Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to the mater hospital from Hueston station

Options
  • 22-08-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi all

Im not sure if this is the right place for this topic

But i have an appointment in the mater hospital on wednesday and as i dont drive i will be relying on public transport.

If anyone could tell me how to get to the mater hospital from hueston station or if there transport going to the hospital from the station i would be greatful

Regards
    Sinead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Hop on a Luas to Abbey St (O'Connell Street), then you can walk (about 20-25 mins) or hop on a bus - 16A will go right past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep, get the Luas to O'Connell St (get off at the Abbey St stop) and then bus it. Walk north on O'Connell St towards Dr Quirkeys. That is where the bus stops are that serve the north side suburbs, Drumcondra/Glasnevin etc. Basically you want any bus that goes down Dorset St. Tons of them do....the 16, 11, 13, 4. The Dublin Bus office is right there too, so they can tell of of some other buses that go down Dorset St that I can't think of off the top of my head.

If you want to walk it, I'd put it more at a 15/20 minute walk than a 25 min one. If you don't want to mess with buses, jump in a taxi. There is a rank at the Abbey St Luas stop and it shouldn't cost you more than 6/7E to go to the Mater. There are also taxi's at the Mater for the trip back to town or the station. There is no direct public transport from the Mater to the station. If you want to get a taxi back to the station when you are done, you probably could for well under a tenner, unless it is rush hour. The Mater is very close to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

come out of heuston and go up towards the new big court house, the road to the left of the court house goes into the phoenix park and up conyngham road, the road to the right goes up a hill and around a corner onto infimary road, keep walking up this road as far as the bus stop, its a 46a, it will drop you right beside the mater hospital... this bus drives straight up the north circular road, on which the mater is located...

its on this map, when you come out of heuston turn left and cross the river...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=infimary+road+dublin&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2014l6742l0l7388l20l19l0l0l0l2l1108l11458l6-12.2l14l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=681&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Taxi, €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sparky89

finbarrk wrote: »
    Taxi, €10.

Is that from the train station (hueston)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

flas wrote: »
    its a 46a, it will drop you right beside the mater hospital... this bus drives straight up the north circular road, on which the mater is located...

its on this map, when you come out of heuston turn left and cross the river...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=infimary+road+dublin&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2014l6742l0l7388l20l19l0l0l0l2l1108l11458l6-12.2l14l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=681&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

And get off at Berkeley Road. Mater will be on your left.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sparky89

craoltoir wrote: »
    And get off at Berkeley Road. Mater will be on your left.

would it cost much for a taxi as i has a eldrey person with me and long walking distance wouldt be an option for her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

sparky89 wrote: »
    would it cost much for a taxi as i has a eldrey person with me and long walking distance wouldt be an option for her

Should be no more than 10-12 quid if he goes up infirmary road and onto the north circular that way..in fact it shoud be even cheaper as its not more than maybe a ten minute drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd get a taxi both ways then. Unless traffic is very bad, you should be able to do Heuston/Mater and Mater/Heuston for about a tenner each way. If there are 2 of you & you do bus/Luas, your LUAS fairs will be 2.90E each return, and your bus fares will be 1.65 each way. That is over 12 quid, and you'll still have a wee bit of walking to do on both ends. Taxis will be far more convenient, for not a whole lot more money.

Advertisement