Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for some info

Options
  • 22-08-2011 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello all

Just moved back to Cork from abroad on sat and need to re register my car here. I know i have to go to revenue to be issued with a reg number but not sure whom i order the plates from.

Do i go to a motor factors and order myself or do i go to a garage and they order for me. Money is tight so obviously the cheaper the better:)

Also how much should i expect to pay for new plates any idea?

Also any advice on dealing with noisy neighbours would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelle

As far as I know it's NCT deal with re registering of cars now - no longer Revenue.

I'm sure you can order the plates whereever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 homesoon

thanks Rebelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Once you have the reg no from the NCT people you go to a motor factors to get the plates made. They cost around a tenner each (plus a couple of quid if you want them to fit them for you :D). Most places can make them while you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Just be aware most places will require proof of the number, so bring your documentation from the NCT with your new registration number.

Advertisement