Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Post rebel tour

• 22-08-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here took part in this last year and if so what did you think. Would you recommend it

http://www.corksports.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Yep, would recommend it.

Nice route (apart from coming in the Kinsale Cork road which I hate), great food at the stops, great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

hoping to make this one this year. my first time doing rebel tour...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pleader

Looking forward to this one too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Yep go for it, great day out, good course, hills but nothing savage, mighty buzz, quality food and good craic. Safer finish this year as well not going through the city.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Which one are yee doing - the 150?. I've been considering this one too, not many other people would consider this a great way to spend their birthday weekend :pac:

Anyone do the 150 last year? Is it a tough/hilly course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Will prob do it aswell. Looking at the 150k. They were all supposed to start at cit but the 150 looks like it will start on grand parade. Route seems ok too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hu Deman

only the 80km for me ,i am doing the Tour of waterford at the weekend, so the 80km will suit me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

Doing 150km as not doing 160km on SK (unless I change my mind several times more before the weekend), and would love to get my first century before the end of this season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Pencilling in the 150k which could be a mistake. But it's worth a try and the route looks as though it goes into some great scenery. That normally means wind and hills unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

ashleey wrote: »
    Pencilling in the 150k which could be a mistake. But it's worth a try and the route looks as though it goes into some great scenery. That normally means wind and hills unfortunately.

If it's hilly, I haven't heard! Think it's gonna be nice rolling and fast movin' - congrats on the 1001 ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

I thought all cycling was into a headwind and up a hill?

If it's as good as the Waterford 3cc it will be well worth it!

Just dropped my wheel in for repairs after mangling it yesterday. Might have to bite the bullet and upgrade. Should save my about 100g and 10 seconds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Looking forward to doing the 150k this year myself, good spin last year!

This is a very similar route to my usually spin and the bonus is the winds are prevailing westerlies which should be a nice second half push back to town :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Ive done alot of this route and its not too bad, plenty hills but nothing crazy, mostly just short snappy hills you can power your way up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭thehangtenguy

Nice scenic route, no real hills of any concern. did the 160 last year and i'm thinking i'll do it again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭raindodger

did many people do the 150 last year also has anyone the course mapped out for the hills?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

€40 is a bit excessive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

€40 is a bit excessive?

Nope. You get a jersey, a water bottle and a well marshalled course, not to mention a couple of great food stops.

Advertisement