Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Any one else not seeing some apps in the HP App Store - I see reviews of BHomePro - but can't seem to find it in the store - regional app store perhaps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

viboy wrote: »
    Any one else not seeing some apps in the HP App Store - I see reviews of BHomePro - but can't seem to find it in the store - regional app store perhaps ?

I just found it there when i looked, just opened hp app store, clicked on search and looked for bhome.
    Shows 2 results, the standard bhome and the pro. .Standard is free, pro is 3.99.
    My location is set as ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Anyone know how to upgrade Kalemsoft media player?...I had the demo (version 0.3.0) installed and purchased the app today, the current version is 0.4.0 but don't know how to get it installed? I purchased through the Kalemsoft website by the way and activated the installed version.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Indeed there it is - must have been blind or suffering from a serious case of fat fingers.

Cheers.
    phill106 wrote: »
    I just found it there when i looked, just opened hp app store, clicked on search and looked for bhome.
    Shows 2 results, the standard bhome and the pro. .Standard is free, pro is 3.99.
    My location is set as ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Sconsey wrote: »
    Anyone know how to upgrade Kalemsoft media player?...I had the demo (version 0.3.0) installed and purchased the app today, the current version is 0.4.0 but don't know how to get it installed? I purchased through the Kalemsoft website by the way and activated the installed version.

Thanks.
    if you go into options, there is a section about activation in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

I got a 32GB TP from the US which a cousin dropped off this morning.

I'm going to read the preceding 15 pages later today to load preware etc but I have an immediate problem which I'd appreciate some thoughts on.

My TP came with a US (two prong) charger (obviously) which I don't have an adapter for. I've tried charging it with a standard micro usb charger from a Samsung phone but when I connect it I get the following error message

"Device may not charge. Your device is connected to a charging source that provides less than the recommended voltage or current. To reliably charge, use the power adapter and USB cable for your device"

I also tried plugging the USB cable which came with the TP into my laptop but whilst it recognises it as connected and offers to transfer files it doesn't charge it. It says "To charge your device, use the power supply that came with it"

WTF???? Does the USB cable not charge the device? Why on earth not?

Any ideas on what I can do to sort this? I'm running out of juice and beginning to panic :eek:

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm going to read the preceding 15 pages later today to load preware etc but I have an immediate problem which I'd appreciate some thoughts on.

My TP came with a US (two prong) charger (obviously) which I don't have an adapter for. I've tried charging it with a standard micro usb charger from a Samsung phone but when I connect it I get the following error message

"Device may not charge. Your device is connected to a charging source that provides less than the recommended voltage or current. To reliably charge, use the power adapter and USB cable for your device"

I also tried plugging the USB cable which came with the TP into my laptop but whilst it recognises it as connected and offers to transfer files it doesn't charge it. It says "To charge your device, use the power supply that came with it"

Any ideas on what I can do to sort this? I'm running out of juice and beginning to panic :eek:

Ben

It will charge, just very slowly.

Have a look here:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/74446072

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi all,

Ben

Ben, i was in the same position. You'll have to get a plug adapter as your mobile charger and even your computers USB (im fairly sure) are not powerful enough to charge the TP.

Thanks Kenny,

Can I ask you a couple of more questions?

1. Will this Touchstone work with my US device or do I need to order one from the US?? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hewlett-Packard-FB340AA-ABB-Touchstone/dp/B0056OWBRK/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1316256718&sr=8-13

2. Is this the best case to get to a) protect it and b) facilitate easy typing/web surfing and multi angle screen/movie viewing? http://www.amazon.co.uk/LuvTab-Touchpad-Tablet-Genius-Typing/dp/B005FSGMLI/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_4

3. Is there a case which incorporates a keyboard of some sort, possibly bluetooth?

4. Will the Touchstone charge the TP if it has the above case wrapped around it???

5. Should I invest in this adapter to make sure I don't have any charging problems or slow charging??? http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-TouchPad-International-Travel-Kit/dp/B0058CZX7U/ref=lh_ni_t

Appreciate the input Kenny and I look forward to making a positive contribution on here in due course.

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

I got a third party case and it charges away on the touchstone with no problems at all! And the one I got is pretty thick !

Around page 15 theres a discussion on bluetooth case/keyboard combinations!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74432947

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Not long now for Android port...

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?5602-Video-Update-on-Cyanogenmod-Port

Check out the cool wallpaper..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Have the Kindle IPK file now guys, is it just a matter of installing it using the WebOSQuickInstaller?

Also, anyone used the guide here to overclock to 1.7GHz? - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1230912

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭loopymum

madmoe, did you follow the steps and install impostah?

I have overclocked to 1.5ghz but I was reading somewhere that someone overclocked but didn't find much difference with all the logging removed, only that battery life was life so I'm considering going back to the 1.2 ghz as I use mine for watching movies alot and that is eating battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Question: Regarding Skype, used this for the first time while setting up the HP and rang a moby number, great feature, what call costs are involved?
    If none, seems a great way of getting cheap calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Question: Regarding Skype, used this for the first time while setting up the HP and rang a moby number, great feature, what call costs are involved?
    If none, seems a great way of getting cheap calls?

now I'm curious. But i think Skype give you a few cents credit when you set up. Of course I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Was no mention of Skype credit, no request for credit card details so unless Eircom will detail a call on the bill and it is charged that way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

You get a ten minute free call from skype to a mobile/landline number when you first join. This counts for only one call though .i.e you cant make five 2 minute calls. If you dont use the ten minutes in your first call thats it. Have you tried to ring somebody again??

Hi lads,
    How long does the trIal of Kamelsoft Player last? How much is it to buy after that? Ye reckon it's worth it?

Just noticed the HP TP is formatted with FAT32 when I tried to copy a 720p movie over and it would not transfer :-( It was 4.36GB in size.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Davie89 wrote: »
    You get a ten minute free call from skype to a mobile/landline number when you first join. This counts for only one call though .i.e you cant make five 2 minute calls. If you dont use the ten minutes in your first call thats it. Have you tried to ring somebody again??

What are the rates after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    How long does the trIal of Kamelsoft Player last? How much is it to buy after that? Ye reckon it's worth it?

Just noticed the HP TP is formatted with FAT32 when I tried to copy a 720p movie over and it would not transfer :-( It was 4.36GB in size.....

kamelsoft about a week, another player 'touchplayer' via precentral free not as good but does the trick till android port get here

• Advertisement

chris1970 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

kamelsoft about a week, another player 'touchplayer' via precentral free not as good but does the trick till android port get here

Kamelsoft is much more polished and plays 720p no probs, unlike Touchplayer. Kamelsoft could not play a 1080p music video I threw at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Hi,
    I got a pad a few weeks ago and only now starting to look at it, I have a question that someone here might be able to help with.
    I copied some movies from my lap top to the pad but when I go to play them they are no in the video file. When I hook the pad up to the lap top and explore the pad the movies are there but not appearing on the pad whenI disconnect it.
    I followed all the steps which the pad tells me in tips.
    Am I doing something wrong.
    Any advice please.

Mcko

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

mcko wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got a pad a few weeks ago and only now starting to look at it, I have a question that someone here might be able to help with.
    I copied some movies from my lap top to the pad but when I go to play them they are no in the video file. When I hook the pad up to the lap top and explore the pad the movies are there but not appearing on the pad whenI disconnect it.
    I followed all the steps which the pad tells me in tips.
    Am I doing something wrong.
    Any advice please.

Mcko

You'll need a better media player than the standard one. I use KalemSoft Media Player and it works a treat and worth the €5 or so that it costs

Hey Buzz,
    Does 1080p\1080i content play perfectly for you using KalemSoft? You know if there is a way around the 4 GB MKV limit??

Hey Buzz,
    Does 1080p\1080i content play perfectly for you using KalemSoft? You know if there is a way around the 4 GB MKV limit??

TBH I haven't tried. 720p is perfectly fine and the biggest file I have on there is only 2 odd gig.

Maybe contact the authors? http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/products-WebOS-KSMPlayer.html

BuzzFish wrote: »
    TBH I haven't tried. 720p is perfectly fine and the biggest file I have on there is only 2 odd gig.

Maybe contact the authors? http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/products-WebOS-KSMPlayer.html

Cheers mate. 720p plays perfectly for me too it's just the 1080i\p plays put is SO SO slow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

BuzzFish wrote: »

Cheers mate. 720p plays perfectly for me too it's just the 1080i\p plays put is SO SO slow.....
    Why would you play a 1080p 4gb mkv on a tablet running on a battery and an ARM CPU with 16/32gb of storage space anyway? That's not even taking into account the screen resolution of the tablet which isn't even 720p.

I'll test 1080 tonight with the faster processor profile enabled and the logging pulled back to minimal and let ye know.

Why would you play a 1080p 4gb mkv on a tablet running on a battery and an ARM CPU with 16/32gb of storage space anyway? That's not even taking into account the screen resolution of the tablet which isn't even 720p.

True but ones does love fiddling ;-)

• Advertisement

Has anyone been able to get the flash player on www.liveonlinefooty.com working? I've been able to get flash working on you tube etc but liveonlinefooty aways fails to load :mad:

Advertisement