Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aus job description restrictions

Options
  • 22-08-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Basically going to Australia in a few months on a WHV and every now and again I do a search for jobs in my field, which there are plenty. But most, if not all, job adverts have "Eligibility is restricted to Australian Citizens or candidates with Australian Permanent Residency" in the description. Its very off putting seeing so many jobs I can apply for yet I wont even be considered.

Does anyone know if this is just a standard thing they put on, I should just apply anyway and hope for the best? Anyone have any experience in this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Noo wrote: »
    Basically going to Australia in a few months on a WHV and every now and again I do a search for jobs in my field, which there are plenty. But most, if not all, job adverts have "Eligibility is restricted to Australian Citizens or candidates with Australian Permanent Residency" in the description. Its very off putting seeing so many jobs I can apply for yet I wont even be considered.

Does anyone know if this is just a standard thing they put on, I should just apply anyway and hope for the best? Anyone hav
    e any experience in this?

Thanks

What you read is what it means.
    They are looking for someone with the rights to work full time in Oz. If you apply for them you wont hear back no matter how well suited you are to the job.

If you have the skills Oz is looking for and want to stay here for good apply for a skilled visa. If you want a good time loads of fun and excitment apply for a WHV but don't expect to work in your field of exp or gey sponcered.

Just saying it how it is. WHV is not a backdoor migration into Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

it all depends on what jobs you are applying for, the 6 month work restriction can put some employers off. Stuff like casual bar work or fruit picking definitely wont be a problem.

Advertisement