Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do with offers???

• 22-08-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I received my second choice today of midwifry in U.L. and i accepted it. however, my 1st choice was midwifry in cork which has gone up to 455, i got 450:mad:. I'm hopeful that i may get cork in the 2nd round offers but what do i do until then??:eek: orientation in U.L. is the 31st and 1st of september, but 2nd round offers dont come out til the 1st??? also, i would want to book accomodation and start moving in, the deposit for this is 250 but what if i get cork?? do i get this money back?? do i move in at all??:( im SO confused by all of this and what to do:confused:...........PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 silvercrown

hi there i hope you dont mind me asking a question on your thread as i've a similar problem- i also received my second offer today arts in NUIG,but i want to get my first choice 355pts in ucd (just a few points short).

i will accept my offer to galway today ,if i get my offer at ucd i'd definitely decline that offer.

the only problems is registration starts at nuig on the 24th, i have to pay for accomodation.

the 2nd round offer's on the 1st of september ,but i cant wait that long since the fees and grants application closes on the 31st of august.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aquinn1792

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this is my point exactly!!! i have no idea what to do!! any 1 who has any help for us it would be greatly appreciated asap!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 virtus1

I'm in the same boat. I accepted an offer but am holding out for the second round. My main concern is that I need to apply for a grant, and the closing date falls before the second round offers :-/ Getting anxious about accommodation too...

Aquinn, maybe you should explain your situation to the landlord and see if you can defer moving in / paying your deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aquinn1792

I've gone ahead and got accomodation for limerick!! cant afford to wait for the 2nd round offers as i need to have paperwork etc for the grant too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Aquinn1792 wrote: »
    I received my second choice today of midwifry in U.L. and i accepted it. however, my 1st choice was midwifry in cork which has gone up to 455, i got 450:mad:. I'm hopeful that i may get cork in the 2nd round offers but what do i do until then??:eek: orientation in U.L. is the 31st and 1st of september, but 2nd round offers dont come out til the 1st??? also, i would want to book accomodation and start moving in, the deposit for this is 250 but what if i get cork?? do i get this money back?? do i move in at all??:( im SO confused by all of this and what to do:confused:...........PLEASE HELP

There was a glitch on my course and what not so I should have got offered it but I phoned up and sorted it all out so I'd definitely get a place in my course. Even though I haven't been offered it yet I still need to go to the orientation and what not so I'd say maybe look into going to the orientation? Your only problem is that you get your student ID and loads of information needed for your years in UL. It'd be a waste of time if you went to the orientation then and went to cork? So I'd say just think on what you want to do :)
    Also, the accommodation deposit is refunded if you don't take your place but won't be refunded till October time? You get the 200 back but not 50 of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement