Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

NUIG - 737

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

NUIG is 737!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

thanks. as expected not much room for maneuver! agonising but to be expected..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 marienhof

I cried wen i saw dat im sooooo happy words cant even describe!!! cant wait to wake my mam up and tell her!!!! God is so good :)

745 ucd

746 tcd

barely any gap between colleges now.. kinda surprised by that

• Advertisement

So the first round points compared to final rounds last year:

UCD: 735 2011, 745 2012 - 10 point rise
    NUIG: 728* 2011, 737 2012 - 9 point rise
    RCSI: 732 2011, 741 2012 - 9 point rise
    TCD: 739 2011, 746* 2012 - 7 point rise
    UCC: 733* 2011, 738* 2012 - 5 point rise

As in other years there will probably be some minor changes in the second round. The bonus maths points has had its effect, but aside from those it looks like it might only be a 2ish point rise more, so its starting to level off.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

So the first round points compared to last year:

UCC: 733* 2011, 745* 2012 - 12 point rise
    NUIG: 728* 2011, 737 2012 - 9 point rise
    RCSI: 732 2011, 741 2012 - 9 point rise
    TCD: 739 2011, 746* 2012 - 7 point rise
    UCD: 735 2011, 738 2012 - 3 point rise

As in other years there will probably be some minor changes in the second round. The bonus maths points has had its effect, but aside from those it looks like it might only be a 2ish point rise more, so its starting to level off.

I think you mixed up UCC and UCD!

You have the ucd figure down wrong there queen! should be 745 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

So who's coming Trinity with me then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

Got NUIG! :D

• Advertisement

I think you mixed up UCC and UCD!
    hollingr wrote: »
    You have the ucd figure down wrong there queen! should be 745 2012

Woops :o Have I mentioned I'm up since 6am?! Brain...can't...function :P

hollingr, have you applied to the colleges outside Dublin? Are you far below RCSI if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 seasonoflove

Looks like it's NUIG for me!

Got TCD. 3rd time repeating the HPAT couldn't be happier!!

737.. pretty unrealistic to get a 4 point drop on 2nd round. I have a mature student place in RCSI already, it's just about cost since I am paying full fees :p

Didn't apply outside of Dublin for various reasons.. I can't really complain since I have a spot, it's just saving 25 grand would have been a nice load off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 seasonoflove

I'm on 740. What are the chances that RCSI will go down that one point? Any predictions for second round?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

It's the appeals process for me so. Definitely not repeating again. Just got to live in hope at this stage! Congrats to all who got Medicine. I hope it's everything we hoped for and more.

you have every chance with 740.. unfortunately another week or so of nerves though! seee queenofleons post above about how points have changed over 1st-2nd round last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Coffee1234

Any predictions for how much tcd and ucd might drop for 2nd round..I'm on 744, can't believe I missed out by one point

Coffee1234 wrote: »
    Any predictions for how much tcd and ucd might drop for 2nd round..I'm on 744, can't believe I missed out by one point

Did you apply to RCSI?

My very very tentative predictions would be that Trinity will drop the random selection and at the most go down to 745 in the second round. If they do drop, then people who may have been offered UCD might accept the TCD offer, leaving UCD spaces open.

This knock on effect may take a few rounds to go through fully though.

you are agonisingly close.. so hard to say what will happen from here.. history would dictate 1 point changes with random selection thrown in.. keep up hope you might need luck.. hope you can steady the nerves til 2nd round offers come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 tgmo

guys i got 746 and if ucd is 745 with an asterix should i be okay yeah? the random selection will only be for people with 745?

tgmo wrote: »
    guys i got 746 and if ucd is 745 with an asterix should i be okay yeah? the random selection will only be for people with 745?

the asterix means people with 745 are on random selection, so not everyone on 745 will get a spot. everyone on 746 and up are guaranteed a spot though so you're in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tgmo

the asterix means people with 745 are on random selection, so not everyone on 745 will get a spot. everyone on 746 and up are guaranteed a spot though so you're in!

Incredible, thanks so much, been waiting for this day too long at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 karkarpops

Got my dream course, TCD Med :)

Who shall I be seeing in Sept? =D

congrats karka! it's a great college. I lived in front square for a year when studying there, my advice is get involved in societies that get rooms on campus, it's the best fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

Have ppl been offered offers already??????

sparagon wrote: »
    Have ppl been offered offers already??????

Not until 6 am

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pros_medhead

Any predictions for how much tcd and ucd might drop for 2nd round..I'm on 744, can't believe I missed out by one

Guys.. how do people know the points .... I'm on 749 hoping for ucd but everytime i log onto my cap it says there are 'no offers for you at this time '... starting to get reallly worried ... someone please explain it to me :(

• Advertisement

Any predictions for how much tcd and ucd might drop for 2nd round..I'm on 744, can't believe I missed out by one

Guys.. how do people know the points .... I'm on 749 hoping for ucd but everytime i log onto my cap it says there are 'no offers for you at this time '... starting to get reallly worried ... someone please explain it to me :(

On the thread stickied at the top of the Leaving Cert forum someone got an early copy of tomorrow's Irish Times, scanned the pages and uploaded them.

So
    UCG: 737
    UCC: 738*
    RCSI: 741
    UCD: 745*
    TCD: 746*

Advertisement