Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU bar?

Options
  • 22-08-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭

What's the UCD SU bar like? Busy? Prices?

Obvs the most important part of my college educations so would appreciate replies :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

AdamD wrote: »
    What's the UCD SU bar like? Busy? Prices?

Obvs the most important part of my college educations so would appreciate replies :cool:

I like it. The prices are reasonable ( 3 Euro for Fosters) and depending on how good the Ents officer is, they have some good gigs too.

Make sure you go in early on Black Monday though. It'll fill up very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is it cheap in comparison to other SU bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Atychiphobia

I don't really have much experience of other SU bars, so I couldn't really tell you. But I spent most of my first year in the student bar :P Apart from Black Monday/Fridays and gig nights, there's generally a busy enough atmosphere but not so bad that there's nowhere to get a seat. Prices are grand, I think a pint of Miller is about 4.70. Food served during the day is good value as well and there's pool tables and music tv on most of the time. Good atmosphere (:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Biggest regret of 1st year was that I didn't spend more time in the SU Bar before going out, it's the best craic ever! €3 drinks on specific nights, great crowd and as was said above, good acts hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

It's loud and almost exclusively plays appallingly bad music, but it's good craic.

Black monday is fun but when it gets to the point where you can barely physically get to the bar for a pint, it just becomes tedious...

• Advertisement

Ents will have deals during the year. They had live music last year every Thursday and 3 euro pints.

The drink is generally the same price or cheaper as your average bar although I don't know how it compares to other students bars. It's a grand place, especially when it's quieter.

Champion's League nights in the bar are good craic.

Advertisement