Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband price enquiry for elderly

Options
  • 22-08-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

My mother's benefitting from the reduced rates the elderly get from Eircom, and naturally she's delighted with that. I bought her a tablet computer today so she can skype her grandkids in the UK, but she'll need broadband. Before I go buying her some sort of pay as you go MiFi device, if she wanted to add the most basic broadband package to her reduced rate landline, what would it cost her?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Owen wrote: »
    My mother's benefitting from the reduced rates the elderly get from Eircom, and naturally she's delighted with that. I bought her a tablet computer today so she can skype her grandkids in the UK, but she'll need broadband. Before I go buying her some sort of pay as you go MiFi device, if she wanted to add the most basic broadband package to her reduced rate landline, what would it cost her?
    Hi Owen
    the most basic broadband package would cost APPROX €25 per month. You can see all prices of just Broadband here.
    Hope this answers your query.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Not really - you've just linked me to normal pricing. What I'm asking is could you give me any indication as to whether or not the elderly are entitled to reduced price broadband like they are with line rental? And if so, how much in total per month includinig any other charges on the account/line rental, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

The "telephone allowance" is for landline or mobile only. Have a look here:
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/HouseholdBenefits/Pages/hb.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Not really - you've just linked me to normal pricing. What I'm asking is could you give me any indication as to whether or not the elderly are entitled to reduced price broadband like they are with line rental? And if so, how much in total per month includinig any other charges on the account/line rental, etc?

After the reduction, she'll be paying about €35 per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Owen,

The social welfare line rental allowance is €25.36 Inc Vat per month. So if you deduct that from the total of any budle price (that icludes Vat) the remainder is what the price would be per month.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement