Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat found decapitated, mind your pets

Options
  • 22-08-2011 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

This was posted on the GSPCA Facebook Page today:

Urgent warning to cat owner's
    .by GalwaySPCA on Monday, 22 August 2011 at 09:05.we received a call from a man who lives on Well park rd. He found a decapitated body of a cat in his garden Sunday morning, there are no blood splatters around and no head. Being Sunday he left the body there for us to see but the cats body was moved again during the night night from one side of the garden to the other. It is unlikely that it was moved by an animal of any kind as there are no signs of any other damage to the body. This man also found dead cat in his garden last week, he suspects that it was poisoned.

We took the body of the cat to the vets , and on examination it was surmised that it had to be something very shark to give such a clean cut.

We are extremely worried about this incident and I think this is at least the third we have had for the eastern part of Galway city. The person who did this is a psychopath and is a very dangerous person. It has been proven with mass killers in America that they started out abusing animals and then went on to children and adults.
    We would ask all pet owners in the area of Wellpark, Renmore,Ballyloughane, Ballybane, Mervue, Tuam Rd area to be extra vigilent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭inkwell

The person who did this is a psychopath and is a very dangerous person. It has been proven with mass killers in America that they started out abusing animals and then went on to children and adults.
    [/EMAIL]

I 100% agree with this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Saw that on facebook. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread title amended to show what thread is about.
    As long as the discussion is about these cases and the area I'm happy to leave it here as local pet owner should be aware.

If discussion spreads to poor animals in general or animal cruelty in general it will be locked.
    The Animals forums is available for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

We took the body of the cat to the vets , and on examination it was surmised that it had to be something very shark to give such a clean cut.

The great white in the garden with the knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sharks can breath on land now, so this is how 2012 is going to go down I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Jaws v Paws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

This was posted on the GSPCA Facebook Page today:

it had to be something very shark to give such a clean cut.

Fish eats cat - The world is gone mad!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Sharktopus roams the land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lasgaviotas

One would have to assume that the shark is of the 2 legged variety!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Some clown with a Samurai sword maybe

Plenty have these but some realy shouldn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

mikemac wrote: »
    Some clown with a Samurai sword maybe

Plenty have these but some realy shouldn't

promo_image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

Ok, shark was funny, but I don't get why are you making fun out of something so dreadful? It's scary to think individual capable of doing something like this might be your neighbour.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Poor kitty! :( There are some weirdos out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

a) Poor cat!
    b) Katana's aren't as sharp as Highlander would lead you to believe. 90% of the Katana's out there wouldn't cut mustard, they are display models and would break if ever they where used since they are not fully tang'd.
    c) Poor cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

softmee wrote: »
    Ok, shark was funny, but I don't get why are you making fun out of something so dreadful? It's scary to think individual capable of doing something like this might be your neighbour.. :(
    Your jumping to conclusions just like the facebook post. There's nothing to say the cat didn't have some sort of accident and got dumped or moved by animals. the Facebook post is to emotionally charged for me to give it too much credence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

ScumLord wrote: »
    Your jumping to conclusions just like the facebook post. There's nothing to say the cat didn't have some sort of accident and got dumped or moved by animals. the Facebook post is to emotionally charged for me to give it too much credence.

An accident causing a clean decapitation with no blood spatter?? Talk about not being taken in by stuff... Clearly the work of a sick individual, and cruelty to animals should not be taken lightly. As is stated above, it is an early indicator of a psychopath.

ScumLord wrote: »

What kind of conclusion did you find in my post? That the person who did it might be your/mine neighbour? This somebody lives somewhere in Galway, I doubt tourist would do this.. So its no conclusion - it's a fact.
    Also -about the GSPCA facebook comment:
    Maybe it is "emotionally charged" because they are people who care and don't agree for cruelty like this? Their comment about him (maybe her-who knows) beeing psychopat is not any kind of fantasy. It is another fact - murderers who killed people often were torturing and killing animals at the begining of their "career".
    It is not any kind of "crazy cat lady" talking - it happened before many times ufortunately.

THFC wrote: »
    An accident causing a clean decapitation with no blood spatter??

Exactly.. :rolleyes: Fell from a fence on axe blade..

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/425882/the_link_between_animal_abuse_and_serial.html

"Some children are cruel to and torture animals to impress their peers, but future serial killers usually torture animals purely for their own enjoyment. Animal abuse is a recognized sign of a mental disorder. If a child hurts animals it should be a red flag and immediate action should be taken. While there are many factors that contribute to someone becoming a serial killer, the one constant they share is animal abuse."

"Edward Emil Kemper lll was convicted of killing eight women, one of which was his own mother. When he was thirteen yrs. old he would kill neighborhood cats and put their heads on poles. Kemper killed his own cat, decapitated it and then cut it into small pieces. This is the same thing he did to his own mother! "

"As a matter of fact, most people who are on death row for murder admit to abusing animals as children. A study done by North Eastern University and the Massachusetts SPCA found that people who abuse animals are five times more likely to abuse humans than people who do not. Albert Schweitzer said it best when the wrote that "Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human lives".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

So when are we rounding up an angry mob with pitchforks and going looking for the Son of Seamus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Robbo wrote: »
    So when are we rounding up an angry mob with pitchforks and going looking for the Son of Seamus?

It's only about not disregarding it just because it was "only a cat" - what most of you are doing..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

nobody's diregarding it, it's terrible, truely Catastrophic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Think I found the culprit.
    Seriously, who slaps a cat?

softmee wrote: »
    It's only about not disregarding it just because it was "only a cat" - what most of you are doing..
    I'm not treating it as "only a cat", I'm a cat owner and always have been. What get's my goat here is the truly absurd notion that Jeffrey Dahmer is patrolling the streets of Galway. A perfectly reasonable notice that "There's a sick **** who's mutilated a cat, keep an eye on yours" was given the benefit of a full Evening Herald style flight of fancy to elevate it to "Potential Mass Killer (sic) roams our streets". It's, if you'll pardon the heavy irony, jumping the shark at it's finest.

Why not go for broke in the hysteria stakes and throw in a Larry Murphy sighting?

Robbo wrote: »
    I'm not treating it as "only a cat", I'm a cat owner and always have been. What get's my goat here is the truly absurd notion that Jeffrey Dahmer is patrolling the streets of Galway. A perfectly reasonable notice that "There's a sick **** who's mutilated a cat, keep an eye on yours" was given the benefit of a full Evening Herald style flight of fancy to elevate it to "Potential Mass Killer (sic) roams our streets". It's, if you'll pardon the heavy irony, jumping the shark at it's finest.

Why not go for broke in the hysteria stakes and throw in a Larry Murphy sighting?

I dont know who Jeffrey Dahmer is.. but I think there was no hysteria in GSPCA comment and I still don't understand why you are more bothered by comment itself then by acctual act.
    Nobody said " oh, be careful he is gonna start killing people now" - what was said was only he has to be psychopath if he was able to do somethig like this and thats 100% true.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

This is a pretty terrible thing to happen to a cat let alone any animal but I find it strange that the GSPCA can label this person a psychopath without even knowing conclusively what actually happened to the cat?

Its a bit sensationalist tbh.

Moreover, they seem to be able to conduct a full investigation and form a diagnosis as well; kudos to the keyboard psychiatrists.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

fergpie wrote: »
    This is a pretty terrible thing to happen to a cat let alone any animal but I find it strange that the GSPCA can label this person a psychopath without even knowing conclusively what actually happened to the cat?

Its a bit sensationalist tbh.

Well how would you described the individuals who threw kittens out of their car whilst driving between Spiddal & Furbo ? One survived but only because someone spotted it being thrown. The rest were found dead at regular intervals along the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I expect Al-Jazeera will be showing the video soon enough.

Advertisement