Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here been scouted for a sponsorship visa?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 3:03am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I put up a profile on http://skilledmigrantjobs.com and actually got a response. I got an email from one of the big steel companies.
    Well I had a phone interview today and everything seemed to go well, she said she would now be passing on my CV/resume to the higher ups, seems like a good sign.
    Just wondering if anything similar is or has happened to anyone else and what the next steps are, how long it took etc?

She told me someone will get back in the next few weeks. Now I just wait I guess? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

iamstop wrote: »
    I put up a profile on http://skilledmigrantjobs.com and actually got a response. I got an email from one of the big steel companies.
    Well I had a phone interview today and everything seemed to go well, she said she would now be passing on my CV/resume to the higher ups, seems like a good sign.
    Just wondering if anything similar is or has happened to anyone else and what the next steps are, how long it took etc?

She told me someone will get back in the next few weeks. Now I just wait I guess? :confused:

Not to put a downer on it but they laid off a few hundered at a steel works outside Melbourne in the last few days which will lead to 1000's of job loses in the town.

I had loads of interviews here n which they said they would get back to me and never did. If you hear from them in the next few days forget.

Having said that hope all goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I had a look at that website, a lot of the ads seem to be agencies. You won't get far with them, they'll promise the sun, moon & stars but deliver nothing.
    There's no easy or short cut way to getting sponsored.
    Do your research and contact companies yourself.
    Obviously it would be better if you could be in Australia looking for work.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Thanks for the replies lads, perhaps I could have made it clearer in the OP, it WAS a steel company who contacted me.
    I guess I need to keep looking and continue to be hopeful. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

iamstop wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies lads, perhaps I could have made it clearer in the OP, it WAS a steel company who contacted me.
    I guess I need to keep looking and continue to be hopeful. Cheers.

Don't let us put you off it, follow it up with them to see how the process is getting on? If you leave it too long without contact they might think you're not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Ozeire wrote: »
    Not to put a downer on it but they laid off a few hundered at a steel works outside Melbourne in the last few days which will lead to 1000's of job loses in the town.

I had loads of interviews here n which they said they would get back to me and never did. If you hear from them in the next few days forget.

Having said that hope all goes well for you.

Actually its 200 at Hastings and 800 at Wollongong, that's a 1000 Steelworkers looking for work cant see many sponsorship being approved for steelworks.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/steel-exports-dead-1000-jobs-lost-as-bluescope-shuts-port-kembla-blast-furnace/story-fn59niix-1226119257737

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Actually its 200 at Hastings and 800 at Wollongong, that's a 1000 Steelworkers looking for work cant see many sponsorship being approved for steelworks.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/steel-exports-dead-1000-jobs-lost-as-bluescope-shuts-port-kembla-blast-furnace/story-fn59niix-1226119257737

Interesting. The company ringing me is in South Australia if that makes a dif, plus I'm going more for a technician to engineer type position if that makes a dif too.

Advertisement