Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

283104.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

283084.jpg

283290.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

• Advertisement

283432.gif

I'm probably the odd one out, but I do think this is 'BAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW-worthy'.

Strange-love.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

ocDvu1Q.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The slumber party cats sleep

283854.jpg

• Advertisement

True love

283849.jpg

283877.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

^^ 17 minute video and there's no actual moment of release just some text followed supposedly by a clip of a mother with two fawns months down the line.

I'm no deerologist but I'm thinking if a fawn is abandoned by its mother and said fawn spends an undisclosed amount of time with a human, the mother isn't going to take back the fawn which looked still very dependent on milk, so if he released the fawn I'm thinking it died of starvation.

I agree, if it didn't die of starvation it probably ended up as dinner for a bear or a wolf. :( Even touching the fawn with bare hands would've made its mother abandon it - it's often enough for them to smell a human on their babies for them to do so. And the way the poor fawn was running after that man, it's pretty obvious it considered it its parent... :(

In the Alps, for instance, when they're cutting the hay and they have to move a fawn from the grass, they use handfuls of grass as a buffer to pick up the fawn and move it, they wouldn't touch it directly.

Hopefully that chap kept an eye on the fawn, so that if the doe didn't take it back, he took it back in...

283978.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Charlie said to Ruby today "Hi Ruby, I love you". Of course Ruby ignored him :pac:

I can't see any picture so I have to ask - is Charlie a young child or a talking bird? And what species is Ruby? 'cause if she's a goldfish I'm not surprised...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

New Home wrote: »
    I can't see any picture so I have to ask - is Charlie a young child or a talking bird? And what species is Ruby? 'cause if she's a goldfish I'm not surprised...
    I posted a picture of Ruby my African Grey parrot awhile ago. Charlie is my male parrot who is trying to get her to like him. He wasn't a great talker when he first came to me but his language has picked up immemsely. He's starting to speak in context and not just repeating things. He starting saying "good boy Ruby" because I say "good boy Charlie" to him and he was smart enough to think telling Ruby she's a good boy would be a good thing to say. My heart melted today when he told her he loves her :)

• Advertisement

Ah, ok, sorry, I lost track of the names. :)

Poor little Charlie, Ruby is playing hard to get... Unrequited love is a bitch, whatever species you happen to be.

Happiness is...

284104.jpg

284716.jpg

284845.jpg

285021.jpg

tumblr_nuhxssz0Rg1u08qwio1_1280.jpg

When he calms down and starts chuckling. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

• Advertisement

Advertisement