Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-Fi AP / Gateway with Time of Day control by MAC Address

Options
  • 22-08-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have UPC Broadband so with a cable modem, I can only feed another AP or whatever with an Ethernet connection. Can anyone suggest an wi-fi Access Point / Gateway (or router with Lan/Wan turnaround - using the Ethernet ports rather than the ADSL) which can restrict access for different MAC Addresses to certain times of the day. The kids have wi-fi access on their phones and I want to control their access before they go back to school so they only have limited access time (or none when they are supposed to be studying!). Most routers allow for User Profiles but I can't use these because it also fooks up my VoIP router. So I'm looking for a simple allow or lockout system, based on time.

Any suggestions - even older models which could be got on eBay

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭championc

OK, sorted by flashing my router with OpenWRT and then adding MIA package

C

Advertisement