Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming first years.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Your Sulis login is just your ID and whatever password you use.

ya but it keeps telling me that my password is wrong! what will i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Axe Rake

Go to the library. Scan your ID card at the Terminal Computer and reset your password.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Yeah I haven't been able to access SULIS or my student email, even though I can access my studnet portal without a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

easkey92 wrote: »
    when do we get our ul emails and join moodle ??
    Meant to ask now that I've spotted you: Did you get the course?

Axe Rake wrote: »
    Go to the library. Scan your ID card at the Terminal Computer and reset your password.
    Ok I'll try that tomorrow, thanks.
    Yeah I haven't been able to access SULIS or my student email, even though I can access my studnet portal without a problem.
    Ya I'm the exact same alright.

• Advertisement

The password for your email is different than your student portal password. It should be an 8 character password.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    The password for your email is different than your student portal password. It should be an 8 character password.
    Do you know what the default password is?

Do you know what the default password is?

When I logged into the portal, I used 9999. After I enrolled I got an email into my normal address telling me how to set up my UL email. When I set that up I was prompted to set a new password. It had to be 8 characters and have 3 of upper/lowercase, symbols, and numbers. That password is the one that works for email and computer login.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Yeah Sulis isn't working for me either,
    Able to access Student Portal alright just not Sulis and I havent a clue about how to access UL email account, don't believe I've made one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yannfann

I'm not sure if I've registered right or not :/ When I did it I did it on my phone's browser and the modules didn't look like they could be ticked. I just clicked confirm down the bottom? Is there any way to check if it went through correctly, and that I haven't just confirmed 0 modules? (my course has no choice of modules, you do all 5 btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

yannfann wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I've registered right or not :/ When I did it I did it on my phone's browser and the modules didn't look like they could be ticked. I just clicked confirm down the bottom? Is there any way to check if it went through correctly, and that I haven't just confirmed 0 modules? (my course has no choice of modules, you do all 5 btw)

Go into student records again and you should have a link "Modules I am Registered For" it should bring you to your 5 registered modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Yeah Sulis isn't working for me either,
    Able to access Student Portal alright just not Sulis and I havent a clue about how to access UL email account, don't believe I've made one

As far as i know for Sulis you have to log onto it from the computers in the library first with your Student ID number and then your password Should be your D.O.B.. like mine would be 26Dec1992.

I did it today and i can access Sulis now but still confused about my Ul email acount :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Cawcheen wrote: »
    but still confused about my Ul email acount :confused:

Nevermind, sorted it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

default password for the student portal is your date of birth
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

yannfann wrote: »

Exactly what I done and queried it.
    Hopefully I did it right,
    Only had 5 choices.

And ya, just learned that myself today,
    Missed a meeting due to it as well.
    Turned out alright-ish though.
    Have Sulis and UL email now,
    Sharepoint is my next thing to overcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

I only got 5 modules on the registration screen so I accepted them. Went up to the SAA office to check, queued for 90 minutes, and then they told me I had to choose a sixth module. I chose microeconomics.

The thing is, none of the lads in my class (ECE) know anything about a sixth module and they say we only need 5!

Can anyone shed light on this? I don't want any more work to do than I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

kpac wrote: »
    I only got 5 modules on the registration screen so I accepted them. Went up to the SAA office to check, queued for 90 minutes, and then they told me I had to choose a sixth module. I chose microeconomics.

The thing is, none of the lads in my class (ECE) know anything about a sixth module and they say we only need 5!

Can anyone shed light on this? I don't want any more work to do than I need.

Ask your course leader. You can deregister from the extra module if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Does anyone know the date of when we get our midterm break? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

There is none,

You get the two days off for the open day as far as i remember.

Actually this has changed last year so only some classes are affected.

Basically, semester runs straight through, no breaks.

Advertisement