Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB 'Click' vs 'Be' Credit Card

Options
  • 22-08-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

Was into my local AIB today to inquire about getting a credit card for the old internet shopping and whatnot.

After a good while with someone in there, I was finally drawn to the conclusion that there is very little difference between the 'Click' and the 'be' card; aside from the lower rate of interest for the first year (3.9%) on the 'be' card. This doesn't really concern me overly as I plan to always have the card clear using my online banking.

The person in the branch was really pushing the 'be' card, which kinda put me on the defense, so as opposed to making an application I just left with some information.

My primary use will be online shopping, and use whilst abroad as I travel a bit with work.

Just wondering if there is any major difference that people have come across between the two cards that might either be a deal breaker or a deal sealer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

The 'be' card has different rates of interest depending on the annual spend.

The 'click' card is an online card, managed in 24 hour banking.

The branch were probably pushing 'be' because 'click' is very much self service, and means the branch become redundant where 'click' is concerned.

They also get commission for every card they sell, perhaps the comm on a be is greater than a click.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

dublin daz wrote: »
    The 'be' card has different rates of interest depending on the annual spend.

The 'click' card is an online card, managed in 24 hour banking.

The branch were probably pushing 'be' because 'click' is very much self service, and means the branch become redundant where 'click' is concerned.

They also get commission for every card they sell, perhaps the comm on a be is greater than a click.

U can apply for click card online only;
    as far as I know,regardless of the situation, it is more likely to get be card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    as far as I know,regardless of the situation, it is more likely to get be card

How do you mean? If I apply for the click card online, they'd give me a 'be' card instead?

I honestly can't see any difference between the two aside from the interest rates and the look of the actual cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

How do you mean? If I apply for the click card online, they'd give me a 'be' card instead?

It may happen ;)

Normally If you apply online for click card (if u are aib cust it can be on your favor) you can't be sure you can be approved.
    If you apply for be card in the branch or over the phone it is more likely to be approved, than with click card.

As far as I know most of online application are declined
    But it doesn't mean you can't get it.

Obviously they prefer to sell card which can be handled in the branch

Advertisement