Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Section 1 was okay but I manger to run out of time and had to guess 5 questions. What answer did people get on the card shifting question?
    Section 2 was quite ambiguous I found. I cannot say easy nor hard. It definitely wasn't a stroll in the park.
    Section 3 was surprisingly pleasant. Had to guess a few but overall not bad.

IDK what to say. Sitting the HPAT first time, but I believe stress got a grip on me in the end. Wasn't up at full concentration.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Oween

Section 1 - Alright I suppose, didn't get that game question on the numbers and letters, with directions like move forward and backwards.
    Section 2 - ****ed up so bad on what is usually my best section, couldn't concentrate at all for some reason, found it difficult...
    Section 3 - Dream, by far the easiest section 3 I've seen, but by the looks of it most people have found it that way here, say I got 2 or 3 wrong max...

All in all, completely ****ed up section 2, probably not gonna make the 80th percentile because of that, but I'll hope for the best and with a bit of luck I might...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 nomnomnomnom

i cant even remember what i thought of section 1 ? I had to guess maybe 4 because i ran out of time ! Everyone keeps talking about the last question about lights, but i cant remember what that one was, Anybody care to remind me :) ?
    I loved the questions about smokers the one about those flies in the verticle or horrizontal cages, and basically the first 10 questions. Had zerooooooo clue about the buttons game with STUV. i usually get 22, but i'd say i went up a few hopefully :confused:

section 2 is usually my best, and i thought it was ok, probably my best today. I found the questions about the gay couple to be hard to narrow down. I usually get like 27 . . .

section 3 was unusual. some questions were so easy, got them straight away and others i just could not under stand ! I had to guess maybe 5 or 6, but most were educated guesses in the sense that the odd one out is usually the one in the middle:cool: i'd be delighted if i got anything over 17 !!!!

Im wondering if any repeats who done the med***** course last year noticed that they went up in results from their med***** mock ? let me know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

Feeling a little more confident after reading a few of these posts :) I Found section 1 and three graaaand but strangely I thought section two was more difficult?? Chuffed to be finished with the HPAT though...anyone up for a bonfire of HPAT papers later tonight? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 leaving cert finished 2k11

i cant even remember what i thought of section 1 ? I had to guess maybe 4 because i ran out of time ! Everyone keeps talking about the last question about lights, but i cant remember what that one was, Anybody care to remind me :) ?
    I loved the questions about smokers the one about those flies in the verticle or horrizontal cages, and basically the first 10 questions. Had zerooooooo clue about the buttons game with STUV. i usually get 22, but i'd say i went up a few hopefully :confused:

section 2 is usually my best, and i thought it was ok, probably my best today. I found the questions about the gay couple to be hard to narrow down. I usually get like 27 . . .

section 3 was unusual. some questions were so easy, got them straight away and others i just could not under stand ! I had to guess maybe 5 or 6, but most were educated guesses in the sense that the odd one out is usually the one in the middle:cool: i'd be delighted if i got anything over 17 !!!!

Im wondering if any repeats who done the med***** course last year noticed that they went up in results from their med***** mock ? let me know :D
    What answer you get for the card shuffle do you remember ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 cathal94

what a day. I kept looking around for someone who looked as stressed as I was!

section one: I thought it actually went okay considering I thought this was the section I was going to lose all my marks in (how wrong I was). I thought it was a lot easier than the sample papers. The game/puzzle type question with the buttons was actually great, unlike the really complicated ones that I had seen in the sample papers with 4 sided dice and such. saying that I did have to guess the last 5 questions, so very disappointed on that front.

section two: this section has always been my favourite. granted today was much harder than the sample papers but I still found it manageable. although the question about the gay couple was quite hard to understand at times, definitely the most difficult question in the section.

section three: I did sooo much practice for this section. might as well not have bothered. had to make an educated guess for about 10 of these questions. but the ones I did get, I'm pretty sure I got right. everyone seems to think this section was 'simple' so not very confident I did well in this section.

I'm not very hopeful though. the 80 percentile just doesn't seem feasible for me. maybe I should have done one of those grind/prep courses. ah well too late now. now just the glorious two month wait full of study and stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

reznov wrote: »
    Section 1 was okay but I manger to run out of time and had to guess 5 questions. What answer did people get on the card shifting question?
    Section 2 was quite ambiguous I found. I cannot say easy nor hard. It definitely wasn't a stroll in the park.
    Section 3 was surprisingly pleasant. Had to guess a few but overall not bad.

IDK what to say. Sitting the HPAT first time, but I believe stress got a grip on me in the end. Wasn't up at full concentration.

i said 9 for card, second time doing hpat 179 first but think i did really bad in section 3 this time i suck at them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 nomnomnomnom

What answer you get for the card shuffle do you remember ?

I can't quite remember, but i definently had it narrowed to 7 and 9 ? I think i chose 9

kinda regret doing it in trinity hearing about what daddy does when i was waiting made me cranky.
    and everyone saying they got 200+ in prep tests funny seeing as 4/5 people will fail.
    though a guy saying he was going to kill at it at least meant i was hopeful something interesting might happen.
    sec1&2 fine 3 :( just want to get better than last year 5 points over 80th percentile would be good
    curious if i'll do worse though

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I put down 7 for the card shuffle. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That card shuffle one was 9 of hearts yeah?

I thought that one was easy so i'm getting worried now :o

Ahh I dunno now, I spent about 5 seconds on that question, cock.

the card question will have a low weight as it was easy so don't stress.
    i'm stressed whether or not i even want medicine so hard to decide on the rest of my life

I thought that one was easy so i'm getting worried now :o

can someone remind me what the question was briefly? totally forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

For the card one I put down 9 too!

It was like question 3 i'd say most people got it right, like jenny said, it should be low weighted.

It was which card was in position 6 three shuffles ago or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

cathal94 wrote: »
    what a day. I kept looking around for someone who looked as stressed as I was!

I crossed my arms, put my head down, closed my eyes, and meditated, it was actually really enjoyable!

There was a guy outside my exam center who got a nose bleed (possibly anxiety or stress) so no-matter how stressed you were know there was one worse :D

cathal94 wrote: »
    can someone remind me what the question was briefly? totally forget.

it was just you have 10 card they shuffle like this after 3 shuffles what card will be in the 6th place. may not have been on your paper some have different Qs to stop cheating

F9Devil wrote: »
    There was a guy outside my exam center who got a nose bleed (possibly anxiety or stress)

Nah he just looked like potential competition :cool: I sorted it

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derick990

Yeah that's what I put down anyway.
    jenny18 wrote: »
    kinda regret doing it in trinity hearing about what daddy does when i was waiting made me cranky.
    Was it really like that? I thought that was just a stereotype. I could see how would drive you crazy.

Sorry to go off topic here, anyone have any idea how many people apply for medicine or the HPAT each year?

• Advertisement

it was just you have 10 card they shuffle like this after 3 shuffles what card will be in the 6th place. may not have been on your paper some have different Qs to stop cheating

oh yeah thanks! I think I put down the 9 of hearts for that one too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

there's no point worrying over a simple question :P Try one of the harder ( for some ) questions like the grid of Blood pressure, Smoking/non-smoking, male/female, cholesterol

Think it's about 4000

Derick990 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I put down anyway.

Was it really like that? I thought that was just a stereotype. I could see how would drive you crazy.

Sorry to go off topic here, anyone have any idea how many people apply for medicine or the HPAT each year?

last year about 3500 for medicine and hpat
    not all of them just the 4 i ended up sitting with before it but no other free seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

definitely misread this question! i got 7 somehow but i dont remember reading the 3 shuffles bit!! :( i cant remember but i think i just done what would be in position six after 1 shuffle! :/

there's no point worrying over a simple question :P Try one of the harder ( for some ) questions like the grid of Blood pressure, Smoking/non-smoking, male/female, cholesterol

I actually found this easy! Probably because at that stage I was in a good mindset! But ya i thought it was fine if you were able to read the grids!

What?!?!?

That question was lovely! I spent a little longer than I should have on it perhaps, but you could be sure of yourself.

definitely misread this question! i got 7 somehow but i dont remember reading the 3 shuffles bit!! :( i cant remember but i think i just done what would be in position six after 1 shuffle! :/

don't stress will be very low weight plus still graduate entry repeat hpat etc if it goes bad always another way

don't stress will be very low weight plus still graduate entry repeat hpat etc if it goes bad always another way

Ya that's true... really there's no way of knowing what questions are worth what and how well i'll do! but for some reason i'm always like this after an exam... anyways after a long, stressful week of mocks, going out to celebrate finishing them on thursday, then dealing with a hangover yesterday and having the HPAT today...i just had the besssstt 4 hour nap :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Derick990

last year about 3500 for medicine and hpat
    not all of them just the 4 i ended up sitting with before it but no other free seats.
    Hey thanks, that's a lot less than I thought, I thought about 5000. Also that sounds fun :D

Advertisement