Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied maths help

• 23-08-2011 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Can someone give the solution to 1992 HL 16 b part (iii)? I get 2 over root 7 instead of 4 over root 7 and the answers to 1998 Hl q6 part b (ii)?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Damn, you're studying for it already!?! you're making me panic!

What question is it? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to help out :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

I got the answer for 1992 problem. I would just like an answer for 1996 HL q6 b part (ii). I get .3m. Can anyone confirm this answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

1998 or 1996?

Your first post says 98...

98 : Find the height above equilibrium position to which the particle will rise

Answer = 0.5m above equilibrium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Sorry typo! It is 1998. I get .3 but the back of my exam papers get .9?I was thinking maybe they went 1.2-.3=.9 by accident? Do you mind positng your solution?

Edit: I did it again and relised I forgot to add the .2 that it goes up due to SHM to .3. So now I get .5. The exam papers must be wrong. It isnt the first time with these questions. They prolly got .9 by adding the .4m that is is pulled down by to the final answer. Thanks a million! Thread can be closed!

Advertisement