Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming first years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Equine Science and staying in Kilmurry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dotzy

Gonna be studying Economics and Sociology and staying in Plassey. Can't wait!! Big crowd of us heading down from Laois!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

Law Plus in Plassey!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

New media and English and staying in Dromroe :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Spot of confusion actually,
    Turns out I wasn't first in line for the Plassey (Applied a week ago,)
    So chose to go to nearby accommodation instead,
    10 minute walk and considerably cheaper...
    Plus have an ensuite :P
    Only around 18 in my course so chances of me finding one on here are slim to nil :P
    Only a week or so to go and still feel in the dark a bit, few weeks in should clear things up though I hope :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

FredBaby! wrote: »
    New media and English and staying in Dromroe :cool:

Good choice- going into second year in that course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Only around 18 in my course so chances of me finding one on here are slim to nil :P

Dont give up hope.. :p theres only about 25 in mine and i still found a boardsie!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 caty360

nursing cappvilla , seems most first yrs stay in plassey or thom.?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mty92

caty360 wrote: »
    nursing cappvilla , seems most first yrs stay in plassey or thom.?

Delighted to see someone mention cappvilla thought I was the only fresher staying there! No one seems 2 mention it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

I'm staying in cappavilla too !! So there's 3 of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 prescar

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'll be staying in Kilmurry. It's all happening so fast! I'm really excited. Any advice for first years?

I don't go to UL, but my friends stayed in Kilmurry last year...what a place!!! be warned though, that place is known for mental house parties, so be careful with security! Have fun!

Anyone else getting at least 1 "Hi, you must enroll online before orientation" text every day? I've got like 4 or 5 so far even though I've already enrolled... (I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Markyy

Yeah, I get them too and I've enrolled, check your email and then if you have one saying you've enrolled you're sorted. I'd pay the fee's online if I were you too, save the hassle with bank giro's etc.

Markyy wrote: »
    Yeah, I get them too and I've enrolled, check your email and then if you have one saying you've enrolled you're sorted. I'd pay the fee's online if I were you too, save the hassle with bank giro's etc.

yup , its happening to me too, id say once the email has confirmed your sorted!

caty360 wrote: »
    yup , its happening to me too, id say once the email has confirmed your sorted!

But I enrolled and paid online already, and I'm still getting them.. I even have the confirmation emails.

njd2010 wrote: »
    But I enrolled and paid online already, and I'm still getting them.. I even have the confirmation emails.
    maybe call the college if you are not sure? just to double check its gone through?its pro better to be safe then sorry, i think i might call them just to confirm.

That is just them messaging everyone to make sure everyone does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

GV_NRG wrote: »
    Doing Biomedical Engineering and staying in plassey!! :)

I'm doing Biomedical Engineering too! :)
    Staying in Milford Grange.

Anyone moving in tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yep, nice and early too :)

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Yep, nice and early too :)

I shall perhaps see you there then :)

I shall perhaps see you there then :)

We need to form a secret password or handshake or something so we recognize fellow Boardies....

We need to form a secret password or handshake or something so we recognize fellow Boardies....

True, we can make it so complicated that nobody will ever figure it out.... not even us.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

i'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 UL

Every new first year move into Cappavilla today please! Don't wanna be on my own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

UL wrote: »
    Every new first year move into Cappavilla today please! Don't wanna be on my own :D

Hey I'm moving some stuff down to cappavilla today so I might see you there !

If any of ye were part of the group of Irish first years that just went around Plassey saying hello to people, Or were one of the people we said hi to, I forgot all of your names, PM me so I can add you on facebook :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

just commenting on the engineering maths thing, seriously, you're probably going to hate the lectures, but attend them you must! those random attendance lectures get you free and iriplacable marks towards your final. The maths learning centre is free and is fantastic! go as often as you can and you'll fly through the exam without having a clue what's going on in the lectures themselves. also, repeats ruin holiday plans and cost €171 a pop, so study occasionally!

lastly, make a point of getting to know your coursemates. you'll be seeing them for the next 4 years and you can go a long way helping each other through projects and exams. God knows I wouldn't have passed this far without mine and visa versa. and there is only 2 of us going into next year on my course :( Mature students are probably going to be alot more nervous than ye because of the age gap, but trust me, these are the people who you want to know. invaluable wealth of knowledge is an understatement.

most of all, have **** loads of fun. you only live once.

phish wrote: »
    Hey I'm moving some stuff down to cappavilla today so I might see you there !
    lol - maybe its just where i am , but there is not that many 1st yrs around. it was quiet yesterday even though it was moving day.awh well :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Axe Rake

Numerous people moving into brookfield over the past few days.

Advertisement