Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 week ap cumh

Options
  • 22-08-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

hey guys got my 32 wk ap tomorro, ill be 32 + 5. Just wondering what to expect?
    Im pretty sure ill get a scan as placenta was too low up to 20 weeks so they gotta see if its still there and if ill be booked in for a section or not. Hoping to also get a good look at babs and find out his position and his weight to get an idea of weight at birth.
    But other than that i dont have a clue what to expect. Will the midwives go thru birthplan etc?
    Wow im so confused and now really nervous bout tomorrow to. Just packed my labour bag cuz im freaking out that somethings gonna be wrong and im gonna need it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I think it was my 37 week apppointment before anyone talked to me about birthing plans. Even then, it was just a quick conversation to note down preferences for pain relief and how I felt about the possibility of induction. Baby is big by 32 so they cant scan him/her all in one go so you'll probably have to ask specifically if you want a weight measurement ( they have to take head, tummy and leg measurements to calculate it). My consultant never had any problem doing it for us and he was spot on. baby weighed in at 25 g less than his prediction (I realise that is more luck than science!) good luck with your appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi sweetnjuicy
    How did you get on? I just had my 20wk scan at CUMH and am curious what to expect for the next one. 20wk scan was very quick and we didnt really learn anything new, she seemed happy out with the baby and we saw the baby moving around etc, saw the bones of the head, neck and spine and ribs and heartbeat etc but still felt very quick.

tks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Quins5 wrote: »
    Hi sweetnjuicy
    How did you get on? I just had my 20wk scan at CUMH and am curious what to expect for the next one. 20wk scan was very quick and we didnt really learn anything new, she seemed happy out with the baby and we saw the baby moving around etc, saw the bones of the head, neck and spine and ribs and heartbeat etc but still felt very quick.

tks for the info.

hey did you get a 12 week scan as well at cumh?

its great to see baby as baby rather than a blob

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sweetnjuicy

hey got on grand had to have a quick scan as i have a low placenta, but again i had to wait around for an extra hour for a 30 sec scan. other than that it was all the usual, exact same drill as the 20 week ap. Next ap is at 36 weeks and apparently i should expect a quick birth talk then. but prob nothin new. Maybe a proper scan as i havent had a proper scan since 11 weeks. Well 14 if you count the research one i had done extra.
    Did you get a 20 weeks scan? done by ultrasound as opposed to the one in the docs office in which you can just about make out a baby??
    Will let you know how the 36 week ap goes in 4 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

hiya,
    yes we had a scan at 12 weeks and again at 20 wks. the 20 week one was done in the consultants room on their little screen.
    Small screen but still great to see the baby again :)

btw we're going public and very happy so far

x

• Advertisement
Advertisement