Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TR072 Pharmacy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Partyatmygaff is it true that Pharmacology was marked quite hard last year? Planning on doing 2 ceutics but have Pharmacology as a backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    Partyatmygaff is it true that Pharmacology was marked quite hard last year? Planning on doing 2 ceutics but have Pharmacology as a backup.

Two ceutics:eek: God you're very boring:D
    Watching paint dry is more interesting than learning about freeze drying and tablet counting:P

Scortho wrote: »
    Watching paint dry is more interesting than learning about freeze drying and tablet counting:P

Couldn't agree more but Ceutics is probably easier to pick up marks in than Practice and Pharmacology by the sounds of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Those two questions were probably the hardest marked of all three papers. Harkin has high standards.

Doing two ceutics questions is probably a good call. Failing that, there's no "next easiest". Just go with whatever question you feel best about.

What's the topic for paper 3 btw? Asthma in my year, Diabetes the year before. Wild guess... cancer or bone disease?

Watching paint freeze dry though...

• Advertisement

Those two questions were probably the hardest marked of all three papers. Harkin has high standards.

Doing two ceutics questions is probably a good call. Failing that, there's no "next easiest". Just go with whatever question you feel best about.

What's the topic for paper 3 btw? Asthma in my year, Diabetes the year before. Wild guess... cancer or bone disease?

Osteoporosis :P It's actually interesting enough and Paper 3 should be fine, I hope, but there's not point in even showing up if I can't manage Paper 2 :P Whoever put Ceutics, Pharmacology and Practice on the same paper had a sick sense of humour :P

Watching paint freeze dry though...

Oh very good.
    Still boring as fook!

Are there exams around this time for the 4th years?

Are there exams around this time for the 4th years?

Pharmacy law and ethics was on Monday and dispensing today. Were grand

Pharmacy law and ethics was on Monday and dispensing today. Were grand

Oh right didn't think Christmas exams existed for Pharmacy :P

• Advertisement

Oh right didn't think Christmas exams existed for Pharmacy :P

They do in fourth year for 4006a

Quite frankly I'd have loved to have gotten the likes of 02, 03 04 and 09 out of the way before heading back for Hillary.
    Sounds gruesome and all as it is, but so is a month of exams in May which are not fun

They do in fourth year for 4006a

Quite frankly I'd have loved to have gotten the likes of 02, 03 04 and 09 out of the way before heading back for Hillary.
    Sounds gruesome and all as it is, but so is a month of exams in May which are not fun

Same I'd like to have all the modules done this term out of the way

Same I'd like to have all the modules done this term out of the way

That's because you've studied them anyway! :pac:

Hi lads
    Im out of here, have far too much to do and not enough time to do it.:(
    Been nice knowing the few pharmacy regulars on here.
    If one or two don't know who I am, ill be the chap talking to partyatmygaff at the next wine reception about cars. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Hi lads
    If one or two don't know who I am, ill be the chap talking to partyatmygaff at the next wine reception about cars. :pac:

Aww don't go. I'll be the only 4th year on here now (except for the odd anonymous lurker).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

just a quick question does the physiology module show up again after 1st year? i was thinking of buying the book but the idea of investing 70 euro on a book that i will use for only 1 term doesnt seem that great

ahmdoda wrote: »
    just a quick question does the physiology module show up again after 1st year? i was thinking of buying the book but the idea of investing 70 euro on a book that i will use for only 1 term doesnt seem that great

I have Scortho's book if you want it? The only conditions are that you're on boards and that you buy him and I a pint apparently :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

I have Scortho's book if you want it? The only conditions are that you're on boards and that you buy him and I a pint apparently :P
    ah only problem is i have no idea who scrotho is :P on the other-hand i can give u the money for the pint and u can treat yourselves as i dont drink ^_^

Hi lads
    Ah no, there were only so many regulars on this thread >_>

Anyone want to bet on when Scortho will re-reg? :D

If any 4th years have the hospital pharmacy elective titles, can you send them on to me? I'm doing the one on the optimum use of biopharmaceuticals but I want to get the title right. Henman hasnt uploaded them for some reason.

• Advertisement

Just wanna show you all my new sig, courtesy of the Grads :P

If ye're still looking for the physiology book I still have it :P Just pm me and I can give it to ya in college. Scortho will be expecting a pint at the ball as well :P

Pharmacy ball tomorrow! :D

Pharmacy ball tomorrow! :D

I'll be the Fresher getting sick :P

So any ambulances/deaths/gardai raids last night?

So any ambulances/deaths/gardai raids last night?
    Nada. Ball lasted until the end without any casualties! Great night.

Well done to the 5 new schols!

Unreal day!

Be careful with 03 btw. Our own 03 paper was horrific.

This is for the lecturers who are probably stalking this page:

1. If you're going to say something about the exam paper, either
    make sure it's right or say nothing at all.

2. Actual content on the slides we're being examined on would be helpful. Not some random bloody paper.

• Advertisement

Highlight of the next two years will probably be aseptics in PH3004 (save for the exam which probably won't be very fun...)
    Reading that 1 year on, nope...

Advertisement