Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reccomend a music player

Options
  • 22-08-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I got my galaxy s2 only 2 weeks ago and i'm still looking for a good music player. I tried the default one, winamp and now i'm using cube, Not really happy with any of them. These are the features i;m looking for;

- smooth transition between songs (i listen to live alums a lot)
    - easy in-song navigation (trackbar rather than fforw and rewind buttons)
    - decent equaliser
    - song recognition and artwork download

Obviously i'd prefer if it was free, but i woould pay for smething decent if i had to.

That,'s it I think, thanks in advance.

BTW: is there a separate thread for app reccomendations? I had a look and couldn't find one. It would good to see what apps others found useful/entertaining.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I use player pro, you can get a 5day trial and see what you think
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tbig.playerprotrial&feature=search_result

Its easily the best I've used, well worth the €3 it cost me, and I think I tried them all when I got the phone.

It should tick all the boxes you mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,929 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've tried a few different players - Poweramp is the best by some distance, huge amount of features, regular updates, supports non-native formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭frozenbanana

Grassey wrote: »
    I use player pro, you can get a 5day trial and see what you think
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tbig.playerprotrial&feature=search_result

Its easily the best I've used, well worth the €3 it cost me, and I think I tried them all when I got the phone.

It should tick all the boxes you mentioned!

tried it, quite like it, navigation is great, but doesn't seem to have cross-fade unless I'm missing in somewhere in settings? Had a good look thugh. It's a pity because other than that I really like it, navigation is great.
    loyatemu wrote: »
    I've tried a few different players - Poweramp is the best by some distance, huge amount of features, regular updates, supports non-native formats.

Yeah, this one ticks all the boxes, I particularly like the level of customisation and etensive equaliser. Only drawback is that navigation takes a while getting used to. Looks like a winner so far.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Poweramp for me. A lot of the ones I tried just look crap on a tablet but PA looks decent and is very usable.

Advertisement