Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web site exports

Options
  • 22-08-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

looking for some advice on exporting. I have a small web based business and I am begining to get a few orders from the USA (after much promotion!!). at the moment I am posting the items and filling out the customs form given by the post office. I put the value of the item on it and state that it is for personal use.

from reading the revenue website and the us customs I think my business will be exempt from any exporting taxes or duties as all items are for personal use and the value is normally less than €200. My normal retail business is vat registered and the web business is just an offshoot of this.

can anyone confirm that this is the correct approach? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

exporter11 wrote: »
    looking for some advice on exporting. I have a small web based business and I am begining to get a few orders from the USA (after much promotion!!). at the moment I am posting the items and filling out the customs form given by the post office. I put the value of the item on it and state that it is for personal use.

from reading the revenue website and the us customs I think my business will be exempt from any exporting taxes or duties as all items are for personal use and the value is normally less than €200. My normal retail business is vat registered and the web business is just an offshoot of this.

can anyone confirm that this is the correct approach? :confused:

Have you read this from Revenue? http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/export-procedures-guide.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7 exporter11

thanks - i had a read of that and was assuming that it applied to "larger" scale exports - would i really have to go through all those registration processes for maybe three orders a week? so max value €600. i would have thought that you would have to reach a certain level of exports before it being counted......more red tape for businesses!

Advertisement