Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lessons/Trekking on a beach near Dublin?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am sorry if i sound silly asking but I know very little about the subject. :confused:

My lovely lady is approaching her 30th soon and has always had a love of horses etc from a young age. One of her dreams is to ride a horse on a beach in the shallow water along the sea shore. I would love to make her dream come true so wondering if anyone know where this is possible near Dublin. Will travel if necessary also.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭JennaJameson

Killarney Riding Stables and Five Oaks Ranch in Bundoran, Donegal both offer beach riding, although the latter offers Western style riding.

Cleggan Beach Rides near Clifden in Galway also offer beach rides, as do Island View Riding Stables in Sligo and Dingle Horse Riding, which offers beach riding holidays up to six days long.

Can't think of any near Dublin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Kilronan out by Dublin airport do beach rides for riders of intermediate level and above. http://www.kilronanequestriancentre.ie/page4.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

It looks like it's away from Dublin so as she would be a novice rider having only done 1 supervised trek in 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

If you go onto www.aire.ie there is a list of riding establishments which offer beach rides, so you could contact them and see where they go (a lot of places go to Wexford) and if they take beginners. Might be also worthwhile to compare prices! :D

ETA: Here's the exact link: http://aire.ie/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=tag&tag=Beach%20Rides&Itemid=203

Many thanks all ;)

• Advertisement

Just to let you know I ended up using Cleggan beach riding centre in Co.Galway. http://www.clegganridingcentre.com/

Excellent set up, friendly staff and we got to trot on the beach just as my lady wanted.

Thanks for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am sorry if i sound silly asking but I know very little about the subject. :confused:

My lovely lady is approaching her 30th soon and has always had a love of horses etc from a young age. One of her dreams is to ride a horse on a beach in the shallow water along the sea shore. I would love to make her dream come true so wondering if anyone know where this is possible near Dublin. Will travel if necessary also.

Thanks in advance

Brittas Bay is lovely. approx 35-40 mins from dublin

I think there is a yard nearby called Seaview Stables...

Worth a try!

Advertisement