Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commissioner for Oaths (or Solicitor) in Kilkenny?

Options
  • 22-08-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi

Was wondering if someone might be able to help me.

I need to get an Affidavit witnessed next week - it's the CA24 form applying for a grant of Probate.

It's a straightforward Probate case - my relative didn't own their own home, and so myself and the other joint executor are making a personal application - no need to hire a solicitor etc.

The CA24 used to be sent to Revenue for approval before being sent to the Probate office, but now it's sent directly to Probate. Before it's sent, we executors need to get our signatures witnessed etc.

I live in Wicklow, and the other executor is elderly. I'm hoping we can get the affidavit witnessed by a Commissioner for Oaths in Kilkenny city next week.

Can anyone recommend/advise a Commissioner for Oaths - or a firm of solicitors who would understand what I want (it is straightforward!) and who would be able to do it for reasonable cost. It should only take 5 mins or less!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I used a guy half way up Friary street about five years ago, Anthony Canny I believe. It cost about €20 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Thanks. I'll check that out.

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Paigne

There's one beside mugshot on James' St I think, and somewhere near the old town hall..... trying to remember where, a friend went there and it was €10

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Thanks too. I actually phoned Canny's today - was impressed with them. The receptionist took my details and said she'd speak to a solicitor regarding one point which I thought might be possibly a problem. She phoned back a couple of hours later - apologising for the delay in getting back to me - with the answer to my query.

Appointment has been made for next week - it's €10 per signature, so it should cost us €20. I realise that's the standard charge listed by the courts service or whatever, but I wouldn't be surprised if some places added extra charges on.

I have had experience with 3 different solicitors in the past - all of them seemed impossible to get hold off, by phone, and the two we engaged (for house purchase, wills etc) made quite a few errors.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quxuik

Try Bolands Solicitors in Patrick Court. As far as I know there are two solicitors there who could sign it for you. I paid 10e per signature.
    Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement