Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Tweaky wrote: »
    benthere
    The good news is that the chrome browser is now working.
    As far as upgrading I used the clockwork mod method and everything working perfectly.

Do you mean drop the new CM9 zip onto the internal drive of the TP, boot into recovery, hit install from Zip and away we go a la flashing ROM's on your phone???

Ben

Ha!! I'm clearly very rusty. Tried to boot into recovery just to familiarise myself with the menu options etc by holding down the power and volume up button for a few seconds and I managed to freeze the device all together. All I have now is a white USB symbol in the middle of the screen. With my ohone should something like this happen I'd just do a battery pull but what do I do here with the TP?? I've tried holding down the power button for a long time then the power+vol+ the power+vol- etc but no joy.

Is it going to be a long night????

Ben

OK, maybe not so rusty. Quick Google sorted the USB stuck problem. Now in Recovery and I can see my next challenge. If I download the CM9 ZIP to the TP hard drive do I install it via "Apply update from SD card" or "install ZIP from sdcard"? I think the latter but it's a coin toss unless someone here can shed some light or I read back through the last 20 pages or so.

I'll start reading and hope someone put me out of my misery!!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

BenThere wrote: »
    OK, maybe not so rusty. Quick Google sorted the USB stuck problem. Now in Recovery and I can see my next challenge. If I download the CM9 ZIP to the TP hard drive do I install it via "Apply update from SD card" or "install ZIP from sdcard"? I think the latter but it's a coin toss unless someone here can shed some light or I read back through the last 20 pages or so.

I'll start reading and hope someone put me out of my misery!!

Ben

It's install zip from sdcard.
    Have u cleared your cache and dalvik too yea?

iggy wrote: »
    It's install zip from sdcard.
    Have u cleared your cache and dalvik too yea?

Yea, I did. I've been flashing ROM's for +/- 3 years now (2-3 times a year not a 'nightly' guy!!) so I'm familiar with the process.

Have to say I'm very impressed with ICS. I also installed GAPPS and everything booted up fine. The main problem I was having with CM7 (dropping wi-fi) seems to be gone and that will certainly result in more use of the TP.

The ICS interface is great. Netflix and Dropbox are working fine as are Gmail and Chrome which is a major bonus as it syncs the bookmarks I have on my leptop and home PC to the TP - Excellent!!

What the hell is the Play Shop though??? I got a pop up saying the Market App is now called the "Play Shop" so I accepted but it feels/looks weird. Is it just a name change or should I (can I) switch back?

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭The Mulk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Noticed a crack in mine beside one of the speakers at the weekend. Anyone know what the warranty is like for fixing these issues or should I just glue it?

Linkys no worky :(

Can't get them to work, not too IT savvy:p

Try google " HOW TO: $15 stand alone powered USB dongle for touchpad"

you might get it, it's on XDA developers forum.

The PDF is good

• The Mulk wrote: »
    Can't get them to work, not too IT savvy:p

Try google " HOW TO: $15 stand alone powered USB dongle for touchpad"

you might get it, it's on XDA developers forum.

The PDF is good

xda thread

pdf

• Advertisement

Cheers, do you think this is the only option or have you any other options for using a USB drive handily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The Mulk wrote: »
    Cheers, do you think this is the only option or have you any other options for using a USB drive handily.

I haven't tried it but this seems to be another solution that doesn't involve any soldering.

Here's another ebay listing of the solar powered USB hub used for the above solution which gives a better idea of what's involved. The critical bit is that the USB hub has it's own rechargeable batteries (which can be recharged by AC power as well as solar) to power the usb drive.

Here's another solar powered usb hub which should do the same job but looks a little more compact in size.

invest4deepvalue.com

• I updated to CM9 alpha 2 by way of ClockWordMod. I saw on the rootzwiki page that if you're updating this way you need to clear your data. I did so but now my Google apps seem to be gone. There's no icon for Google Play/Market or Gmail. Is there an easy way to get these back please?

Also the main reason I updated was to try and buy the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition 2012 app. Alas it says it's incompatible with my Touchpad! :( What's that all about FFS?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

I updated to CM9 alpha 2 by way of ClockWordMod. I saw on the rootzwiki page that if you're updating this way you need to clear your data. I did so but now my Google apps seem to be gone. There's no icon for Google Play/Market or Gmail. Is there an easy way to get these back please?

Also the main reason I updated was to try and buy the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition 2012 app. Alas it says it's incompatible with my Touchpad! :( What's that all about FFS?

Download the latest gapps and install using the clockword mod method.
    http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Anyone managed to tether a CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich Touchpad to an Iphone yet?

• For anyone who has upgraded to CM9/ICS and is having trouble connecting by USB then this post will be very helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Anyone having issues with the touch screen not responding to cm9 alpha 2? Every so often when trying to unlock it from the lock screen it does not respond and i have to hard reset. Any fix for this?

Davie89 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with the touch screen not responding to cm9 alpha 2? Every so often when trying to unlock it from the lock screen it does not respond and i have to hard reset. Any fix for this?

I'm having the same issue + it's dropping the wi-fi connection despite reporting a strong signal. The only fix I have found to the wi-fi issue is to turn delete the wi-fi network all together, turn wi-fi off and on again, do a scan and then add the deleted wi-fi network back. It's a pain in the ar$e.

Any sign of a Beta or RC version in the pipeline??

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Trying to install alpha two, I get as far as the cmd, but when I hit enter nothing happens?

edit: never mind, takes a few minutes to work.

I'm having a terrible time with wi-fi on CMP Alpha Two.

It drops wi-fi intermittently and previously only deleting the network, turning wi-fi off and on and reloading the network worked but that's no longer working.

What's completely bizzare is when wi-fi is on it clearly sees the networks but it simply won't connect to them no matter what way I try and do it. I've booted into WebOS and it connects to my network first time :mad:

Anyone got any ideas as to how I can remedy this? It's really wrecking my head as without internet access CM9 is pretty much useless!!

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Some of the nightlys work better then others, try the Rohan wifi fixer from xda links,
    that worked for me, plus I changed my lynsys Cisco router to channel 6, some days better then others

Thanks Chris, problem is, how do I get the Rohan wi-fi fixer without an internet connection????

Ben

Transfer via Bluetooth or just attach via laptop and put file in a folder you will remember

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I let the battery drain completely using cm9 and now it won't hold its charge properly (turns off instantly when I unplug it) help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

ANybody know how to restart ICS on the touchpad? When i press the power button and let it go it just locks the screen, no matter how long it's held for.. .was working a few mins ago.

Reason I have to restart is I can't find the USB mode to connect to my computer and have to restart in HP mode...

any help for either? I'll just let the battery run down will I?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

ANybody know how to restart ICS on the touchpad? When i press the power button and let it go it just locks the screen, no matter how long it's held for.. .was working a few mins ago.

Reason I have to restart is I can't find the USB mode to connect to my computer and have to restart in HP mode...

any help for either? I'll just let the battery run down will I?

Hold down power and.home button for 30 seconds

chris1970 wrote: »
    try the Rohan wifi fixer from xda links

Hi Chris,

Is this the app you are referring to? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=21406675

Ben

• Reason I have to restart is I can't find the USB mode to connect to my computer and have to restart in HP mode...

this

chris1970 wrote: »
    Transfer via Bluetooth or just attach via laptop and put file in a folder you will remember

OK I did that but how do I actually install the APK? I have turned on "Unknown sources" but when I click on the "Downloads" app the wifixmanager.apk file doesn't show even though it's definitely in there with other APK's which were downloaded previously. I can see it when I connect the TP to my laptop.

:confused:

Ben

• Advertisement

Hi Chris,

Is this the app you are referring to? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=21406675

Ben

No Ben this one,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1519161

There is a new official nightly
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1568685
    I'm running it now, looks pretty much the same

Advertisement