Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dante Restaurant Blanchardstown Centre

Options
  • 23-08-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone been to dante restaurant blanch, whats it like for food? I found a voucher I got in 2009 for this place while tidying up some paperwork the other day.

Wondered what the food was like/menu. Doesnt seem to have its own website, not even sure if they will accept a voucher that old but sure ill give it a shot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

The food is ok. Not great! But good for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The pizza is crap, the pasta is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

the family and I have eat there a few time, thought the pizza was good, not classic Italiano

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

It's fine for casual dining. Not a fancy place. Grand for family dining if you are looking for something a bit upmarket from TGIs (who own Dantes).

Can be very empty from time to time. I've sat with two friends in an empty restaurant :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

It's fine, I have had several tasty lunches there, but the atmosphere is prob not the most luxurious!!! Service is brilliant though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiyero

It was voted Best Restaurant in Blanch in 2010 - according to the stickers in their window.

The food is actually quite nice, the service is very good too.

Easy to get parking, next to the cinema, shopping centre etc.

I like it :)

The only down side to it is the lack of atmosphere.

It's nicely decorated etc but it's always very quiet!

But hey at least you're guaranteed a table!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I must have been in a completely different restaurant to everyone else. The one time I was there I had pizza, and tbh I'd have been better off just buying a Goodfellas pizza as I reckon the base would have been slightly less cardboard-like. Definitely won't be rushing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Have eaten in it on 3 or 4 occasions and I enjoyed the food on each visit, the Chicken Chilli Pasta is especially nice.

It has been redecorated fairly recently. This has been an improvement. Always found it a bit sterile but this isn't the case since it has got its remodel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Bumping this to compliment the restaurant. Was in there for the first time tonight, around 6.30 - place was packed. They have a 2 course menu for €12.50 which was bloody good value. We went for mains and desserts. There was quite a wait for mains as it was packed but the waitress kept us updated and brought us a portion of fries as an apology. She also offered coffees on the house with dessert as a further apology. A gesture that cost them little but meant a lot, it also means we'll be back.

Food was good, and great value. Will go back!

• Advertisement

New items on the menu too

Prawns in chilli and garlic oil
    Rosemary Chicken
    and lots more......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

^^^ ooh those prawns sound good!

Advertisement