Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why wont he answer

• 23-08-2011 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Advice needed please:

My 4yr old daughters puppy is missing and she is heartbroken.
    I came accross an Ad in here, where someone found a puppy in my area fitting Pepes description. I Pm x2, gave my number and asked for them to ring me.

No answer, no reply. yet they have been online since.

why wont they answer me, all I want to know is if its her. We are worried sick about her???

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

maybe the person hasnt checked their message box?

Try replying to the thread where the pup is advertised and say that you think this could be your pup and will pm them with your details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Mo MO

I did already and nothing.
    do you not get an email when your post is replied to??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mo MO wrote: »
    do you not get an email when your post is replied to??
    Not necessarily, only if he/she's subscribed to the thread. Same thing for PM's, i.e. you can choose to get emails when PM's come in, or not (although I'm not sure what the default is.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

I never think to check private messages, and sometimes I miss replies in threads. Also, someone I messaged before told me they didn't see a notification straight away.

They could be ignoring you, but it's probably unlikely if they posted looking for the owner.

Dublin141 wrote: »
    I never think to check private messages. Also, someone I messaged before told me they didn't see a notification straight away.

Yip replied to it.

he was online last night, i just dont understand it. maybe its a genuine mistake but why post an Ad finding a puppy and then not follow up on it.
    If he gave it away far enough then tell me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Having looked at your lost post, your pup went missing on 12th August, the one that I think you're talking about, with a photo of a brown pup was posted on 8th August, so surely it can't be the same dog?

If it is that one, the poster has only ever put that one post up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yip replied to it.

he was online last night, i just dont understand it. maybe its a genuine mistake but why post an Ad finding a puppy and then not follow up on it.
    If he gave it away far enough then tell me.

What username is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ryan84

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73951956

think this is the one their referring to

ISDW wrote: »
    Having looked at your lost post, your pup went missing on 12th August, the one that I think you're talking about, with a photo of a brown pup was posted on 8th August, so surely it can't be the same dog?

If it is that one, the poster has only ever put that one post up.

No not that post is in the Sligo forum and was posted on the 15th. no picture attached.

ryan84 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73951956

think this is the one their referring to

ya thats it.

The OP was in my profile last night looking up my info.

do you not think this is a bit strange??

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    What username is it?

sorry Andreac its compexpert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Maybe keep replying and sending pm's, they might eventually get the messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

mo MO, am just trying to sort out a piece of info on this for you if I can - can you hold off a little while (e.g. couple of hours tops) and I'll PM you?

mo MO, am just trying to sort out a piece of info on this for you if I can - can you hold off a little while (e.g. couple of hours tops) and I'll PM you?

yes of course, thank you very much for your help.

I see the mod of the Sligo forum deleted a phone number that was in the original post. Mods can access older versions of posts, so I don't know whether they could be persuaded to divulge that number to you by PM given the circumstances, but it might be worth contacting them and give it a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Magic Beans

FWIW The mod who snipped the contact number from the first post in the linked thread can still read it, Perhaps they, or some other Sligo mod, could be prevailed upon to contact the OP on your behalf.

Edit Snap :)

thanks Alun,
    I have that done already. I PM the mod and have had no reply yet either.
    Maybe she will get back to me I am seriously losing hope now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I have that number, just checking with the admins that it's okay to pass it on given site rules and regs on personal details etc, so am on it

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ryan84

I have that number, just checking with the admins that it's okay to pass it on given site rules and regs on personal details etc, so am on it

could you not ring the number and ask the poster if it is ok to pass on the number? they did put the number up there originally after all.

hi all,

got the number of the OP. She is sending me a picture now and I am hoping its Pepe.

Thank you all so much for your help, especially Sweeper and Magumnlady.

ill let you know if its her.

thank you all again :D

• Advertisement

Great news, let's hope it's Pepe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

hi all,

got the number of the OP. She is sending me a picture now and I am hoping its Pepe.

Thank you all so much for your help, especially Sweeper and Magumnlady.

ill let you know if its her.

thank you all again :D

That's good news, hope it's her!
    Just to let you know, when using my iPhone I seem to be constantly signed in, if I'm searching and thank a post it comes up as last online yet I don't get a notification for new pm's on my phone. Also have 2 email addresses, one for boards and one for general use, rarely check my boards one. So it could happen that he didn't get your pm yet come up as last online.

I'm afraid it wasnt her.

my hands were shaking as I opened the email.

I'm heartbroken, I had all my hopes pinned on it being her.

sophie will be in bits, back to square one again.

Oh the OP was Polish, couldnt really understand alot of what I was saying.

thanks again to you all for your help x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:(

Sorry to hear that, hope you find him soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Sorry to read that. Don't you just wish it was possible to track your missing pets like you can with some cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Any update on how this worked out? It's a strange and upsetting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Shazanne wrote: »
    Any update on how this worked out? It's a strange and upsetting story.

My apologies - I hadn't read the second page. Now that I have I am devastated for the OP and her little daughter. I really hope that Pepe turns up safe and sound. XX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Sorry if its up but have you got a pic? xxx

• Advertisement
Advertisement