Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what sheep marts on Thursday/ Friday

• 22-08-2011 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have ordered sheep tags since last week but there is a big backlog apparently
    I took this week off work to sell a few lambs in the mart but am almost out of tags. I ordered them last week but there is a big backlog apparently and they cant guarantee that they will have them out to me in time for Wednesdays mart in Tullamore.

Seen as I am off work this week I need to clear some stock. Incase I dont get Tags for wednesday. Is there any other sheep marts on Thursday/ Friday?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Hello Sea,

Wouldnt have a huge amount of knowledge as to the geography up there, but from looking at the farmersforum.ie mart reports - there was a sale on in Ballymahon last Thursday.
    You can see prices here, to see how it compares to Tullamore
    http://farmersforum.ie/data/marts/1313839278.pdf

Not sure if its very far away from you tho :confused:

Best o luck, hope yer tags arrive in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 epff

sea12 wrote: »
    Hi,

Have ordered sheep tags since last week but there is a big backlog apparently
    I took this week off work to sell a few lambs in the mart but am almost out of tags. I ordered them last week but there is a big backlog apparently and they cant guarantee that they will have them out to me in time for Wednesdays mart in Tullamore.

Seen as I am off work this week I need to clear some stock. Incase I dont get Tags for wednesday. Is there any other sheep marts on Thursday/ Friday?

Thanks,
    ballinasloe thurs evening sale starts 530 you want to be there 430
    why not try donedeal.ie €3 instead of high mart charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

epff wrote: »
    ballinasloe thurs evening sale starts 530 you want to be there 430
    why not try donedeal.ie €3 instead of high mart charges

would prefer to sell them in the mart as they are ewe lambs and are making good money. Think I would get more than what I would get at home.
    Might try ballinasloe.

Have you sold there before? whats it like for numbers buyers etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

wondering why the go slow on the tags?

my supplier usually delivers the following day if I order before noon

snowman707 wrote: »
    wondering why the go slow on the tags?

my supplier usually delivers the following day if I order before noon

who do u get snowman? i ordered from euro tags (mullinahone co op)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

sea12 wrote: »
    who do u get snowman? i ordered from euro tags (mullinahone co op)

cormac tags Tuam

Got the tags anyway on wed morn and got tehm sold. Prices back a bit from last week but still good money.

Advertisement