Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stallions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Libertyed

:D
    UrbanSea wrote: »
    Can anyone seriously compete with Coolmore? Who are yer favourite stallions?

Galileo has owned the big races world wide this year. Europe,S.Africa and a dual grade 1 success last week in the States,who can even get near half of Coolmore's stallions.

I'd rate them
    1.Galileo
    2.Montjeu
    3.Danehill Dancer

Holy Roman Emperor has really impressed me and you can bet his stud fee will be more than 10 grand next year. Even Strategic Prince is a first year sire who banged out a group 1 winner at a fee of 5,000.

Teofilo has really caught my eye aswell this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Tbh I wouldn't know near enough to answer but was it not strange that they didn't look more to Giants Causeway?

While I don't follow US racing (so they might have some with US trainers) I haven't seen many, if any, Coolmore horses by Tapit
    It is a bit strange that they didn't use Giant's Causeway too much but they'd had limited success with the Storm Cat line considering the amount that they had invested in it. They had Giants Causeway standing in Ireland for his first year and then he went off to become a great success in the states.

Imagine what they could have done at Coolmore with Giants Causeway's son Shamardal. Off the top of my head I can only remember Footsteps In The Sand being out of the top drawer out of any Giants Causeways that were trained in Ballydoyle. I can remember Await The Dawn who threatened to be top class but who then just seemed to vanish into thin air.

Anyway at that time they were weighed down with the produce of Sadlers Wells and Danehill, they had no need to be using Giants Causeway. + They have plenty of Giants Causeway's genes in the likes of his blue hen sister You're So Thrilling who has produced the stallion Gleneagles ( almost certain to make it as a stallion ) and her other G1 winning fillies who will make top class broodmare prospects.

I like the toughness of the Tapits, but I don't think he would be in the same league as War Front is and Scat Daddy was in producing precious sprinter-miler stallion prospects. Also you won't see too many white greys at Coolmore.

I've read somewhere that Coolmore have never been fans of Tapit stock because of particular concerns about his Lasix use, given it's a weakness that can be passed on genetically.
    Coolmore haven't bought any War Fronts for two or three years now, they are breeding their own, they own about 35% of him and have about 40 nominations per year.
    Scat Daddy was of course one of their own, as are Uncle Mo and American Pharoah (also Declaration of War and Air Force Blue), and they are supporting them very strongly, including with lots of European mares.
    It hasn't been confirmed yet, but it looks like they have bought the breeding rights to Justify.
    So it looks like that going forward, they will do what they do in Europe, and primarily buy the best of the progeny of their own stallions.

That's interesting about Tapit, I could envision a teak tough Tapit winning lots of top European races over a career lasting 3 years or more but I can't for the life of me think of a single Tapit of any note that has been trained in Europe, so it's not just a Coolmore bias against him.

Justify would be a great son of Scat Daddy replacing the great Scat Daddy but I don't think he's anyway certain to get precious types. Caravaggio is more likely to be filling up the stables at Ballydoyle than Justify would be. Maybe in Ballydoyle they should be trying 3-4 each year out of the likes of Tapit and Justify etc. I think they have an American Pharaoh in Ballydoyle or maybe it's a sibling I'm thinking of.

What do you think of No Nay Never? His stock are beautiful movers, I've high hopes for him moving up the food chain in Coolmore.

I find this a rather strange pairing and wonder what kind of trip Coolmore expect Thursday's Leopardstown maiden entry Secret Thoughts DI 1.14 ( War Front X Chiquita DI 0.62 ) will excel at.

They paid an eye watering €6m for Irish Oaks winner Chiquita by stamina influence Montjeu and they paid €1.4m for her Galileo half-sister Magic Wand who won the Cheshire Oaks for them. Why not just send Chiquita to Galileo who's already clicked with the family? + Galileo tends to be an influence for mental stability which is a bit of balancing up that anything out of the very odd Chicuita could do with. Imagine sending her to Frankel who produces some highly strung types himself, which they could do because they have access to him.

They must be really keen to get the War Front line going on this side of the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Inion An Ri

Chicquita is back in Ireland and would have gone to a Fethard based stallion this year, though unlikely to be Galileo, the resulting foal would be inbred 2x3 to Sadler's Wells.
    Ballydoyle have a 3yo full brother to American Pharoah, called St Patrick's Day, he hasn't made his debut for them as yet, but will be out very soon.
    Coolmore have a half brother to Caravaggio out of American Pharoah who will surely find his way to Ballydoyle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Coolmore have a half brother to Caravaggio out of American Pharoah who will surely find his way to Ballydoyle.
    The story goes that Magnier is very eager to have a top class horse carrying his colours with the name St Patrick's Day. Hopefully this incarnation of the name is better than the last St Patrick's Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I'm wondering is it just me, but as I've never named a horse I have a little Microsoft file with my possible names just in case.

If John Magnier is reading this thread he can have this one as I might not use it.
    kalsarikänni - Finnish pastime - getting drunk in your underwear at home.

Australia gets off the mark with the impressive Godolphin owned and heavily eased down 4L Kempton winner Beyond Reason taking a 6f maiden. She had started fav at Newmarket on her first outing but ran into one too good that day. A 370,000 guineas purchase, she might well be Royal Ascot material.

Of course Australia had all ready got off the mark in Russia with the well bred Australian Prince.

Chicquita is back in Ireland and would have gone to a Fethard based stallion this year, though unlikely to be Galileo, the resulting foal would be inbred 2x3 to Sadler's Wells.
    Ballydoyle have a 3yo full brother to American Pharoah, called St Patrick's Day, he hasn't made his debut for them as yet, but will be out very soon.

Yep, I must admit that while I didn't forget the Sadlers Wells inbreeding I didn't cop that it would be that close and while that might be fine for producing stock for racing, for Coolmore itself they'd very likely be reluctant to be producing breeding stock that inbred.

Interestingly, the advertising blurb for their sire Magician was promoting him as a good inbreeding choice for the existing US Sadlers Wells stallion lines.
    Galileo’s sons have top winners inbred 2x3 and 3x3 to SADLER’S WELLS, Magician is an option for MEDAGLIA D’ORO and KITTEN’S JOY mares who create 3x4 to SADLER’S WELLS. Galileo has Group winners from daughters and grand-daughters of NUREYEV

https://coolmore.com/farms/ireland/stallions/magician/pedigreeNotes

452998.jpg

You might read about me going on about pedigrees and inbreeding in pedigrees.
    This is the six generation pedigree of Justify.

Full-sibling sisters Yarn and Preach are in the 4th generation (both by Mr Prospector out of Narrate.
    The arrows point to the horses they produced, a female, Myth, from Yarn, and a male, Pulpit, from Preach.
    In addition, the sire (Honest Pleasure) of the mare , Narrate, has a full-sibling brother, For The Moment, lower down in the pedigree.

Another interesting feature is that the mare State, dam of Narrate, is by English Triple Crown winner Nijinsky, who you can see twice in the above pedigree chart
    i.e. he is also twice in the 7th generation (off screen), making four occurrences of Nijinsky (twice above 4x5, and also 7x7).

Yarn was dam of Minardi (Middle Park Stakes (Group 1), Phoenix Stakes (Group 1) and Tale of the Cat (Kings Bishop Stakes, Grade 1).
    Preach was dam of top sire, Pulpit, who was sire of another top sire, Tapit.

People might say Scat Daddy is the reason for Justify's ability.
    If that was so all horses who have Scat Daddy as their sire would have the same ability.
    Stage Magic, dam of Justify, did not win a Graded stakes race.

I think it is Justify's 4x4 full-siblings that are important.
    Of course when Justify goes to stud his offspring will not have this 4 x 4 duplication in both sides of their pedigrees.

(There is a colt Speak (1988) who is a full-sibling of Yarn and Preach.
    He has no offspring in my database, but on pedigreequery.com he has a few dozen (Speakster, a gelding, the best, but he has no offspring).
    )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

diomed wrote: »
    452998.jpg

You might read about me going on about pedigrees and inbreeding in pedigrees.
    This is the six generation pedigree of Justify.

Full-sibling sisters Yarn and Preach are in the 4th generation (both by Mr Prospector out of Narrate.
    The arrows point to the horses they produced, a female, Myth, from Yarn, and a male, Pulpit, from Preach.
    In addition, the sire (Honest Pleasure) of the mare , Narrate, has a full-sibling brother, For The Moment, lower down in the pedigree.

Another interesting feature is that the mare State, dam of Narrate, is by English Triple Crown winner Nijinsky, who you can see twice in the above pedigree chart
    i.e. he is also twice in the 7th generation (off screen), making four occurrences of Nijinsky (twice above 4x5, and also 7x7).

Yarn was dam of Minardi (Middle Park Stakes (Group 1), Phoenix Stakes (Group 1) and Tale of the Cat (Kings Bishop Stakes, Grade 1).
    Preach was dam of top sire, Pulpit, who was sire of another top sire, Tapit.

People might say Scat Daddy is the reason for Justify's ability.
    If that was so all horses who have Scat Daddy as their sire would have the same ability.
    Stage Magic, dam of Justify, did not win a Graded stakes race.

I think it is Justify's 4x4 full-siblings that are important.
    Of course when Justify goes to stud his offspring will not have this 4 x 4 duplication in both sides of their pedigrees.

(There is a colt Speak (1988) who is a full-sibling of Yarn and Preach.
    He has no offspring in my database, but on pedigreequery.com he has a few dozen (Speakster, a gelding, the best, but he has no offspring).
    )

That's very interesting. What do you make of the fact that Scat Daddys dam seems to tie up all the lines very neatly?

Panrich wrote: »
    That's very interesting. What do you make of the fact that Scat Daddys dam seems to tie up all the lines very neatly?
    Johanneesburg's dam.

Johanneesburg's dam.

Scat Daddys dam Love Style is by Mr Prospector (also the sire of both Yarn and Preach) out of a Nijinsky mare who is also the sire of State. So this ties the lines up once again in an independent mating

I can read the pedigree.
    The major point is the 4x4 full siblings producing a son and daughter.
    Those two siblings have produced good sires: Minardi; Tale of the Cat; Pulpit.

And the dam of those full siblings, Narrate, has a sire who is a full-sibling to another sire in the pedigree, and her dam is a daughter of Nijinsky.

What you are pointing out is the minor part of the inbreeding strength.

I can read the pedigree.
    The major point is the 4x4 full siblings producing a son and daughter.
    Those two siblings have produced good sires: Minardi; Tale of the Cat; Pulpit.

And the dam of those full siblings, Narrate, has a sire who is a full-sibling to another sire in the pedigree, and her dam is a daughter of Nijinsky.

What you are pointing out is the minor part of the inbreeding strength.

So the short answer to my question then is not much.

I thought it was interesting as without Love Style, you are back to 5 generations for Mr Prospector or Nijinsky instead of 3 and 4 and the fact that the matings are so similar is striking to me.

By the way, I quite obviously did not question your ability to read the pedigree. I was pointing out that I was not referring to Myth.

It looks like Australia and Kingman may well be renewing rivalry in the Guineas next year, as Sires.

It's early days but each of their individual winners so far have shown some serious speed, surprisingly so in Australia's case considering that he's a Derby winner out of an Oaks winner. Kingman's winner running in a style that hints that Kingman will stamp his stock in his own image.

Hopefully these two will make their mark on the top 2yo races held later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Is sea the moon the first stallion by sea the stars to have runners? Had a fav at limerick run a decent race over 7f on fast ground. Would expect his progeny to progress over further with a bit of cut in the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Galileo has just put Coolmore's Annie Power in foal.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Is sea the moon the first stallion by sea the stars to have runners? Had a fav at limerick run a decent race over 7f on fast ground. Would expect his progeny to progress over further with a bit of cut in the ground.

Yeah he's the first.

A second UK winner out of 3 runners for Australia when Aussie View won a 7f Doncaster maiden today on her 3rd start.

• Advertisement

I think he is great potential as a sire. I'd much rather send a mare to him than to Frankel. His runners appear to be very green, o brien had one fall out of the stalls last week and give them all a few lengths at the start. Australia did the exact same in his first start iirc.

I think someone mentioned coolmore using mastercraftsman a few pages back, I see they had a well backed filly by him beaten in France earlier . Wind chimes who finished 3rd I'm the French guineas

Mgoraf wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned coolmore using mastercraftsman a few pages back, I see they had a well backed filly by him beaten in France earlier . Wind chimes who finished 3rd I'm the French guineas

Fabre is in very poor form, Ryan Moore had her way out the back and as the commentators said she'd have to have had wings to make up the distance she tried to make up in the end. She's a strange filly, very very highly thought of ( supposed to have been the stables best horse at home ) and always seems to get going late on the track, 3rd again today. The commentators reckon she needs a longer trip at this stage.

tryfix wrote: »
    Fabre is in very poor form, Ryan Moore had her way out the back and as the commentators said she'd have to have had wings to make up the distance she tried to make up in the end. She's a strange filly, very very highly thought of ( supposed to have been the stables best horse at home ) and always seems to get going late on the track, 3rd again today. The commentators reckon she needs a longer trip at this stage.

I think Fabre thinks she's a non stayer they were talking about running her in the jersey

No Nay Never had 3 in the Coventry, with Cosmic Law beaten 7 1/2L in 9th place being the best placed of them. That was a big blow to my hopes for him as a stallion.

Summer weather and Summer ground stallions coming to the fore. It has been a superb month for Camelot, Frankel and Galileo. All having Group 1 winners and plenty of lesser group winners and performers as well. Also the War Front X Galileo cross has been showing sprinting class on this ground which is a bit surprising given the Galileo influence, but I think that Galileo on the dam side isn't a big stamina influence.

I've been quite surprised at how well the Frankels have been running on this better ground when it's been a thing that many of his have run very well with a lot of juice in the ground.

The Camelots appear to be maturing at a rate of knots and it seems to be a thing that breeding speedier mares to him works well. His first crops have been conceived off modest enough fees €30k, €35k, €25k, €25k, €25k, so this lad should become a kind of Montjeu part 2 when he starts to get higher class mares sent his way.

As it stands those two above pose a long term threat to Galileo's crown because unlike Dubawi their stock will be suited to running in the big money Classics and big summer ground races that tend to be less suitable targets for the Dubawis.

Most Gifted winning over 6f today as a 3yo is yet more testament to the speed that War Front is putting into any mares he gets from the Sadlers Wells line. Most Gifted's dam Gagnoa is a Sadlers Wells 3/4 sister to Derby winner Pour Moi.

Also why is O'Brien running Broadway over such short trips this year? Her brother Venice Beach won a Chester Vase over an extended 12f and her dam is an Arc and King George winner. He seems to be running a lot of his Galileo fillies over shorter trips this year when they've always excelled over further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Camelot looks the real deal to me. His 3 year olds are tough nice types and they dont look overly slow. The one Dascombe had at Ascot looked a lovely prospect for next year and would probably be one for sonething like the RP trophy this season.

He has two solid chances at Gr1 success in Belmont later. Hunting Horn looks a nice improving colt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Camelot looks the real deal to me

Grade 1 winner in America tonight

• Advertisement

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Grade 1 winner in America tonight
    He can't take too much of the credit for that, the dam Cherry Hinton ( already the dam of Irish Oaks Winner Bracelet X Camelot's sire Montjeu ) is out of the almighty Urban Sea making her a half-sister to Galileo, Sea The Stars and a host of other Gp1 winners and classy broodmares to boot. Urban Sea is a close up broodmare influence on both sides of Masar's pedigree.

Intello gets his first Gp1 winner with Intellogent taking the Prix Jean Prat. It's a bit of surprise that it's a miler that's been his first Gp1 winner because he's got a lot of very decent 12f prospects who have been threatening to improve into big race winners with some time to mature.

It's been an interesting few weeks for stallions.

Lately Dubawi seems to be getting more precocious 2yo types that could net him a first sires championship if some of them were to go and dominate the following year's classics. It must be the better quality mares he's been getting since his stud fee went through the roof.

Coolmore have finally got the message that War Front is likely a better sire of sprinters than milers. That's going to provide a goldmine of new sprint sires for them.

Frankel has moved from the hype stage of his stallion career to a new stage where he now has nothing to prove to convince people that he's the real deal as a stallion. Also trainers seem to have cottoned on to the fact that the Frankels need to be brought on steadily rather than being shoved into the spotlight as 2yos.

Mastercraftsman has shown enough at this stage to prove that he's going to be just as good as any of the top stallions when a mare is sent his way.

Camelot and Intello join an ever growing list of young middle-distance producing sires who can be expected to get group 1 performers year in year out.

The old man Galileo is having a quiet enough year by his standards ( just 3 individual Gp1 winners so far this year ) as the chasing pack thickens up with better quality middle-distance stallions than had been chasing him previously. Despite his being relatively quiet he's got an army of up and coming youngsters that will be given more time to a mature now that Coolmore are represented in the top 2yo races by more precocious stallions like War Front and Scat Daddy ( plus whatever new source of precociousness they use to replace the now deceased Scat Daddy ) .

What is the return to investment with the very high quality mares Frankel has got.He has the record of the most 2yr olds with blinkers fto.

4 G1 winners and 21 stakes winners for Galileo in 2018 to date.

4 G1 winners and 21 stakes winners for Galileo in 2018 to date.

Oops, I forgot about Waldgeist ( Rhododendron, Forever Together, Kew Gardens.

4 looks respectable for this time of year. I'm disappointed in Hydrangea so far ( have hopes of her up to Arc winning standard as a 4yo ) but hopefully a run over 12f could see her bounce back to her old self.

• Advertisement

antietam wrote: »
    What is the return to investment with the very high quality mares Frankel has got.He has the record of the most 2yr olds with blinkers fto.

For a covering fee of £125,000 ( £175,000 this year ) they have sold at public auction for an average of £581,902. He's been a marketing dream and he still seems to be firing in bucketloads of winners.

Not my cup of tea, I'd rather Mastercraftsman.

Frankel's Southern Hemisphere fee for 2018 is £80K. It was £100K in 2015 before he even had runners, not sure what it was in 2016 and 2017, but probably increased as it did in NH. He's had a number of SH runners but relatively little success.

tryfix wrote: »
    For a covering fee of £125,000 ( £175,000 this year ) they have sold at public auction for an average of £581,902. He's been a marketing dream and he still seems to be firing in bucketloads of winners.

Not my cup of tea, I'd rather Mastercraftsman.

Based on a very top trainer in Ireland"I hate them full of ****e profile and the worst horses with to work with young horses,I hate them with a vengeance"

Frankel's Southern Hemisphere fee for 2018 is £80K. It was £100K in 2015 before he even had runners, not sure what it was in 2016 and 2017, but probably increased as it did in NH. He's had a number of SH runners but relatively little success.
    Was at Newmarket 3 years ago and the most incorrect colt made 355k and he never ran.

Ruler Of the World gets off the mark with his 4th runner Iridessa a 20/1 shot who on her debut today ran all over the Chesham Stakes 5th Cardini in the opener at Killarney.

Ruler Of The World is standing at just €8,000, it's a shocking indictment of the obsession with speed and precocity that a Derby winning son of Galileo ( a sire of sires ) who's a half brother to the legendary Duke Of Marmalade ( who is a smashing sire as well ) had his stallion career practically written off before he got a chance with the kind of mares that a well bred Derby winner should be getting. I really hope that Ruler Of The World gets to climb up the fee ladder so that he doesn't end up exported or shuffled off to the NH stallion ranks.

• Advertisement

Scat Daddy had 3 runners so far today and 3 winners including the Gp3 winner Skitter Scatter trained by P J Prendergast.

It's simply amazing that a top American Stallion in his last crop has so many very expensive European runners spread across many different trainers, big and small trainers at that. It's like this last crop is gold dust and it's mainly the Europeans that had the funds to buy them.

Surely there's just no hope of finding another stallion that can replace his astonishing success at the top level of 2yo racing?

And off a stud fee of just $35,000. No wonder Coolmore are going to such lengths to replace him. Confirmed now that they have bought Justify (though can't be announced as finalised until September so the current owners can take advantage of laws on capital gains). He has been retired, so the way is clear for Mendelssohn to target the BC Classic. His last run was on the face of it very disappointing, but maybe not so much with the way Ballydoyle's horses have been needing several runs this year, not to mention the bug which may have been affecting their horses for a few weeks. And No Nay Never is off to a good start, possibly as good a start as Scat Daddy himself. He's producing similarly big strong types with a lot of speed.

And off a stud fee of just $35,000. No wonder Coolmore are going to such lengths to replace him. Confirmed now that they have bought Justify (though can't be announced as finalised until September so the current owners can take advantage of laws on capital gains). He has been retired, so the way is clear for Mendelssohn to target the BC Classic. His last run was on the face of it very disappointing, but maybe not so much with the way Ballydoyle's horses have been needing several runs this year, not to mention the bug which may have been affecting their horses for a few weeks. And No Nay Never is off to a good start, possibly as good a start as Scat Daddy himself. He's producing similarly big strong types with a lot of speed.

He is a huge loss, if he had gone on for another 10 years then he'd have been a real breed shaping stallion in the mode of Danzig.

Mendelssohn is beautifully bred, but on the dam side and in his own racing history he's not the type to be getting the bucketloads of Ascot type juveniles that his sire produced. I'm not too clued up on Justify's dam side but he too seems like a sire that would produce stock that might be best at 7f+ as 2yos rather than the 5 and 6f types that made Scat Daddy in Europe. Maybe Scat Daddy would have morphed into a more middle-distance type producer as seen with Justify in the same way that Danehill went from producing mainly speedsters onto producing Classic winning horses as the quality of mare he was getting was upped.

After a great start No Nay Never hit a wall at Ascot. I'm not quite sure what to make of his stock, to my eyes there are physically like duplicates of himself, beautiful athletic animals that float over the ground but they haven't reached his heights yet, maybe they need time or a bit of cut in the ground.

I'd think myself that Caravaggio is the great hope to come somewhere near replicating Scat Daddy on this side of the Atlantic. He was a powerful precocious block of a speed horse as a runner which is what is needed to produce a conveyor belt of juveniles with the pace for the 5-6f juvenile races.

No Nay Never will give them hope of better things to come from the likes of Caravaggio. NNN had another good winner today.

No Nay Never will give them hope of better things to come from the likes of Caravaggio. NNN had another good winner today.

U000015327186541.jpg

https://www.irishracing.com/photo_jpeg/U000015327186541.jpg

Over 7f, which gives cause to believe that he will get stock who will be more than just sprinters and that they'll train on. They really are fine specimens.

Beyond Reason gives Australia a timely boost today with a 7f Gp3 win on Good-Soft going at Deauville. Australia has appeared to have been struggling a bit after a fine start with the O'Brien Australia 2yos doing very little on their debuts, but that's just the slow starting way that O'Brien introduces his 2yos to racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Another one - Coolmore has sent a pile of good mares to Dubawi. Article also says Godolphin has sent mares to Galileo

https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/bloodstock-latest/stellar-coolmore-mares-sent-to-godolphin-golden-boy-dubawi-in-2018/340757

Winner of the fillies maiden at Galway today.

Lure Of The Sea (IRE) 3, b f 9-0 (Calumet Farm)
    (2:45.15 3.76 secs faster on today's going ) (Drawn 7)
    Sea The Stars (IRE) - Seducing (IRE)(Galileo (IRE))
    Breeder - Calumet Farm LLC

I have seen a few of this particular inbreeding nick over the last few years and it seems to work out okay. Blame Jim Bolger, 'twas him that started that cross IIRC.

It was a good weekend for Galileo, it has seen the O'Brien team's return to form helping him to a dual 1,2,3 in group races at the Curragh.

It was a case of seconditis for Frankel with 3 second places in the weeks staying races. It was encouraging to see the 4yo Count Octave showing improvement to register a career high rpr of 113 in the Yorkshire Cup after a run of slightly disappointing races.

Holy Roman Emperor had his 13th individual group/grade 1 winner when Glorious Empire won the Sword Dancer stakes at Saratoga. A fine record for a horse that stands at €15,000.

Scat Daddy continues his unbelievable season with Skitter Scatter thrashing the O'Brien legions in the Gp2 Debutante Stakes and his Mendelssohn running a fine race in second in a very strong Travers Stakes at Saratoga. It's a real pity he's dead because there were indications that he was going to start producing some quality 8-10f older horses as well as his usual bounty of juvenile sprinters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement