Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philosophy/Russian in Trinity

• 22-08-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Okay, not exactly what I wanted to get offered but hey. So I was wondering what opportunities could open up for me (if any!) with a Philo degree; Russian's obvious. Is one degree just as good as another or what? i.e I heard that you can pursue a career in Law with a Philo degree. Is this true? Or would you need a Law degree also?

Sorry for the noobiness but I'm so freaking confused right now - I did well in my Leaving but ****ed up my CAO so now I'm just pissed off atm with myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 virtus1

You might find this site useful: http://www.careersportal.ie/courses/coursedetail.php?course_id=1054

It implies that you can branch into law, but I'm not sure what that would involve exactly. I know that in the States people with phil degrees generally do very well in the entrance exams for law school.

I accepted single honours philosophy in UCD and I hope to pursue some kind of research career.

Advertisement