Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Managed to hear some of Fun Lovin Criminals after my gig in Waterford last night. Memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

GTR63 wrote: »
    Steve Kean resigns as Blackburn manager. Poor Diabhal will be sickened.

Add in Skehill being out of the match Sunday and I might have a sly cry

I look forward to the match being over on Sunday. Here's hoping start a drive for 5 again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

After Billy Joe Armstrong's "Shoot Promo" last week, I've started listening to Green Day again. I forgot how Awesome they were! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Have you heard their new album Uno? If yes, what are your fav tracks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

After Billy Joe Armstrong's "Shoot Promo" last week, I've started listening to Green Day again. I forgot how Awesome they were! :D

They used to be great but are awful now. American Idiot was ok, but everything since has been terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone else here playing FIFA 13?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They used to be great but are awful now. American Idiot was ok, but everything since has been terrible.

Dookie was great, American Idiot was pretty good and 21st century breakdown is alright but "UNO" is barely passable! I'm quite disappointed!
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    Have you heard their new album Uno? If yes, what are your fav tracks?

The only song off their new album that I've enjoyed is "Kill the DJ" the others have been pretty "MEH" :cool:

http://www.nme.com/news/melvins/66363

That article sums it up for me. I saw them by chance at Oxegen in 2005. I left them there.

I am.

My favorite mode is Ultimate team but I haven't been able to do anything on it the the last 2 days because the servers are so **** :rolleyes:

Always something wrong with the game each year in the 1st few weeks of release.

• Advertisement

http://www.nme.com/news/melvins/66363

That article sums it up for me. I saw them by chance at Oxegen in 2005. I left them there.

I don't really pay attention to the artist's actions outside music (Apart from Chris Brown) but I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that drunk or not he needed publicity for the new album!

I am.

My favorite mode is Ultimate team but I haven't been able to do anything on it the the last 2 days because the servers are so **** :rolleyes:

Always something wrong with the game each year in the 1st few weeks of release.

Not on live so at least 60% of the game modes are off limits. The dribbling and passing are really hard to get used to with the new first touch mechanic. Suppose it'll just take a fair bit of practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I only really play fifa online, so ive been very frustrated these past few hours. I honestly want to smash any and everything within a 2 metre radius of me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I look forward to the match being over on Sunday. Here's hoping start a drive for 5 again. ;)
    Are you from Kilkenny?

Does anybody on here watch the online web series "The Guild"? If so are you looking forward to season 6 this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I'm I the only galway person that doesn't care if they win or lose

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wow, the yanks get it good on Fox/FX tonight - Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Bob's Burgers, Dexter all return!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I know this place usually comes with a spoiler warning but please for the love of god if you like Dexter could you please not spoil ep 1 of season 7 untill tomorrow! I wont see it till this evening!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Got a new XBOX on the weekend with FIFA 13 thrown in with it for good measure! :) Happy out. Seriously so novice at FIFA, I prob won't make it to online play fully until this time next year! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Check out this for a goal (and celebration! :p )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I am! Been mostly confined to UT so far, playing games wiht my Bronze Koreans. Love that team. Love the skill challanges, but the final stages are nightmare difficulty >_<
    Does anybody on here watch the online web series "The Guild"? If so are you looking forward to season 6 this week?

Felicia Day is pretty much my perfect woman :P
    Saw the first two series, and have meant to get back to it for ages and ages.

Check out this for a goal (and celebration! :p )

Great goal by Fab Mick and the Joe Canning celebration was cool.
    I am! Been mostly confined to UT so far, playing games wiht my Bronze Koreans. Love that team. Love the skill challanges, but the final stages are nightmare difficulty >_<

Yeah the challenges are a b!tch. Still not used to the new first touch mechanic it seems so fidgety.
    Btw Diabhal when is the pain going to go away?

Waiting for the team to come now in Pearse Stadium. I was devastated on the way home yesterday but you'll never beat KK twice in the championship and am fairly content with how the team played this year. Canning's missed frees in the 1st match though are what I'll look back at and think what could've been.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

34 All-Irelands for KK is one hell of a record.

• Advertisement

Waiting for the team to come now in Pearse Stadium. I was devastated on the way home yesterday but you'll never beat KK twice in the championship and am fairly content with how the team played this year. Canning's missed frees in the 1st match though are what I'll look back at and think what could've been.

I'm thinking of all those fu<king mistakes we made yesterday gifting them easy scores. But we didn't deserve anything yesterday when you wait 38 minutes to score a point from open play. If we ever were to come back Canning hitting the post or Donnellans disallowed goal had to go in but then when Donnellan got sent off we stopped trying which sickened me. Didn't know you went up to the match.

I go to nearly every match I can so thankfully I was up there yesterday. Only matches I miss are due to exams. Met my current GF at the Leinster Final funnily enough. The long bus journeys kill me though.

Also we never stopped trying. Glynn's goal was a great example of that. 14 men with our main man carrying a knee injury vs the best side ever didn't flatter us. I'd have genuine hope for next year.

I go to nearly every match I can so thankfully I was up there yesterday. Only matches I miss are due to exams. Met my current GF at the Leinster Final funnily enough. The long bus journeys kill me though.
    Also we never stopped trying. Glynn's goal was a great example of that. 14 men with our main man carrying a knee injury vs the best side ever didn't flatter us. I'd have genuine hope for next year.

I just felt that we felt sorry for ourselves after the red and they just kept on tacking over points which stretched their lead and got goals that were coming all day.(think it was 2-7 in the 10 minutes after the red) it could of just been me in the heat of the moment with that complete PR!CK Ger Canning on commentary lapping it up. I was hoping we'd win and Marty would get in Cody's face again.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Are you from Kilkenny?
    Yes. I assume you are, judging from your username and your profile picture. Or, failing that, is your name Kitty (short for Kathleen), and you're a member of the KKK and are just really fond of Garfield? I await your response!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A lot of positives for Galway this year. Provincial winners and AI finalists.

I'm still ill from Tipp's semi final with KK. The most embarrassing day in living memory for the blue and gold. At least our minors did us proud yesterday.

Oh and I forgot to say..... better luck next year Galway. And Tipp. And Dublin. And Waterford. And Cork. And Laois. And everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

KKkitty wrote: »
    Are you from Kilkenny?
    Yes. I assume you are, judging from your username and your profile picture. Or, failing that, is your name Kitty (short for Kathleen), and you're a member of the KKK and are just really fond of Garfield? I await your response!
    I'm from Kilkenny and I'm a very proud Kilkenny supporter. It was a great game. I just really hope Kilkenny winning so much doesn't ruin the sport :D

Felicia Day is pretty much my perfect woman :P
    Saw the first two series, and have meant to get back to it for ages and ages.

Felicia Day is more than or equal to AJ :p
    I only started watching it after finding the awesomeness that is Dr Horrible's
    sing along blog! I had a marathon watching 1 season a day until today for the season 6 premier tomorrow! :cool:

(Felica and the Director held a G+ hangout and she answered my question! Jealous much? :P)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh and I forgot to say..... better luck next year Galway. And Tipp. And Dublin. And Waterford. And Cork. And Laois. And everyone.
    No, the Dubs can burn in hell.

Looking forward to next year's hurling championship already(the draw is on at 7:30 thursday evening). Cork, Clare and Limerick will be better again then you have Waterford and Tipp looking to bounce back after dissappointing seasons by their own standards. Hopefully Galway will follow up on this year too. I'm looking forward to Michael Lyster in a maroon tie already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone here technically minded?

I've had my PS3 about four years and lately it's decided to pull a strop and not work for me.

The problem: Won't read CDs now; games or music or DVDs. Before it used to be noisy and functional. Now it is almost entirely silent when I put a disc in it. I get the menu screen but it doesn't show that it acknowledges anything. :mad:

My guess: I'm thinking it could be either the fan inside the system that's busted or else some sort of lens issue. I see people talking about getting bad lights on their system but mine outwardly looks OK. It's just borked on the inside somehow.

Anyone think this can be repaired manually or is a repair shop my best bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

My guess: I'm thinking it could be either the fan inside the system that's busted or else some sort of lens issue. I see people talking about getting bad lights on their system but mine outwardly looks OK. It's just borked on the inside somehow.

I dont own a ps3 so cant speak from experience, but the light thing is usually when the red/green(?) on light turns a different colour. The colour coincides with a hard drive fault anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I know there's the Yellow Light of Death, but I think that means the hard drive on the PS3 is completely f*cked. If your PS3 is working but just not reading disks (have you any downloaded games which can still be played?) then it sounds like a problem with whatever reads the disk. I have no idea how easy or irreparable this is to fix though.

My PS3 seems to be knackered too. I'm not sure what happened to it, I was away while it happened, but it seems to turn on, then turn off shortly afterwards and won't turn back on. It's nearly 5 years old now, cause when I got it the first Uncharted game was just out a short while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Anyone here technically minded?

I've had my PS3 about four years and lately it's decided to pull a strop and not work for me.

The problem: Won't read CDs now; games or music or DVDs. Before it used to be noisy and functional. Now it is almost entirely silent when I put a disc in it. I get the menu screen but it doesn't show that it acknowledges anything. :mad:

If it won't read any discs, it sounds like the Blu-Ray disc-drive/laser has broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Any Fringe fans here? I gave up on it about 3-4 episodes into season 3 but was wondering if it's worth sticking with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

One of my favorite shows out there, but it's very much a show you've got to keep up with. Quite easy to get lost, I'd imagine. It's un-apologetically unfriendly to non-fans :P Only 13 episodes left as well :(

When did boards introduce the new dark theme? Just noticed the option. Reminds me of all the pro-boards that popped up 10 years ago :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Any Fringe fans here? I gave up on it about 3-4 episodes into season 3 but was wondering if it's worth sticking with.

It is. I sorta lost interest too and let the episodes pile up. Decided to give it another try and loved it again. I think it's the waiting between episodes that kills it. It's the kind of show you want to watch episodes one after the other of, not watch one then wait two weeks for the next then four weeks etc.

Denny M wrote: »
    No, the Dubs can burn in hell.
    I sincerely hope you just mean in terms of the hurling now? I have strong ties with Dublin and was rather nostalgic last year when they managed to win the football. I didn't even begrudge them their victory over us this year.

I sincerely hope you just mean in terms of the hurling now? I have strong ties with Dublin and was rather nostalgic last year when they managed to win the football. I didn't even begrudge them their victory over us this year.
    I just really, really don't like the Dubs in either hurling or football, and look forward to seeing them getting beaten.

Love fringe. Homeland starts again tonight

Denny M wrote: »
    I just really, really don't like the Dubs in either hurling or football, and look forward to seeing them getting beaten.
    Maybe if you didn't listen to Decapitated so much you wouldn't hate them. :rolleyes:

Prompted by HalfSack's death, I have returned to season 1 of Sons Of Anarchy. It feels good!

• Advertisement

Mike foleys new children's Christmas book sounds good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement