Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

too much?

• 22-08-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi
    I am looking for some advice. I'm not even sure this is the right forum sorry if it is not. A friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer almost 4 years ago now!! When i say friend this a lady that i worked with from the time i was 16 til i was 20 she is my mam's age in her 50's but I never lost contact with her after all the years that went by. She is a great lady. At first she got it in her breast breast but it has spread to her liver, skin, bones and other breast. She is not able for anymore treatment and has a hospice nurse calling to her at home everyday!!! I haven't seen her in about 2 weeks before she got out of hospital last and I don't want to just call down at I spoke to her friend/carer and she said she is not able to make it down the stairs most days and is in a lot of pain.

I am wondering if people think sending a "thinking of you" card is a bit morbid or too much?? I was thinking of a little note and a pic of my daughter (10 month old) she had wanted me to call out with her but she obviously is just too ill now. I know for a fact that she doesn't want us seeing her so sick so calling to see her isn't an option.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fataltragedy

I would definitely send it.

When you or a family member are ill, getting post from people just to let you know you're in their thoughts can be hugely appreciated - and often, if a nice 'note' is written in it, quite uplifting too.

Sorry to hear you're going through this - and unable to visit her. Cancer is just .. atrocious for what it does to people, and their lives :(

Advertisement