Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey guys, got word last month about when my orientation week starts and they said info from registration will follow. Just wondering if any masters students have gotten letters about registration yet? Or am i jumping the gun a bit??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

pepper3 wrote: »
    Hey guys, got word last month about when my orientation week starts and they said info from registration will follow. Just wondering if any masters students have gotten letters about registration yet? Or am i jumping the gun a bit??
    The registrations office is pretty understaffed with the cutbacks to the HEA. As long as you're registered by the end of October then there's no problem whatsoever. You should receive info a long time before then though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pepper3

Yeah, it's just i was kinda hoping to find out about fees and the like how much it's gona cost me....plus they already messed up my application and my offer...:rolleyes:...so was wondering if they'd messed up again lol

Also don't you have to be registered before they'll give you a student card?

pepper3 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's just i was kinda hoping to find out about fees and the like how much it's gona cost me....plus they already messed up my application and my offer...:rolleyes:...so was wondering if they'd messed up again lol

Also don't you have to be registered before they'll give you a student card?
    Not sure about Masters students but during inductions for undergrads they'll be giving them out en masse. If you're unsure then give them a call. Just don't expect a straight answer :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I am starting my masters this year , since paying my deposit I haven't heard a thing , with just over 3 weeks until we are due to start its very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

I'm in the same situation.

I haven't heard anything from DIT since I forwarded my undergrad result to the Postgrad Admissions. >:(

• Advertisement

Well at least I'm not the only postgraduate that has yet to receive anything about registration. I was hoping to find out about fees etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I would like to find out about whether we can pay in installments, what the deadlines are etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ShamrockGirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I would like to find out about whether we can pay in installments, what the deadlines are etc.

Again it's on the same website here: http://www.dit.ie/registration/feesandgrants/

• Advertisement

Any sign of a registration pack by now anyone?

Still no sign of one for me.

I am going to contact them Monday find out details of my start date , registration etc. Actually a bit of a joke that I haven't heard a peep since paying my deposit.

STILL haven't got a letter either:(
    Little Pea wrote: »
    I am going to contact them Monday find out details of my start date , registration etc. Actually a bit of a joke that I haven't heard a peep since paying my deposit.

Doubt it'll do much good tbh, i rang them last week.

Got half way through my sentence and the girl on the phone started a clearly well rehearsed spiel about "we've had many enquires from postgrads blah blah please don't panic blah"
    me: but i just......
    her: cutting over me.. "blah blah making lists blah blah writing to everyone in the next few days blah blah blah"."Okay Bye"
    me: eh ....wait! :mad:
    asked her to check if i was on the list. no of course i wasn't on the list :rolleyes:
    Basically got the run around and was told to ring another department and sort it out myself :confused:

In the end i eventually got it sorted (after each department blaming the other) and was told all letters would definitely be sent out by monday 5th.

Obviously not.

Oh well guess DIT are living up to their reputation before i even set foot in the door, fun times ahead! :D:D

Let me know if you have better luck!

So frustrating , because I have since received two letter detailing registration and class induction for a post-grad course in DCU , that I turned down for DIT. As it stands I don't know any of these details or even in fact my start date.

I can't believe how long it's taking them!

I have tried emailing them to no avail. :rolleyes:

I did find this (a PDF of the dates that we need to go in and pick up our student cards) - http://www.dit.ie/media/documents/registrations2010/ID%20Card%20Collection%20Postgraduate.pdf

Presumably we need to have registered before we pick up our student cards and the 12th seems to be the day that all postgraduate students have to pick up their student cards so that we will have to have registered before then.

Don't quote me on that as it's just an assumption but I think it makes sense...

I wish they would at the very least send out a mass email to all new postgrads informing us of the basics of what we should expect in the next few weeks.

What you guys doing ?? I'm doing DT329

I'm doing DT434 MSc in Tourism Management.

I'm pathetically excited as I didn't enjoy my undergrad at all. Hopefully I'll love this new course. :D

I have tried emailing them to no avail
    Usually takes them about 4 or 5 days to get back to you by email (quoted as being the fastest way of getting in contact with them on the website bahahahah)
    Presumably we need to have registered before we pick up our student cards and the 12th seems to be the day that all postgraduate students have to pick up their student cards so that we will have to have registered before then.
    Yeah this seems like the case alright. Ridiculous that they would expect masters students to go without access to fundamentals like library etc.

I asked her this and she said yes you have to be registered before you can collect your card, and you can't register until you pay at least half the fees i believe. (for those not getting a grant)

So yeah they're giving us less than a week to pay half the fees :eek:. (if you want a student card that is)
    Nice.

:D:D:D still can't wait to start though!

No letter in the post today , contacted registration office who have told me that I am not set up on the system yet , JOKE today is the 5th I have had ZERO communication from anyone in that college since I paid my deposit , since then I have received 3 emails from DCU and a letter about induction on the course I applied for dates etc. I now feel I might of made a mistake.

OOOOh Plus the Post grad office phone number has been off the hook since this morning.

GREAT !

Yeah i got the whole you're not on our system line too, if it's any consolation i've been "on their system" for the past week and i've still got no reg details! Dunno how you managed to get through to registration, I've been ringing registration all morning and no one will answer, it's so frustrating! ... The postgrad office doesn't answer phones until after 2 or 3 though so thats probably why you can't get through!

• Advertisement

Got through to administrator officer in my school , and I will say one thing if the rest of the staff were as helpful as that guy then college will be a smooth ride.

He basically told me that he will definitely send me out details of my induction today , and he has been onto the registration team and he couldn't understand why some people got letters and others didn't. He is trying to arrange that i receive my registration details via email TODAY :-o

Kudos Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 RainbowRed

I got my letter about registration, but it doesn't say anything about what to do if you're getting the grant? do I still go to collect my student card even though I'm waiting for my fees to be paid? Anyone else in this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

RainbowRed wrote: »
    I got my letter about registration, but it doesn't say anything about what to do if you're getting the grant? do I still go to collect my student card even though I'm waiting for my fees to be paid? Anyone else in this situation?

Have you already registered online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 RainbowRed

Rasmus wrote: »
    Have you already registered online?

yeah im registered, but do I have to pay the fees before I can collect my ID card? im confused:confused: ..this is my first time doing this!:o

According to the website if you've clicked the 'applied for a grant' section on the online registration then you just print off the confirmation of registration email they should've sent you and you can collect your card at the time given for your course on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

I paid for half of mine. When do I have to have the other half paid by then?

irish_man wrote: »
    I paid for half of mine. When do I have to have the other half paid by then?
    You can rest easy until January I'd say. Once the Christmas exams are done and dusted they'll be looking for the second installment I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

yeah im registered, but do I have to pay the fees before I can collect my ID card? im confused:confused: ..this is my first time doing this!:o

I'm in the same situation. I know I have until October 31st to pay the first half of the fees, but do I collect my student ID at the same time a everyone else, or when I have paid the first half of the fees?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I'm in the same situation. I know I have until October 31st to pay the first half of the fees, but do I collect my student ID at the same time a everyone else, or when I have paid the first half of the fees?
    Last year they were collected the same time as everyone else.

I know this because i got my student card as the start of the year, but my fees weren't paid till nearly February.

I can only assume it hasn't changed this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

Still no letter myself. I was told to go to the inductions anyway. :rolleyes:

Advertisement