Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Hi folks,

I was posting on here last jan/feb or so and then disappeared during the draft.

Family tragedy and I had to move country were my reasons for the vanishing.

Back now so let's all talk about how great The Brooklyn Brawler is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sorry to hear that mate. Great to have ya back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Howya horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Got banned from after hours till next year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What for?

• Advertisement

For not posting in my threads I start. I don't read through all the pages.

AH is unreadable tripe these days. Except for the Dental Plan thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

AH is unreadable tripe these days. Except for the Dental Plan thread.

Lisa needs braces

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I go to AH the odd time, but that'd be pretty rare these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

welcome back horse

• Advertisement

MARGE!!! IS LISA AT CAMP GRANADA?

Its a load to bull any ways

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Denny M wrote: »
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Why whats up?

Lads looking at going to ny next month. Should I fly direct or do a stop over in heathrow.

Simpsons quotes, relating to the dental plan thread in AH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

tomorrowland 2013... pray to the gods I will get a ticket...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

NEW Red Dwarf episode tonight! 9pm on Dave :)

A4X1KHACcAAqGr4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

cena wrote: »
    Its a load to bull any ways

It's gone very bad recently, not that it was ever that great in the first place. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Don't know what was worse seeing Liverpool lose or listening to Setantas garbage commentary a historic win for Udinese you'd swear it was Como or Albinoleffe we lost to. Must get back to playing my 360, did anybody here pick up Resi 6 this week?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

GTR63 wrote: »
    Don't know what was worse seeing Liverpool lose or listening to Setantas garbage commentary a historic win for Udinese you'd swear it was Como or Albinoleffe we lost to. Must get back to playing my 360, did anybody here pick up Resi 6 this week?

Do you not have itv4?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Do you not have itv4?

I had to sky+ it for my brother and could only tape it on Setanta so I watched it on that. My own fault really. I have itv tuned in but forgot it was on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It's gone very bad recently, not that it was ever that great in the first place. :D

Pfft. Cool vids is where its at!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR63AHpp6UKypTqA_EPzWqghrwRUbiSViePK7QjflmFeCa8ZSIk90EFpSc-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

cant go a page without someone forcing a joke on the recession, and I mean really really forcing. Any topic at all, and someone will mention the government, or fianna fail or Merkel. I can picture them too, stupid smug faces all delighted that they managed to squeeze their little joke in.

And the way some of the people post, you'd swear it was this extreme place, this radical crazy forum. "Oh you brought this up in After Hours, wait til you see what happens".

/rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

CMpunked wrote: »
    Pfft. Cool vids is where its at!

I used to love it there, until I joined Reddit. It's essentially become reddit a day later now with all the reposts from there unfortunately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I enjoy going into some After Hour topics sometimes and just arguing for days on an unwinnable topic :P "Compulsory Irish" is a good one...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

You know it will be a good thread if it has the dole in the title... just get some popcorn, and sit back, as the lols always ensue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There are some great things in AH though. I only recently went into the Funny flats/houses to rent thread and saw the discussions about Crying Chairs. Brilliant.

Some threads you just know to avoid, but some others can still be pretty great.

But yeah, Cool Vids is the best. I don't understand Reddit and I don't care to. And do Reddit Mods edit out reposts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Got banned from after hours till next year

No you didn't.

You were banned from starting threads thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Penn wrote: »
    But yeah, Cool Vids is the best. I don't understand Reddit and I don't care to. And do Reddit Mods edit out reposts?

It's a fantastic site and the Ask Me Anything sessions they do are great, they had Obama on it only a few weeks ago.

The whole site works through upvotes and downvotes, so if it's a repost it will be downvoted by the community and therefore not seen by too many. The most upvoted post will go on the front page which is seen by millions.

They have mods too though and they just make sure hings are posted in the correct section.

• Advertisement

I don't care for reddit really. I'm kinda turned off it really by one of my friends trying to get me to go on it all the time, driving me nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's a fantastic site and the Ask Me Anything sessions they do are great, they had Obama on it only a few weeks ago.

The whole site works through upvotes and downvotes, so if it's a repost it will be downvoted by the community and therefore not seen by too many. The most upvoted post will go on the front page which is seen by millions.

They have mods too though and they just make sure hings are posted in the correct section.

I just really hate the layout and navigation of the site. If CVPL is essentially the best of Reddit a day later, I'm perfectly fine with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Why whats up?

Lads looking at going to ny next month. Should I fly direct or do a stop over in heathrow.

surely flying direct is a no-brainer? Why would you fly further away from the US to get there adding hours to your journey in the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I don't care for reddit really. I'm kinda turned off it really by one of my friends trying to get me to go on it all the time, driving me nuts.

I get the exact same thing from my mates! They LOVE reddit and 4chan but I'm into 9gag!

Why whats up?

surely flying direct is a no-brainer? Why would you fly further away from the US to get there adding hours to your journey in the process?
    It wOrks out cheaper doing a stop over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone watch Moone Boy on Sky 1 very funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Love it, great show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah that one looked pretty good, is it worth looking for online or...?

deisedude wrote: »

Love it, great show!
    Maybe the only Sky1 comedy ever that isn't horrible. They make some amount of ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Better flights, cheaper and more comfortable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Agreed here. Whenever I go to America, it's a quick trip over to England and then onto the amazing Virgin planes. Did the trip once from Ireland and it was a nightmare :P

• Advertisement

Agreed here. Whenever I go to America, it's a quick trip over to England and then onto the amazing Virgin planes. Did the trip once from Ireland and it was a nightmare :P

So Its not a good idea to do a stop over

The less amount of money the better. If I could walk to America from here I probably would.

deisedude wrote: »

Love it, great show!
    Maybe the only Sky1 comedy ever that isn't horrible. They make some amount of ****e.
    Yeah its really great stuff. Like a throwback to my youth from the Gay Byrne radio show music to having the craic as an altar boy. not sure what the brits would make of it though.

I like Trollied on Sky as well. Charming in a harmless enough kinda way. The 'bastid' manager is great.

Cant beat the direct Saturday AM flight with AerLingus for me. Book during a sale and the price can be very good. I always go in January and its barely ever half full so you can get a good seat or even lue fown and have a kip uf yoy like. Has you there for lunchtime. How much of a saving could you pissibly make to justify adding an extra flight and more hours to the trip?

Wonder how bad the proposed Ryanair US flights will be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Did that myself a few months back. Probably had the worst travel experience in my life. Certainly up there with the time I travelled with a Chinese bus company to New York

Cant beat the direct Saturday AM flight with AerLingus for me. Book during a sale and the price can be very good. I always go in January and its barely ever half full so you can get a good seat or even lue fown and have a kip uf yoy like. Has you there for lunchtime. How much of a saving could you pissibly make to justify adding an extra flight and more hours to the trip?

Wonder how bad the proposed Ryanair US flights will be?

Saving around 200. Fly out with british airways if I go down that route

What are you going to New York for anyway, man, if you don't mind me asking, some wrestling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The less amount of money the better. If I could walk to America from here I probably would.

Technically, you probably could once you got to England. Channel tunnel to France then it's one big land mass until you reach the far side of Russia. If it's winter, there is a good chance a lot of the water will be frozen between Eastern Russia and Alaska. It'll probably take about 15 years and your feet will be killing you, but you'd save a couple hundred euro :pac:

What are you going to New York for anyway, man, if you don't mind me asking, some wrestling?

My great aunts and cousins live in brooklyn, upstate new york, new jersey and florida. But well be staying in brooklyn for the three weeks. One of them is a chief in the fdny.

So proud of that.

So you should be man. That's a great family member to have! I have a distant cousin, (although we are in contact, so family is as strong as you make it, I believe) who was in the Fire Department as well, and I think he told me that his station was one of the only ones where no one died in 9/11.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement