Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skimmed card?

Options
  • 22-08-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has just gone to the hole in the wall. A./c is empty. He got a mini-statement and it shows a withdrawal of the balance ( €xxx.00). It shows 'WTHD' next to it - not 'ATM'. He can see that same code for a couple of direct debits that come out of that account. What other type of transaction would this code cover?

Are there ever any mistakes on AIB statements? This transaction was dated the 18th....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Tell him to log into 24 hour banking to view the narrative.

He will be able to see the details from there.

He can also use the statement printer service in any branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

dublin daz wrote: »
    Tell him to log into 24 hour banking to view the narrative.

He will be able to see the details from there.

He can also use the statement printer service in any branch.
    Unfortunately he doesn't have internet banking setup - but I guess he can call in to the bank tomorrow.

Is it possible that this is some sort of system glitch? If it was skimming, they withdraw funds via atm's, correct (and this shows up with the code 'WTHD'

Withdrawal is shown on the 18th but he would normally have a direct debit coming out on the 22nd/23rd - but that doesn't show up (well, I guess it wouldn't as there are no funds to meet it!!).

Anyone with AIB? On a ministatement, what does the term "WTHD" mean?

Is it for withdrawals (in-branch) and direct debit payments only?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Looks like wirhdrawal in branch. If it was a direct debit it would have the name of the company on it i.e. Eircom, O2 etc. Call to branch and they can trace what exactly it is

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Looks like wirhdrawal in branch. If it was a direct debit it would have the name of the company on it i.e. Eircom, O2 etc. Call to branch and they can trace what exactly it is
    sounds like that - but there's a direct debit listed but they have the same 'code' beside it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Normally Direct Debit might have the letter OP after it which indicates it s a direct debit which was et up over the phone i.e. u signed no direct debit form

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Normally Direct Debit might have the letter OP after it which indicates it s a direct debit which was et up over the phone i.e. u signed no direct debit form
    No - just has 'WTHD' on both the one he recognises as it's the same amount each month (which is a direct debit) and the one that's come out of nowhere...although that's all on a 'ministatement'. He can't get to the bank with work but has ordered a proper statement...so I guess that will tell all....

Advertisement