Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gentlemens Opinions on male/female interaction in 20's and 30's

• 22-08-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I was thinking about the social interactions I see between customers in work (busy pub in Dublin city) and I noticed that while in their 20's that men seem to chase women a lot, whereas when in their 30's, the playing field levels a little (not entirely), and women chase men a lot more than they did in their 20's.

My question to the men of the Gentlemen's Club is this. If a lady you courted turned you down when you are both in your 20's when she is at her physical prime, yet was very receptive 10 years later when she isn't getting as much attention as before, and you have a lot more money than in your 20's, how would that make you feel?

Is that just accepted social dynamics? Should you just accept it, and be easy-going about it? What if you remembered being turned down earlier in your life?

Thank you gentlemen of the forum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭28064212

My question to the men of the Gentlemen's Club is this. If a lady you courted turned you down when you are both in your 20's when she is at her physical prime, yet was very receptive 10 years later when she isn't getting as much attention as before, and you have a lot more money than in your 20's, how would that make you feel?
    Or, y'know, any of the other millions of things that could have changed in 10 years. Crass generalisations don't make for good discussions

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I can see what you're trying to get that but correct me if I'm wrong. The implication here is that if a man isn't good enough for the woman in her twenties then clearly she's "lowered the bar" when she hits her thirties and comes back to him? And is the fact you mentioned men have more money in their thirties have an implication that that's all the woman is interested in (30s, running out of time for babies, needs a man with a steady income who can support her)?

Since I'm in my twenties now I can't honestly say but I'd like to think I would treat them as two entirely different situations because that is what they are. Different stages of life, different priorities in a partner, different tastes etc. etc. It's not a matter of accepting that I wasn't good enough for her when we were younger, but perhaps more of a case where I wasn't what she was looking for at the time. All that being said, you would be a fool to ignore significantly changed circumstances (e.g. if I was poor in my 20s, and came into big money and was a very well-off 30-something, and the girl's track record was to be a gold digger)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Hi guys,

I was thinking about the social interactions I see between customers in work (busy pub in Dublin city) and I noticed that while in their 20's that men seem to chase women a lot, whereas when in their 30's, the playing field levels a little (not entirely), and women chase men a lot more than they did in their 20's.

Is that just accepted social dynamics? Should you just accept it, and be easy-going about it? What if you remembered being turned down earlier in your life?

Thank you gentlemen of the forum.

I dont know exactly what your point is but it seems that you think women are in their 20s driven by looks and in their 30s driven by money.

Id suggest you read our charter before posting in here again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement