Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    I'm gonna call bullshít. The developer preview was x86 only and the touchpad is running an arm processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

keredern wrote: »
    Hi guys, sorry for the 'complete eejit' question but I'm not in the slightest tech savvy!!:rolleyes:

Can someone put a link to a 'Port Android to Touchpad for Dummies' explanation!!:o

I literally don't have a clue where to start but would love to get Android on my TP.

Thank you for any help!:)

I followed this tutorial to the letter and had no problems:

You'll need to grab the files listed in the video description first.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

iPhone. wrote: »
    Donnacha, just check for reviews on whatever model you are thinking of getting to be sure, and also confirm that it can broadcast both freqs simultaneously, some only offer, either or, but you need one that broadcasts both together.

Let us know how u get on.

I ended up getting a Billion 7700N - main reason is that I have an ADSL connection and most of the dual are for cable broadband. Set-up last night was a breeze and touchpad now playing rteplayer like a dream. delighted - thanks to everyone here for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

mcko wrote: »
    Hi, Anyone know where I could get a new charger as mine is broken and any idea of cost.

Thanks

Totally free if you contact HP support - mine went so I rang them to complain - they sent me a replacement which arrived by DHL in 2 days!

The number is +442076600950 - in fairness to them you don't hold too long either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1028/hp-business.html

Hewlett-Packard's new chief executive Meg Whitman, just five weeks into her tenure, has said that the company will keep its personal computer division and also resume making tablet computers.

Whitman said the company would make a decision on the future of webOS "within the next two months".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭loopymum

Dublin579 wrote: »
    I followed this tutorial to the letter and had no problems:

You'll need to grab the files listed in the video description first.

Good luck!

This is what I found to be easiest as well, I also installed GAPPs as the start too, if you google that there is a youtube on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Have CM7 on the touchpad, when I plug in the usb lead to the pc to connect the touchpad nothing happens, how do I get the pc to see it, without having to boot into WebOs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Have CM7 on the touchpad, when I plug in the usb lead to the pc to connect the touchpad nothing happens, how do I get the pc to see it, without having to boot into WebOs?

Plug it in, Go into the Notification bar and turn on USB storage, then you will be able to see it on your pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

What's the general feel of the release of android on the TP.Is it worth putting it on now or waiting for the next release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

There are still a few fairly critical bugs that are appearing for some people... like not being able to wake the device from sleep, and wifi being erratic. I'm happy with Android as my main OS on the TP, but I don't do anything critical on it besides watching Arrested Development.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

stevekavo wrote: »
    What's the general feel of the release of android on the TP.Is it worth putting it on now or waiting for the next release.

Seeing as you can install it in tandem with WebOS, I'd advocate going ahead with it and switch between them as you see fit. If you feel Android is that much better, stick with it and uninstall WebOS. WebOS might be worth hanging onto for the 50gigs of free cloud storage to have on the move. Unless it can be accessed from Android?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Doirtybirdy

I ported but again eircom music hub won't play because the version of flash is too old:mad: and no way of upgrading it.
    I can get rte player to work in the generic android browser but not in firefox or opera.
    music hub won't play in any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Have you tried the Dolphin HD browser?

Have you tried the Dolphin HD browser?
    just tried it now and the same error comes up "it appears you haven,t the latest version of flash player installed,you need thelatest flash player to be able to use the eircom music hub"

:(

A friend has it working on an ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

just tried it now and the same error comes up "it appears you haven,t the latest version of flash player installed,you need thelatest flash player to be able to use the eircom music hub"

Just download adobe flash player 11 from the android marketplace.

iPhone. wrote: »

Just download adobe flash player 11 from the android marketplace.
    I did that ages ago but it still doesn't work.
    Flash 11 downloaded and installed but the web browsers don't know it's there when I try music hub
    Why? :(

What am I doing wrong? Hopefully something simple? I don't do these things every day-is there a setting somewhere to make it active in Firefox or dolphin?

At this stage I've noticed a lot of video content won'twork in any of the browsers notjustmusic hub.

Might be easier to just use Grooveshark..

Use dood's music streamer.

I have Google music beta so I can use that through its app.
    But having the access to steaming new music free via the eircom music hub would be nice :(

Over on the eircom forum,they say they are working on an android app-I won't hold my breath on that.

Btw the key board won't come up in Firefox now :confused:
    (Using dolphin here instead)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I have Google music beta so I can use that through its app.
    But having the access to steaming new music free via the eircom music hub would be nice :(

Over on the eircom forum,they say they are working on an android app-I won't hold my breath on that.

Btw the key board won't come up in Firefox now :confused:
    (Using dolphin here instead)
    got any invites?

Had loads,if I don't ,my partner does.
    pm me your email :)

At this stage I've noticed a lot of video content won'twork in any of the browsers notjustmusic hub.
    Might be easier to just use Grooveshark..

I just installed the Alpha 2 last night and I installed Flash 11. When I try to play Grooveshark the interface looks like it'll work fine before I get a modal message saying Flash isn't installed. Are you able to play Grooveshark?

I also couldn't get anything to play from Youtube in the Dolphin HD browser. I am able to play content from Vimeo

groom wrote: »
    I just installed the Alpha 2 last night and I installed Flash 11. When I try to play Grooveshark the interface looks like it'll work fine before I get a modal message saying Flash isn't installed. Are you able to play Grooveshark?

I also couldn't get anything to play from Youtube in the Dolphin HD browser. I am able to play content from Vimeo

TBH I haven't tried it, I will though, and report back. How about Tinyshark?

Use Dood's music streamer to play/download from Grooveshark.. it's in the market.

Cheers lads. Both those look great for accessing Groveshark. I hadn't heard of them before.
    Still can't play any flash in browsers though. I think I have flash 11 installed correctly. The youtube app works fine but not in browsers. Vimeo works in browsers

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi guys, my TP has 'locked up' & is frozen on the home screen with a tab off centre showing to the left.

Screen won't auto rotate.

Non responsive to any touch.:confused:

Can't get it to reboot & it won't shut down either.:(

Other than waiting on the battery to run down, does anyone have any ideas that might kick start it again?

Tried plugging in the charger in the hope it might trigger something but no joy!

Thanks for any help!:)

:P:P:P

Okay, finally figured out that I wasn't holding the centre button & the power button long enough to force reboot!!!:o:o

Hold down power and the home button for about sixty seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Hey guys, thinking of selling my touchpad, its just been neglected since I got a shiny new phone! Any ideas how much it would fetch on the likes of ebay etc? Perfect condition with all the accessories etc

• Advertisement

donmeister wrote: »
    Hey guys, thinking of selling my touchpad, its just been neglected since I got a shiny new phone! Any ideas how much it would fetch on the likes of ebay etc? Perfect condition with all the accessories etc

Yeah, same here. I was just going to post a thinly veiled advert on here and hope for PMs with crazy offers, but I thought that might be a bit cheeky, not to mention lazy.

:p

Advertisement