Cole are still around leeching off us. Thank god for the likes of Sterling and Suso who are getting a chance. We BADLY need a goalscorer its blatant for all to see that despite controlling games we need 6,7 or 8 chances to score 1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In fairness, they've also played City, United and Arsenal in their opening five games. Any team would struggle with that early run.

Fun site: http://blindasabatman.com/
    Draw Batman Blind.

My attempt:
    mSANWmZlHP.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Congrats to Chordtype and all other Donegal posters

Do you not have to take x amount of driving lessons before you can do the main test? I thought I heard that but there is no mention of it on citizen information, just you need a provisional. Did I imagine it?

• Advertisement

Do you not have to take x amount of driving lessons before you can do the main test? I thought I heard that but there is no mention of it on citizen information, just you need a provisional. Did I imagine it?

Yeah, you need to do a minimum of 12 lessons. There's a booklet you need to get filled out where your instructor says you've covered everything to an acceptable standard, and it takes a minimum of 12 lessons.

Yeah, you need to do a minimum of 12 lessons. There's a booklet you need to get filled out where your instructor says you've covered everything to an acceptable standard, and it takes a minimum of 12 lessons.

Knew it was real! :pac:

Wanted to see how many it was but couldnt find any mention of it so I started wondering where I got the idea from.

Is their any minimum time limit or could you do the 12 lessons in 12 weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Knew it was real! :pac:

Wanted to see how many it was but couldnt find any mention of it so I started wondering where I got the idea from.

Is their any minimum time limit or could you do the 12 lessons in 12 weeks?

No time limit, no. You could do all 12 in one day if you wanted.
    How long do you have your provisional? If its the second one you dont need to show proof you completed the lessons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I held a provisional licence for 5 years before I finally passed my test this year. Funnily enough, it was after not actually having a car for about a year that I managed to pass it.

CMpunked wrote: »
    No time limit, no. You could do all 12 in one day if you wanted.
    How long do you have your provisional? If its the second one you dont need to show proof you completed the lessons.

I plan on doing it fairly soon. My average on the online test has gone from 35 to 38 so I'm confidant enough to do it now. I want to have it all done and dusted by next summer as I plan on moving to England and decided getting a cheap enough car and then the ferry to Hollyhead and driving the rest of the way would be better than flying due to the amount of stuff I'd want to bring with me. Don't fancy doing something like that on a provisional so am thinking ahead to make sure I don't leave it too late.

Think doing it in the one day might be a bit much! :pac:

Nike have announced a macho man shoe.
    Nike have released a pair of Jordan Aero Flight “Macho Man” sneakers as shown below. The shoes pay homage to WWE legend “Macho Man” Randy Savage with a multicolored base that resembles many of the Savage's outfits.

w12Ep.jpg

• Advertisement

My average on the online test has gone from 35 to 38 so I'm confidant enough to do it now.

Word of warning; as far as I know, it's changed now. I think it's an 80 question test now. I know the plan was to change it sometime but not 100% sure it's fully updated yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Off to Barcelona later this week, anything cool to see or do besides the obvious Nou Camp tour?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only been to Barca once, and that was for a day :pac: Was on holiday in the south of France so we took a train down one day to visit it. We didn't get to see all that much of it, so I dunno what to suggest, maybe visit their cathedral or the Sagrada Familia that's been worked on since the 1850's or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Ah I thought the Sagrada Familia was the cathedral. Or did you mean Gaudi?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Sagrada familia is amazing, a must see! If you get a chance go for a walkabout in Barceloneta, its about a ten minute walk from the end of las ramblas (the port end). Some lovely cafe's and restaurants there.

Theres also a cable car that goes over the port that is great (if its not too cold!!)

Charisteas wrote: »
    Off to Barcelona later this week, anything cool to see or do besides the obvious Nou Camp tour?

Get the bus tour around Barcelona. Really enjoyed it.

Watch out when you're on Las Ramblas. Full of pick pocketers during the day and full of prostitutes by night who will physically grab on to you and you have to push them away.

Saint Eulalia is amazing. But be sure to go there before you check out Las Ramblas or down beside the docks. Ha ha. I kinda did it backwards when I was there, so I was fairly off my rocker when I was taking in all of the pictures of the blessed Virgin. Nice city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

CMpunked wrote: »
    Nike have announced a macho man shoe.

Where can I get them? Link Please!

Anyone know what time Gamestops usually open at? Want to get Fifa on Friday as early as possible. Think it's 10 but not sure.

Also, anyone else playing Mists of Pandaria? Not sure if there's many (or any) WoWers on here :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone know what time Gamestops usually open at? Want to get Fifa on Friday as early as possible. Think it's 10 but not sure.

Also, anyone else playing Mists of Pandaria? Not sure if there's many (or any) WoWers on here :P

My local Gamestop, Clarehall Dublin is opening Thurs at midnight for FIFA Release, it normally opens at 9am on Fridays, hope that helps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

:(

6h2wc2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I ordered it, but this is what arrived instead:
    Kung-Fu-Panda-Pal-Cd-Cover-25397.jpg

(I didn't order it. Not a WoWer. Ad just reminds me of Kung Fu Panda)

1801096-badum_tish_super.jpg

gimmick wrote: »

eIn3n.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone going out in Dublin for Arthurs Day tomorrow?

Anyone going out in Waterford for Arthur's Day tomorrow?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Anyone going out today in shanghai for Arthur's day? no, ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hmm, should probably grab a pint so! Boards.ie, best calendar for all the important events :)

on another note, went to go see Dredd 3D - if you're into action or comic-book films, go see it. It's gritty, and some nasty fight scenes. Great to see a new 18s action film again. Karl Urban aka Bones from Star Trek '09 is Dredd, and Olivia Thirlby (Leah from Juno) is in it, she's extremely cute in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Was planning on sinking a few after work pints in town tomorrow evening,had no idea it's Guinness marketing day again though.

Town will be packed with the same drunken idiots as paddys day as is,so I think I'll give it a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

So I am not the only one who hates guinness? I like my booze but **** off Arthur. :mad:

You guys see premium rush yet? I think theres a subtle wrestling reference in it but none of my IRL rasslin buddies have seen it that i can ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Last nights episode of SOA was really powerful stuff

KONY 2012 - When people who like memes got all spammy about some guy and forgot the next week.

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    Last nights episode of SOA was really powerful stuff

Unreal. Disappointing in a way, but brilliant too. SOA has definitely redeemed itself after it's 3rd season where I nearly stopped watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rjd2 wrote: »
    So I am not the only one who hates guinness? I like my booze but **** off Arthur. :mad:

Anyone try the Guinness lager yet?

Fat Boy Slim is playing in Cork

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Very sad news about Jill meagher. Hope the guy rots in prison.

Catching up on Bones now (didnt realise it was two episodes, thought it was just one) and already it's pissed me off.
    Halfway through the first episode and they have completely undone last season's finale. What was the fcuking point in even doing it if they werent going to follow up on it? The finale was Bones takes the baby and goes on the run, leaving her husband Booth alone with no idea where she is gone. By the end of the first episode of the new season they are back at home playing happy family again! They could have gotten at least half a season out of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sons of Anarchy actor Johnny Lewis dead in apparent murder-suicide

627.jpg

In a strange story that is still being pieced together, Sons Of Anarchy actor Johnny Lewis died yesterday, after either falling or jumping from the roof of a Los Angeles home where an 81-year-old woman was found dead of blunt force trauma to the head. Lewis is considered a suspect in her murder.

The undisputed facts so far: Neighbors and a handyman responding to the screams of the murder victim got into a violent confrontation with Lewis, leaving them both badly beaten. Police say Lewis then ran back inside and climbed up on the roof, and by the time they'd arrived on the scene, he was found dead on the driveway.

TMZ quotes other law enforcement sources as saying they believe Lewis may have been on "either PCP or meth" at the time, having reportedly demonstrated "superhuman strength" in his tussle with the men who responded to the victim's screams—first beating them with a 2x4, then using his bare hands. Lewis is also said to have been renting a room from the victim, whom he is accused of beating to death. As of now, Lewis is the only suspect they are considering.

Lewis is perhaps best known for playing Kip "Half-Sack" Epps on Sons Of Anarchy, a prospective member of the motorcycle club who's repeatedly subjected to grunt work and hazing in order to prove himself. (Sons creator Kurt Sutter has already responded to Lewis' death on Twitter, saying, "It was a tragic end for an extremely talented guy, who unfortunately had lost his way. I wish I could say that I was shocked by the events last night, but I was not. I am deeply sorry that an innocent life had to be thrown into his destructive path.")

Prior to appearing on Sons, Lewis had a recurring role as "Chili" on The O.C., and appeared in series such as American Dreams, Smallville, Bones, Boston Public, Malcolm In The Middle, and Criminal Minds. He was also seen in the films Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem and The Runaways, and received a bit of brief tabloid fame for dating Katy Perry. Lewis was 28 at the time of his death.

Now that's a spoiler (I know, I'm awful)

• Advertisement

Sh*t, man. That's awful. I really liked him in SOA. Shame the way his life turned out, and if what's reported is true, terrible for the family of the deceased woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Very sad news about Jill meagher. Hope the guy rots in prison.

Sometimes even prison is too easy an option for them scum :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

FIFA TIME! :D

Tinie wrote: »
    FIFA TIME! :D

Did you pick it up at Midnight?

Steve Kean resigns as Blackburn manager. Poor Diabhal will be sickened.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement