Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghost box

• 23-08-2011 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Is there anyone here that could be able to help me make a ghost box thx

this is a radio the constantly scans through the frequences and doesnt stop and the white noise created helps with spirit communication

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

What frequency range do Spirits use?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ghost hunt

They use fm and am better in am i just need a radio that doesnt stop scanning tge frequences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is the morning show any good?

ghost hunt wrote: »
    They use fm and am better in am i just need a radio that doesnt stop scanning tge frequences
    I hope they're licensed otherwise we can't help you here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I guess he means
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raudive_voices
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantin_Raudive

To make what you want isn't hard. The value of it is something else. It could be argued that tuning manually to an empty frequency and leaving it would be as effective as scanning.

The James Randi Educational Foundation offers a million dollars for proof that any phenomena, including EVP,[45] are caused paranormally.[65]
    That would be nice.

• Advertisement

Is what licensed

People with Transmitters that are not Bluetooth, Mobile phone handsets, WiFi, Video senders, CBs or PMR446 etc.

Broadcasters and Radio Amateurs need a licence to Transmit.

No what im doin has nothing to do with transmitting i just want to wire a radio to auto scan and not stop but i need to hear it while it scans

You need an old Analogue radio with electronic tuning and feed it a slow sawtooth. But you'll be disappointed. You are better just manually tuning to avoid stations.

Scanning radios have no audio until they find a station.

if you look up ghost box on youtube youll know what im on about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

surly if its constantly scanning you end up with snippets of different ghost conversations,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭jmcc

ghost hunt wrote: »
    Is there anyone here that could be able to help me make a ghost box thx

this is a radio the constantly scans through the frequences and doesnt stop and the white noise created helps with spirit communication
    Why not just listen to RTE? They haven't done anything new for decades. They even have people you thought were dead presenting the programmes.

Regards...jmcc

watty wrote: »
    You need an old Analogue radio with electronic tuning and feed it a slow sawtooth. But you'll be disappointed. You are better just manually tuning to avoid stations.

Scanning radios have no audio until they find a station.
    Seems that it's the snippets of audio from radio stations that form the communication from the "spirits".

I have a "Bench" (Lidl) scanning radio that doesn't mute the audio whenthe scan button is kept depressed while scanning and it doesn't stop either. A switch wired across the up or down scan push button will work.

Well, that's a less boring alternative to the original concept of listening to white noise from tape or radio.

I'd bet a Million (if I had it) that it's no more reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭cml387

When I were a youngster years ago I had experiments with tape recorders.

One day I put the microphone up to a central heating radiator and switched the recording level to maximum.

When I played it back I could hear distinct voices talking.

I should point out that we lived in a detached cottage hundreds of yard from any other house.

When I continued listening I worked out that it was Radio Eireann (I think Harbour Hotel). There was no radio playing in the house of course.

We lived about 30 miles from the Tullamore MW transmitter, but I leave it as an exercise for the reader how the combination of the central heating system and tape recorder resolved the signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

cml387 wrote: »
    it was Radio Eireann (I think Harbour Hotel)
    Gabriel!!!

Seriously, as someone who's opened-minded on EVP, I'm not open-minded to the point where my brain falls out.

The Ghost Box is pure bunk and just demonstrates the phenomenon of aural pareidolia.

If you want to do some real research, get a couple of digital recorders working simultaneously. I'd even choose something like iOvilus on the iPhone over a Ghostbox.

Advertisement