Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dingle aquarium & seal sanctuary

Options
  • 22-08-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭

HI I just wanted to recommend both the Dingle aquarium and the Dingle Wildlife & Seal Sanctuary to any visitors. I had a lovely day there today with a 16month old and a nearly 4year old. Id never heard of the seal sanctuary before I just passed it and popped in. Its well worth a visit. Loads of wild birds and seals. Great help from the workers there.
    THe aquarium was fab as usual. Penguins hilarious.
    I must do a boat trip next time was too nervous with only 2 hands and 2 toddlers!!

All said Dingle was fab today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Aww fantastic. Great to hear that. I enjoyed the penguins when I went there also (actually main reason for going as I had heard so much about them). They really are for all age-groups :). Dingle is just a stunning town, the scenery just never fails to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

What days/ time open cosed and cost for both the seal and aqua centres?

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

What days/ time open cosed and cost for both the seal and aqua centres?

Thanks in advance :)

Jeez isn't the interweb just wonderful eh: through google alone I found this 'plan your visit' with the opening times and prices for the aquarium

and

the wildlife sanctuary info with their times and prices also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Must try the Seal Sanctuary... only saw it last week on the drive past.

But you are quite right, the Aquarium is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

20.50 for an adult and child for less than an hour "entertainment" - have they not heard that the country is in a recession?

• Advertisement

EGAR wrote: »
    20.50 for an adult and child for less than an hour "entertainment" - have they not heard that the country is in a recession?

It's €38 for a family up to 4 kids... have you ever been? It takes more than an hour and you can re-enter in the same day when you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I don't have 4 kids, I only have 1 ;). The website states a tour take 45 minutes.

EGAR wrote: »
    I don't have 4 kids, I only have 1 ;). The website states a tour take 45 minutes.

They are being unfair to themselves I think.. you could spend 45 mins wathcing the sharks!

I think it one of the few places that offers good value for a family.

Advertisement