Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Another update has been released. It gives you a nice couple of features. They seem to be releasing the updates quickly. Hopefully they sort out the HD playing and camera issues soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

stevekavo wrote: »
    Another update has been released. It gives you a nice couple of features. They seem to be releasing the updates quickly. Hopefully they sort out the HD playing and camera issues soon.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I finally took the plunge and installed android on mine. Really impressed with it so far, I don't know why I waited so long to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Lads, i know this is a tips and tricks thread but i dont know where else to put it. So i got a hp touchpad at christmas, worked flawlessly up until yesterday, while i was using it, the battery died but when i went to charge it it wont charge, or even show the low battery icon. Has this happened anyone on here?? If so how did yous fix it ? Cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Lads, i know this is a tips and tricks thread but i dont know where else to put it. So i got a hp touchpad at christmas, worked flawlessly up until yesterday, while i was using it, the battery died but when i went to charge it it wont charge, or even show the low battery icon. Has this happened anyone on here?? If so how did yous fix it ? Cheers

This can happen if it goes completely dead. Just leave it plugged in for a while and eventually the charging icon will appear.

• Advertisement

I done that yesterday and still nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Have you tried resetting it while it's plugged in? Press the menu button and the power button together for about 15 seconds or so. Worked for me when i had charging issues - though the low battery symbol was still showing on mine.

Tried that, even when i plug it into a computer its not showing up as a connected device or anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Tried that, even when i plug it into a computer its not showing up as a connected device or anything :(
    Mine done the same in November, just died
    i had to ring HP they collected it and repaired it, turn around about 5 days

How much was it to get fixed?
    Thanks for the help lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

chris1970 wrote: »
    Mine done the same in November, just died
    i had to ring HP they collected it and repaired it, turn around about 5 days

That's pretty damn quick. Fair play to HP.
    How much was it to get fixed?
    Thanks for the help lads :)

I imagine it was free, under warranty.

Thing is my mam got it in america in september but held it up for a present so ill have to see if its under warranty still

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ah it should be fine, AFAIK it goes on the date of creating the HP Account/registering the device.
    Warranty should be worldwide

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Has anyone had issues with mtp and windows xp. I have selected mtp on the touchpad (cm9) and I have windows media player 11 installed on the computer. It recognised the touchpad once and there is an icon for it in wmp 11 but every time I have connected it since nothing happens on the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

One
    Has anyone had issues with mtp and windows xp. I have selected mtp on the touchpad (cm9) and I have windows media player 11 installed on the computer. It recognised the touchpad once and there is an icon for it in wmp 11 but every time I have connected it since nothing happens on the computer.

Make sure USB debugging unchecked on touchpad,
    2) when mine broke it was repaired free under warranty, replaced free

So heres the story, since it was bought in america they cant repair it here, so i have to send it to my uncle in america, who has to send it onto hp then they send it back to him and from him to me, confusing but hey at least its getting fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Does anybody know the length of the warranty on the touchpad?

How would I go about applying for a repair(faulty mini usb port)?
    It was bought from fnac.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

For anyone who might miss it there's a bargain alert thread for the official touchpad case from HP in the UK for £5 inc. postage.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Just ordered the official holder for £5 delivered, unbelievable!!

Any updates on CM9. Is it stable enough yet to be a long term OS?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Alpha 1 released by CM for the Touchpad.

Better Youtube and Video, no Netflix... Users experience pretty positive so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Dammer wrote: »

Better Youtube and Video, no Netflix... Users experience pretty positive so far.

I have classicnerd ICS installed on my TP.

When i flash CM9 ALPHA1 on it there is still classicnerd in the moboot screen.

I did wipe data and cache and dalvik.

How do i do a clean CM9 ALPHA 1 without any traces of other roms left behind.
    I thought i could just install from zip over my other ICS ROM?

iggy wrote: »
    I have classicnerd ICS installed on my TP.

When i flash CM9 ALPHA1 on it there is still classicnerd in the moboot screen.

I did wipe data and cache and dalvik.

How do i do a clean CM9 ALPHA 1 without any traces of other roms left behind.
    I thought i could just install from zip over my other ICS ROM?

Not sure to be honest... I'm kinda new to ROMs.
    Had some probs with market.apk so I basically backed up the WebOs on the touchpad and used ACMEUninstaller to start from scratch to remove Alpha 0.6.

Did you look on youtube?

Bit long winded...

Shorter info

Probably the best way is to fully restore WebOS Remove ALL Mods and ROMs and start over with a restored HP Touchpad (No dual boot)

Good luck, hope you sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Dammer wrote: »

New update alpha 2 now available from same place as above.

Netflix working now.

Netflix working now.

No way! Already!

Looks like they will have a finished stable version of ICS sooner then I thought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

What method are people using to update to CM9 from CM7. Are they using the acmeinstaller2 or clockworkmod ?
    Which has less issues ?

Tweaky wrote: »
    What method are people using to update to CM9 from CM7. Are they using the acmeinstaller2 or clockworkmod ?
    Which has less issues ?
    When I had mine I just used clockwork mod. No problems at all.

Tweaky wrote: »
    Which has less issues ?

I used ACMEInstaller2 when I first loaded Alpha 0.6 CM9

Then used clockworkMod to load Alpha 1 CM9
    This worked flawlessy for me. When I rebooted I got a screen saying upgrading Android, and it restored all my apps.

Will be doing the same with Alpha 2

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Netflix working now.

LINKY?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

rco2000 wrote: »
    LINKY?

Same link as above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Anybody having issues with the touchpad and the Netopia 2247nwg router? My touchpad doesn't seem to like it in WebOS or Android modes! I switched to this router as the Zyxel router eircom gave me can't handle torrents!

I've upgraded the Zyxel firmware now and maybe it'll work (it gets flooded with torrent connections and I can't use web when torrents downloading).

But strange that the netopia router and touchpad don't seem compatible... it will get small bits of data, a page or two might load but then it will go dead.... and a speed test usually never completes as it goes dead if it starts at all.

So I'll either have to use my zyxel as a bridging router to my netopia or else splash out on a new one! unless somebody has ideas about the netopia and touchpad computability?

Advertisement