Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

CM7 Alpha3 released

As per dalingrin on twitter

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10121-releasealpha3cyanogenmod-touchpad/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Alpha3 running good for me so far. The wifi issues were becoming a pain, but seem to be pretty much sorted, at least so far anyway.

Hows it going for others?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

So is it easy to switch from Android to WebOS? How similar is it to having a dual boot PC, if I restart the TP is it possible to choose either WebOS or Android on startup?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

nc6000 wrote: »
    So is it easy to switch from Android to WebOS? How similar is it to having a dual boot PC, if I restart the TP is it possible to choose either WebOS or Android on startup?
    Yup.. you use the volume buttons to choose OS.

I might try installing Android tomorrow. Can I assume that any apps I have installed or any data on the TP will be lost as part of the Android install?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

I might try installing Android tomorrow. Can I assume that any apps I have installed or any data on the TP will be lost as part of the Android install?

No. Webos side of things stay the same. Just choose at start up what os you want to boot into. Cool thing about it is the android os sees the webos file system as an sd card, so any movies or other media is accessible by both.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,209 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No time like the present:) You shouldn't loose any data if done correctly, works the same as a windows bootcamp on a mac. You'll now have 2 touchpads a webOS and Android.

There's no ipad2 app for that:D

So I decided to give it a go and it all seems to have worked fine. Now to figure out how to use Android!

Edit: I've been using Android for about 10 minutes and I'm well impressed at being able to find apps which didn't have WebOS versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Who's version of Android is the best to use? I have waited long enough now and am going to put it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I like the Android version but I am finding it a huge drain on the battery.

The kids like to watch Ben & Holly on it and it doesn't seem to switch off like the Webos when they are finished.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

donnacha wrote: »
    Totally free if you contact HP support - mine went so I rang them to complain - they sent me a replacement which arrived by DHL in 2 days!

The number is +442076600950 - in fairness to them you don't hold too long either.
    Did they take your old charger before giving the new one as I lost my one!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Using Alpha 3 too not and rock solid so far. Saying that I never really saw the WiFi issue myself (connecting at tome, to random WiFi sports or in work). Maybe just the odd glitch.

I took the TP away last week and I found the battery life great. Watched video for 4.5hr flight no problem.

Only and big problem I have is a long crack from the USB port up the back and at the moulding of the 2 speakers. Going to ring HP in the next day or 2 about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Hey guys, my friends Touchpad says that the sound went completely off his Touchpad - it wasn't dropped or manhandled anyway.

I've tested it myself also - no sound whatsoever from any YouTube videos, no keyboard "clicks" - no sound from any games, websites, ringtones etc...

It's not muted either.

He noticed it after the got the latest update - on Monday approx.

I'm guessing it's some sort of software glitch.

Has anyone else noticed that their Touchpad has lost sound after the latest update?

If I did a factory reset should that solve the problem?

Any other ideas or suggestions?

I've also noticed that even when there are no cards open the device says "You have too many cards open, please close some cards before opening more" - or something to that effect anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Moyglish wrote: »
    Hey guys, my friends Touchpad says that the sound went completely off his Touchpad - it wasn't dropped or manhandled anyway.

I've tested it myself also - no sound whatsoever from any YouTube videos, no keyboard "clicks" - no sound from any games, websites, ringtones etc...

It's not muted either.

He noticed it after the got the latest update - on Monday approx.

I'm guessing it's some sort of software glitch.

Has anyone else noticed that their Touchpad has lost sound after the latest update?

If I did a factory reset should that solve the problem?

Any other ideas or suggestions?

I've also noticed that even when there are no cards open the device says "You have too many cards open, please close some cards before opening more" - or something to that effect anyhow.

After the last update there were problems with the sound, its was distorted or something. I rebooted mine and it was fine but I didnt have no sound issue.

Presume he's tried rebooting?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

No he didn't, just rebooted and all working great now! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Did they take your old charger before giving the new one as I lost my one!

Nope they just send it out via DHL.
    I was well impressed as mine had packed in and getting a replacement was very easy.

You can buy them off amazon either....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Here is another fix for the audio issue

http://www.precentral.net/fix-your-touchpad-s-lost-audio

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Just put android 7.3 on touchpad , very impressed, smooth , webos looks a bit basic, now will see how battery life is, great work by cyanomod, time to divvy up boys!

What version did you put on chris1970

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

stevekavo wrote: »
    What version did you put on chris1970

all in this guide
    http://liliputing.com/2011/10/how-to-install-google-android-on-the-hp-touchpad-with-cyanogenmod7.html
    CyanogenMod released Alpha 3 of CyanogenMod 7.1 Android for the HP TouchPad
    a few things missing' ag newspapers', im gonna make a backup with on the fly on my htc, transfer folder to TP and try load an app on via on the fly backup on the tp, happy days, a few little tweaks made to 7.1 and i think this will be perfect :D

• Advertisement

chris1970 wrote: »
    all in this guide
    http://liliputing.com/2011/10/how-to-install-google-android-on-the-hp-touchpad-with-cyanogenmod7.html
    CyanogenMod released Alpha 3 of CyanogenMod 7.1 Android for the HP TouchPad
    a few things missing' ag newspapers', im gonna make a backup with on the fly on my htc, transfer folder to TP and try load an app on via on the fly backup on the tp, happy days, a few little tweaks made to 7.1 and i think this will be perfect :D

Thanks Chris i just put it on and so far im very impressed. Android has so much more to offer than web O/S.The install was really easy too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

eta of ics ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

celtic_oz wrote: »
    eta of ics ?
    Cyanagon expect CM9 to be out for February so some time after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

I'm currently running 7.3. Does anyone know where I can get an ICS theme?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Cyanagon expect CM9 to be out for February so some time after that.
    cm9?

Is anyone having any trouble with wifi on the Android TP? Mine keeps losing signal even though im beside the router.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

thanks!!!! wow thats savage....so ICS is coming to touchpad.score!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

livEwirE wrote: »
    I'm currently running 7.3. Does anyone know where I can get an ICS theme?

does this work?

https://market.android.com/details?id=kov.theme.ics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

thanks!!!! wow thats savage....so ICS is coming to touchpad.score!

Of course it is. That's part of the reason why there have been so few developments on the Android front ... they were waiting for the new version to be released instead.

Advertisement