Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pros_medhead

Taco Chips wrote: »
    hollingr wrote: »
    Coffee1234 wrote: »
    Any predictions for how much tcd and ucd might drop for 2nd round..I'm on 744, can't believe I missed out by one

Guys.. how do people know the points .... I'm on 749 hoping for ucd but everytime i log onto my cap it says there are 'no offers for you at this time '... starting to get reallly worried ... someone please explain it to me :(

On the thread stickied at the top of the Leaving Cert forum someone got an early copy of tomorrow's Irish Times, scanned the pages and uploaded them.

So
    UCG: 737
    UCC: 738*
    RCSI: 741
    UCD: 745*
    TCD: 746*

Thank you so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Paralysis

CAO is down grrrrrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

Is it usual that they raffel first round? I got 745 and didn't get UCD? Does that mean theres not gonna be a second round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

NUIG Med class of 2017 here we come!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ashh

Is there the remotest of remote chances getting UCD second round with 743? A gal's desperate here...:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 marienhof

NUIG Med class of 2017 here we come!
    will i make a facebook page for all us NUIG medheads ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

just accepted my trinity offer, does anyone know how i can book accommodation now? :D

i've tried loging in with my CAO details here but it just says they were unable to identify me as a registered student, staff or cao applicant.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Saracarroll

marienhof wrote: »

what were ur points? i still can't get on

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mad Shark

Thank god got RCSI.... glad to be staying in Dublin - I would not have minded going to Galway if it came to it but it does save on the ould finances... Congrats to all those who got a place....

what were ur points? i still can't get on
    I had 738 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Saracarroll

I had 738 :)

cool i got 741, so fingers crossed!!!!

cool i got 741, so fingers crossed!!!!
    Ur grand the cut off was 737 :) so just keep refreshing cao :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derick990

Go for it. I can guarantee you one member anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

just accepted my trinity offer, does anyone know how i can book accommodation now? :D

i've tried loging in with my CAO details here but it just says they were unable to identify me as a registered student, staff or cao applicant.
    It opens at 3pm
    http://www.wardentrinityhall.tcdlife.ie/rooms/

Heres the link for NUIG medicine group :Dhttps://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/343856339032104/

Yeah, I think we have to wait for our student numbers if i'm not mistaken, but it's fine, it's not first come first serve

Paralysis wrote: »
    Yeah, I think we have to wait for our student numbers if i'm not mistaken, but it's fine, it's not first come first serve

Your Trinity student number is your CAO number. Halls applications open at 3pm.

blubloblu wrote: »
    Your Trinity student number is your CAO number. Halls applications open at 3pm.

Anyone know when Trinity freshers starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

Anyone know when Trinity freshers starts?

September *17th afaik, I'll see you there :D

Nazata wrote: »
    September 14th afaik, I'll see you there :D

WOW so early... See you there!!! :D (That's so cool to say haha)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

UCC!! Finally :D This is one of those rare occasions when, eventually, things actually go to plan!! AHHH :D

And to anyone who is disappointed, it really sucks! I didn't get med last year and it's really disheartening for a while, but if you want it, this just puts you on a bit of a detour. And in the grand scheme of things, that's not a big deal! Stick at it, and take this internet wisdom...

Everything will be okay in the end.
    If it's not okay, it's not the end!

You'll get there! :)

Anyone else not fully vaccinated? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SpirantSpem

Anyone else not fully vaccinated? :S

It's ok colleges provide you with the necessary vaccinations before, or in some cases during, your first year. All for a nice fee of course... That said, you can usually get them done through your own GP and provide proof of vaccinations to the college.

It's ok colleges provide you with the necessary vaccinations before, or in some cases during, your first year. All for a nice fee of course... That said, you can usually get them done through your own GP and provide proof of vaccinations to the college.

Awesome, i was worried as I wasn't sure if I needed them all completed before registration, and Hep B (which I haven't got!) needs a course of 3 injections and a blood test, which I won't be able to complete before the 14th of September!

Make sure you get the blood test done (and documented) after finishing the Hep B vaccinations. If you wait too long you can get a false negative and have to start them again.

Awesome, i was worried as I wasn't sure if I needed them all completed before registration, and Hep B (which I haven't got!) needs a course of 3 injections and a blood test, which I won't be able to complete before the 14th of September!

In regards to Hep B the college usually organizes for the class to be vaccinated over the course of the 6 months. Most people won't have Hep B immunity unless they've been to Africa.

In regards to Hep B the college usually organizes for the class to be vaccinated over the course of the 6 months. Most people won't have Hep B immunity unless they've been to Africa.
    They don't, however, organise the titre to check if you're immune afterwards. It was too late by the time I realised, and now I have to start the injections again. Make sure you book your blood test and ask for a hard copy of the results!

Edit: To be clear, they do the vaccinations (for a fee). It's your own responsibility to make sure you get the blood test.

blubloblu wrote: »
    They don't, however, organise the titre to check if you're immune afterwards. It was too late by the time I realised, and now I have to start the injections again. Make sure you book your blood test and ask for a hard copy of the results!

My mistake, they definitely do for some colleges once you go through the college health centre. I can say for definite they did in TCD last year as my brother went through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Coffee1234

On average how many people get lucky with the random selection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

Coffee1234 wrote: »
    On average how many people get lucky with the random selection?

It's random

Advertisement