Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Where are the widgets? are they to do with the launcher you use? i'm using the launcher that came with ICS...when i hold on a blank space on the home screen,all I get is wallpaper options... nothing about widgets which I used to.

Glad I upgraded, a lot more tablet friendly! Gmail looks well as does the size of the icons etc. Zinio gave me an error first time I opened it saying to insert an SD card, then it shut down. Worked fine the second time.

In the apps screen there is an option for widgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

In the apps screen there is an option for widgets.

doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭loopymum

Arghhh, I have the cm72.5 on my touchpad and I gave the OH a touchpad for Christmas but hadn't gotten around to installing android till yesterday, tried to put on ICS from the link here but all I'm getting is a rolling boot, put on the cm7 because I had all the files still on pc and that is working fine, anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

loopymum wrote: »
    Arghhh, I have the cm72.5 on my touchpad and I gave the OH a touchpad for Christmas but hadn't gotten around to installing android till yesterday, tried to put on ICS from the link here but all I'm getting is a rolling boot, put on the cm7 because I had all the files still on pc and that is working fine, anyone any ideas?

Now all u need to do is the upgrade to ICS so it should be straightforward... ACME installer 2 and the new ICS zip file, you just need to put them into the "cminstall folder" folder on the touchpad and then reboot to developer mode etc. I did it last night, takes under ten mins for it all.

Ok thanks, when I was installing ICS on the new touchpad I used the original Acmeinstaller, didn't realise there was a new version

• Advertisement

Nice, just put it on the OHs touchpad, will do my own later

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭jimmy_t

Has anyone who had wifi issues on the gingerbread version found that they have been solved by installing ICS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

guys - Can somone relink the howto on installing ICS Alpha as the original link is dead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

jimmy_t wrote: »
    Has anyone who had wifi issues on the gingerbread version found that they have been solved by installing ICS?

This I would be interested in!!!!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

http://liliputing.com/2012/01/how-to-install-android-4-0-on-the-hp-touchpad-cyanogenmod-9-alpha.html

A general how to, from scratch or half way down article from cm7, I came from Odin , must say very impressed with ics, a few app don't work the important ones do kindle much better , no force
    Close yet, wifi working grand all day, switch from sleep twenty plus times, the best custom so far, brilliant work :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Installed it yesterday morning.

Some minor issues with google calendar and docs. Had to install the Gflash from CWM and then uninstall and reinstall both. They now work perfectly.

Dolphin Browser also needed to be updated before it would work correctly. Working fin now.

Moboplayer and Kindle both working perfectly on it too.

Pretty good release. Based on this i would say the full release must be quite close and should be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Is it worth upgrading to ICS from the original gingerbread 3.0 yet or should i wait until the next update arrives. Is there many issues with ICS?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

stevekavo wrote: »
    Is it worth upgrading to ICS from the original gingerbread 3.0 yet or should i wait until the next update arrives. Is there many issues with ICS?

I'd recommend it. I haven't noticed any problems with ICS on my touchpad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I've not moved off web os just yet as, well i kinda just like it! But am wondering if a Netflix app will ever come out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Has anyone gone from CM7 Xron-ified 2.9.1 to ICS CM9 with classic nerds site?
    I'm lookin for an easy to understand tutorial to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

iggy wrote: »
    Has anyone gone from CM7 Xron-ified 2.9.1 to ICS CM9 with classic nerds site?
    I'm lookin for an easy to understand tutorial to do it.

read back the post 381 , i called xron, odin by mistake :o
    http://liliputing.com/2012/01/how-to-install-android-4-0-on-the-hp-touchpad-cyanogenmod-9-alpha.html

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Has anyone had any luck setting up an Irish Hotmail account on a Touchpad, ie a Live.ie account? It seems to work for Hotmail.com and Live.com, but I can't seem to get Live.ie work, any suggestions?

I am very happy with the ICS on the OHs touchpad, will probably upgrade mine in the next few days.

Has anybody got any hassle opening the Anroid Market place. Mine wont after i put on ICS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Went from cm7 alpha 3.0 to cm9 alpha0.5 earlier.
    Titanium backup all my user apps.
    Acmeinstall2 then wipedcache, factory reset, davlik.
    Booted up, powered down to cwm. Installed new gapps.
    Installed titanium backup from market, now its all set up and running perfectly :)
    Loving the ICS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Bought one of these in the December firesale, supposedly refurbised but looks 100%, I have rarely used it, don't think it could ever replace my netbook, haven't installed android and still using american adaptor, pretty much as new.

The graphics card on my laptop is after letting me down, looks like it will be a costly job to replace, might just invest in a new desktop so considering selling the touchpad to raise funds.

Considering I need the money, how much is a reasonable amount to ask for it if I go ahead with the sale. People on donedeal are asking for €250, I paid between €150 and €170, its the 16gb, might just look to recoup what I paid. If others were selling, what kind of money would they sell for?

tvercetti wrote: »
    Bought one of these in the December firesale, supposedly refurbised but looks 100%, I have rarely used it, don't think it could ever replace my netbook, haven't installed android and still using american adaptor, pretty much as new.

The graphics card on my laptop is after letting me down, looks like it will be a costly job to replace, might just invest in a new desktop so considering selling the touchpad to raise funds.

Considering I need the money, how much is a reasonable amount to ask for it if I go ahead with the sale. People on donedeal are asking for €250, I paid between €150 and €170, its the 16gb, might just look to recoup what I paid. If others were selling, what kind of money would they sell for?

I sold 32GB models for €250. I'm thinking of selling mine as well. It's brilliant and ICS really improves it but I just never use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I sold 32GB models for €250. I'm thinking of selling mine as well. It's brilliant and ICS really improves it but I just never use it.

There cool but I find them a bit of a novelty, I keep saying I will install Android but never got around to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

stevekavo wrote: »
    Has anybody got any hassle opening the Anroid Market place. Mine wont after i put on ICS.

You need to install gapps (I had to go looking for it as it's not with the other files)
    When you find the zip you can install it in clockwork mode (or whatever it's called)

frash wrote: »
    You need to install gapps (I had to go looking for it as it's not with the other files)
    When you find the zip you can install it in clockwork mode (or whatever it's called)

Thanks for that. I was wondering what i was missing.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

OK guys, I'm about to take the leap and install Android on my TP later this evening.

What is the best version of CM to install? What is the best tutorial to use?

Thanks in advance ...

Hmmm, I am using my phone to tether for broadband at the moment and my TP that still has cm7 2.5 has no problem connecting the hotspot but the tp with ics installed is not seeing the hotspot at all. Anyone have a similar issue?

I got the android market place installed with the gapps file but it wont download any Apps that ive selected. It goes to download and then says it cant because of an error(no specific detail)? Anyone else having the same issue? I know some Apps wont work but i cant even download adobe flash or sky news.

Anybody got any tips i could try.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭The Mulk

tvercetti wrote: »

PM me if you'll sell it to me for your cost price :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

ToadVine wrote: »
    OK guys, I'm about to take the leap and install Android on my TP later this evening.

What is the best version of CM to install? What is the best tutorial to use?

Thanks in advance ...

Read the last 3-4 pages, latest version with tutorial etc is referenced.

Ben

Advertisement