Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TR072 Pharmacy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I can confirm that the thought of schols rarely leaves my mind :P I figure I'll be well prepped for the annuals anyway even if I don't think I'll get them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Hey guys, sorry for bugging ye with questions but am in leaving cert and considering pharm. I love chemistry, especially organic and the course content sounds cool. The only thing is if I do pharmacy I have no interest in being a retail pharmacist, I think I'd prefer either a hospital pharmacist or do research. Is this a really bad attitude to go into this course with, did anyone here go into pharmacy unsure only to discover they love it? Any advice or info appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Hey guys, sorry for bugging ye with questions but am in leaving cert and considering pharm. I love chemistry, especially organic and the course content sounds cool. The only thing is if I do pharmacy I have no interest in being a retail pharmacist, I think I'd prefer either a hospital pharmacist or do research. Is this a really bad attitude to go into this course with, did anyone here go into pharmacy unsure only to discover they love it? Any advice or info appreciated!

I think I'm the only one on 4th year who really wants to work in community!:pac:
    So you'll be fine.
    If your considering going into research/industry trinity really is the place to be for pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Not everyone wants to be a community pharmacist (not retail pharmacist, this isn't America :p )

It's perfectly fine. Community Pharmacy isn't for everyone and there are plenty of other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Not everyone wants to be a community pharmacist (not retail pharmacist, this isn't America :p )

It's perfectly fine. Community Pharmacy isn't for everyone and there are plenty of other options.

Cool!! Thanks for the replies guys, greatly appreciated :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

I never want to look at or interpret an NMR spectrum again.

Missing out on the mystery tour :O Any advice going into the final month before schols? Particularly studying for Fabio's stuff? I'll probably only take 2 or 3 days off at Christmas.

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    Missing out on the mystery tour :O Any advice going into the final month before schols? Particularly studying for Fabio's stuff? I'll probably only take 2 or 3 days off at Christmas.

I'm missing out too...couldn't face another mystery tour like last year....messier than the ball

And my drink budget keeps getting spent on buying cheap cars! :pac:

Scortho wrote: »
    I'm missing out too...couldn't face another mystery tour like last year....messier than the ball

And my drink budget keeps getting spent on buying cheap cars! :pac:

I don't recall any of last years tour myself but I do remember your performance at the ball :P

I don't recall any of last years tour myself but I do remember your performance at the ball :P

Mystery tour involved me leaving the foundry in Carlow after 5 minutes then spending the next hour and a half walking around Carlow trying to find the foundry.
    I Remember trying to get on the maynooth engineering bus.
    Oh and getting out of the taxi after the bus journey.
    So I don't know how I ended up back in dublin that night! :pac:

• Advertisement

So I don't know how I ended up back in dublin that night! :pac:

One of this year's Freshers ended up waking up in Waterford (where we went in the end)! I possibly didn't make that much of a good impression either :pac::pac:

One of this year's Freshers ended up waking up in Waterford (where we went in the end)! I possibly didn't make that much of a good impression either :pac::pac:

Ah I'm sure you didn't do anything we haven't seen before :L

Any tips for the PH2003 practical exam? Is it just identifying various parts of plants and the plants themselves?

Any tips for the PH2003 practical exam? Is it just identifying various parts of plants and the plants themselves?

Yep!
    Quigleys is a titration and fabio you have 3 or 4 parts of a plant to identify.
    Very easy but made out to be really daunting.

Yep!
    Quigleys is a titration and fabio you have 3 or 4 parts of a plant to identify.
    Very easy but made out to be really daunting.

Thanks! Are the parts fairly obvious? Just typical parts like the stomata, trichomes etc.?

Thanks! Are the parts fairly obvious? Just typical parts like the stomata, trichomes etc.?
    Yeah there's usually at least 3 easily identifiable structures like trichomes/stomata. It's when it comes to telling apart parenchyma, collenchyma and all those other "bulk" tissues that it gets difficult.

Don't worry about it, both practical tests for PH2003 are easy.

Yeah there's usually at least 3 easily identifiable structures like trichomes/stomata. It's when it comes to telling apart parenchyma, collenchyma and all those other "bulk" tissues that it gets difficult.

Don't worry about it, both practical tests for PH2003 are easy.

Thanks :) Good stuff! The sooner 2nd year is over the better :P

Thanks :) Good stuff! The sooner 2nd year is over the better :P

The sooner I'm finished the better:pac:

Pharmacy: The ultimate college experience :L

12 more weeks of lectures/labs... very nearly there.

• Advertisement

Probably the most dispiriting PoP tutorial I've ever been at.

Anyone going into community pharmacy: you're ****ed.

Probably the most dispiriting PoP tutorial I've ever been at.

Anyone going into community pharmacy: you're ****ed.

I loved your reply yesterday...:)
    Pop is nothing like community pharmacy anyway!:)

I loved your reply yesterday...:)
    Pop is nothing like community pharmacy anyway!:)

I'm totally unsuited for it (and I'm first to admit that).

The reference pricing, generic substitutions and the fact they've gotten rid of the mark-up for the schemes are really going to drive income down.

I'm totally unsuited for it (and I'm first to admit that).

The reference pricing, generic substitutions and the fact they've gotten rid of the mark-up for the schemes are really going to drive income down.

More pharmacies go bust...the more cheap pharmacies i can buy in a few years:cool:

More pharmacies go bust...the more cheap pharmacies i can buy in a few years:cool:

Doing the MBA after the internship?

Doing the MBA after the internship?

Nah 30k on an MBA or 30K towards my own company...

I had planned to do an MBA 3 years after my degree was finished but then realised I actually like community pharmacy and stubborn patients:P

Why am I doing extra pharmacy exams on top of my annual ones? :P Need to get my head checked :L

Has anyone written a sample answer for Roche's ethics essay question for the 4006 paper? Would like to take a look.

Has anyone written a sample answer for Roche's ethics essay question for the 4006 paper? Would like to take a look.

I'd have to start studying before I could attempt a question!:/
    Feckin lack of time and too much to do.

• Advertisement

I'd have to start studying before I could attempt a question!:/
    Feckin lack of time and too much to do.

You may as well start into the papers. The Pharmacy and Medicines Law book is handy for it. The one thing that it doesn't cover though is clinical trials legislation and I think that might come up as an essay.

Advertisement