Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change password for Eircom mail account

Options
  • 23-08-2011 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

It says you should do this in preference/general but I cant see change password anywhere?

Also, how secure is your eircom email account from hackers? Id like to keep it as secure as possible.. Suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

JonW wrote: »
    It says you should do this in preference/general but I cant see change password anywhere?

Also, how secure is your eircom email account from hackers? Id like to keep it as secure as possible.. Suggestions?

Thanks

Hi JonW,

Thank you for your query.
    To change your eircom Email Password online, please see the following website: (NOTE THAT YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET THROUGH EIRCOM, IN ORDER TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD ONLINE.)

ONLINE PASSWORD CHANGER - http://autoreg.eircom.net/passwordchange/

IF YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET THROUGH EIRCOM, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS CHANGING YOUR PASSWORD ONLINE (ABOVE), PLEASE CALL DIRECT TO EIRCOM TECHNICAL SUPPORT (PLEASE SEE BELOW:)

Forgotten your password or need to change it?

If you have forgotten your e-mail or webspace password or need to change it, you should use our online password changer which is available at EITHER THE WEBMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE OR at - http://support.eircom.net/password

*Note: You will only be able to use the Password Changer if you are accessing the internet using an eircom net connection.

If you are unable to retrieve or change your password using the online Password Changer, you will need to contact our Technical Support department.

Before calling Technical Support, please make sure you have the following details ready:

* Your username or e-mail address.
    * AND The security information you provided when you set up your account.
    * OR your current password.

Please note that, for security reasons, passwords can only be given out or changed once account security details have been confirmed. If you do not have security details, Technical Support may, at their discretion, ask for further information relating to the account.

If you require the logon details for your modem settings, the username is eircom and the password is broadband1.

To contact eircom Technical Support directly please call :

Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

To answer your second query, your email password is very secure providing you ensure that you keep this safe and take regular precautions; for example, I would regularly change my email password and would not write this down any where.

You may also wish to use eircom's New Service - 'My eircom', where you can also make regular changes and edit your eircom account profile /details online yourself.

My eircom - https://secure.eircom.net/apps/fixeddashboard/login.jsp

Please let me know if I can help further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JonW

Thanks for that.. It obviously wouldnt allow a change as i'm not on an eircom line. I'll call tech

Advertisement