Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Just installed the update and the forum list across the top of the screen for boards isn't displaying, anyone else having the same problem?

[edit] Re-booted and it's displaying properly now.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Don't update if you've put android on! learn't this the hard way and i just get a continious loop of booting to the hp logo and restarting... I'll have to crack it again and reinstall everything I assume :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭nc6000

I have Android and the Webos update running without and problems.

nc6000 wrote: »
    I have Android and the Webos update running without and problems.

yeah seems to work fine for some people!

Somebody else with same problem here... http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/40295-updating-to-webos-305/

I had to do an install with web OS doctor.. so have to start from scratch again, pimping the web os and installing android etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Is there a definitive position on this WebOS update and it's effect on Android yet? I have CM7 installed and I'm being offered the 3.0.5 86 update. should I go with it or not?

BTW, I'm still predominantly using WebOS as I can't get CM7 to hold a wi-fi connection. Any thoughts on the best way to address that? Will installing CM7 XRON-ified 2.9.1. solve the issue??

Ben

• Advertisement

BenThere wrote: »
    Is there a definitive position on this WebOS update and it's effect on Android yet? I have CM7 installed and I'm being offered the 3.0.5 86 update. should I go with it or not?

BTW, I'm still predominantly using WebOS as I can't get CM7 to hold a wi-fi connection. Any thoughts on the best way to address that? Will installing CM7 XRON-ified 2.9.1. solve the issue??

Ben

Nothing yet I don't think, works for some people, doesn't for others....

You don't have much to loose though, as far as I know it's just mboot that needs to be reinstalled. I installed mboot and a new rom afterwards and all my old apps were still there.... The slowest part about putting android on it is downloading all the programs u need for ur pc.... and since you'll have all this from last time it's fairly painless......

I've never had a wif-fi problem on android so can't offer you advice on that front, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1321335
    Its gives two links there for people having trouble with wifi though... maybe they'll be of some use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

The first alpha of ICS has been released for touchpad. some issues with sound,video and the market

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

I've installed and pretty impressed. In work so haven't tested sound but video seems OK... not great but OK but that's because hardware accel is not working yet.

Seems very usable though but WiFi strength is low. Having difficulty maintaining connection whereas on CM7 and on my phone connection strength is a lot higher.

BuzzFish wrote: »
    I've installed and pretty impressed. In work so haven't tested sound but video seems OK... not great but OK but that's because hardware accel is not working yet.

Seems very usable though but WiFi strength is low. Having difficulty maintaining connection whereas on CM7 and on my phone connection strength is a lot higher.

how are your installed apps behaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

how are your installed apps behaving?

Very Well
    I used this gapps: http://goo.gl/hkYcN
    No calendar sync issues other are reporting!!

and this so I can mount the tp in windows as a drive: http://goo.gl/7UOaO

• Advertisement

Can you post a link to the ICS Alpha please?

It's not listed on the usual site I use for downloads.....

http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Touchpad_Developers/Team_Xron/CM7base_XRONified/

hmmm im having trouble with the video and audio as it in CM7...i might wait for the next release to install ICS

That's ICS installed and working without any issues. I like it so far.

Now that I've used it for a while I'm having problems with Android Market and Email. Camera not working either.

Camera is not working and won't be for a while. Email is working fine for me and I'm getting only the odd FC with the market. Did you install a gapps package?

Now that I've used it for a while I'm having problems with Android Market and Email. Camera not working either.

Worth installing do you think? or should we wait for next release?

Definitely worth installing, practically as stable as the CM7 alphas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Can someone do a quick check on how netflix and youtube perform there? I've been using my Touchpad for both a lot recently

Camera is not working and won't be for a while. Email is working fine for me and I'm getting only the odd FC with the market. Did you install a gapps package?

No, I didn't install a gapps package. They were both working fine on the last version of Android.

What gapps package do I need?

Edit : I'm going to install the one from Page 37 of this thread.

• Advertisement

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Can someone do a quick check on how netflix and youtube perform there? I've been using my Touchpad for both a lot recently

YouTube works fine.

No, I didn't install a gapps package. They were both working fine on the last version of Android.

What gapps package do I need?

Edit : I'm going to install the one from Page 37 of this thread.

I'm not quite sure what gapps version that is, but you should install one that is specifically for ICS, e.g. this one.

I'm not quite sure what gapps version that is, but you should install one that is specifically for ICS, e.g. this one.

I've installed that gapps version thanks, email and market working now. Only problem is camera and each time I start up it says the clock has stopped working but it still shows the correct time. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm gonna install it now to see what it's like. Hopefully it's not too buggy but if it is, I'm not that bothered. I don't really use my touchpad anymore.

I did the install and im very very impressed.Only thing that doesnt work for me is the Email app. Ive found that the video playback has actually improved and the tablet is super responsive.

Has anyone managed to get Google Sky Map working with Android on the Touchpad? I don't get much more than a blank screen but can see that it is picking up my location OK.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Very Well
    I used this gapps: http://goo.gl/hkYcN
    No calendar sync issues other are reporting!!

and this so I can mount the tp in windows as a drive: http://goo.gl/7UOaO

I can't get mounting to work with my ICS touchpad. I've installed that but windows fails to install the drivers. Since putting android on the touchpad I've re-installed windows so I don't have any of that software installed now but mounting still worked under gingerbread last night.

ICS mounts using MTP rather then mass storage. Go to settings - storage. Then click the button in the top right, then check MTP.

ICS mounts using MTP rather then mass storage. Go to settings - storage. Then click the button in the top right, then check MTP.

Thanks for that. I was trying all sorts of stuff and was getting nowhere.

• Advertisement

Where are the widgets? are they to do with the launcher you use? i'm using the launcher that came with ICS...when i hold on a blank space on the home screen,all I get is wallpaper options... nothing about widgets which I used to.

Glad I upgraded, a lot more tablet friendly! Gmail looks well as does the size of the icons etc. Zinio gave me an error first time I opened it saying to insert an SD card, then it shut down. Worked fine the second time.

Advertisement