Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chasing costs

Options
  • 22-08-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

got a price there of €450.00 cash to chase our house 2000 square foot for the electricial and plumbing side of things is this good does anyone know. only got the one quote so have nothing to compare it to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

Katz83 wrote: »
    got a price there of €450.00 cash to chase our house 2000 square foot for the electricial and plumbing side of things is this good does anyone know. only got the one quote so have nothing to compare it to

I paid €320 incl vat for my house. 2500 sqft. I have a lot of network and tv points. Think it was €3/chase. Price around, I got 3 quotes and they were all roughly the same. My plumbers did my chasing separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tevion1

It used to be 3 a chase without box cut-outs (for insulated slab situations)and 3.50 with, Some lads use consaws, some use double disc grinders and vacumes, bit of a mess with the consaw but quicker, also with some rough lads the electrician would have to do all the boxes again as theyed be off square and not deep enough. Try electrical wholesalers for numbers of chasers and ask them if the lads are any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭Casati

I was really annoyed by electricans who wouldnt do their own chasing, it pure lazy in my opinion. I think in order to avoid issues later on with the chasing now been done correctly, in the wrong place etc, that the trades have to do their own.

I think the best tradesmen realise this and are happy to do so I would be talking to your trades now to see what they will do.

Advertisement