Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big H.e.a.r problem

• 23-08-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

ok so they want me to attend a weeks oreintation down in UCC but im not going to be in the country at the time :/......what happens now?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

You'll lose your place if you don't attend it afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

well its a full week...ill be gone to england from monday until wednesday...im actully a groomsman at my cousins wedding..i could attend the thursday & friday..but i cant exactly miss the wedding as im direcly in the wedding party.....if i lose my place will i still get a normal cao offer??..(this is absolutley ridicoulous)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wonderfulwoman

pecker1992 wrote: »
    well its a full week...ill be gone to england from monday until wednesday...im actully a groomsman at my cousins wedding..i could attend the thursday & friday..but i cant exactly miss the wedding as im direcly in the wedding party.....if i lose my place will i still get a normal cao offer??..(this is absolutley ridicoulous)
    Your not going to lose your place ! I was in a similar situation last year, if you call the hear office in your college they will sort something out, they will probably just ask you to attend when you can :D congratulations about getting into college btw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Paauull

you should contact the college and tell them your problem! they wouldnt be that mean to deny you your place as it is something you cant get out of.
    im going to UCC orientation week too :)

Ive tried calling but have only got through to machines...i sent them an email there so hopefully they'll reply soon..i hope my offer isnt reject over this? :/

• Advertisement

Your not going to lose your place ! I was in a similar situation last year, if you call the hear office in your college they will sort something out, they will probably just ask you to attend when you can :D congratulations about getting into college btw :D

thanks very much :)..ive jsut sent them an email so hopefully they'll reply soon..its great to hear other people have been in similar prediciments & come out the better side :D

they just rang me & want to revoke my place........i cant see how this is right..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wonderfulwoman

they just rang me & want to revoke my place........i cant see how this is right..
    Did you talk to the access officer for first years? Or just someone in the office? And did you mention that you could attend some of the orientation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That isn't right! when I attended orientation we were explicitly told that if we had prior engagements that it's absolutely fine and we were to just speak to the access office.

Did you talk to the access officer for first years? Or just someone in the office? And did you mention that you could attend some of the orientation?

I have no Idea they just rang me..yes i mentioned i could attend the thursday & friday..

phasers wrote: »
    That isn't right! when I attended orientation we were explicitly told that if we had prior engagements that it's absolutely fine and we were to just speak to the access office.

I know it isnt right...at this stage what i asked her was if i dont attend & my place is revoked. will i lose my first round offer ( 2nd choice) and will they give me a place on arts (3rd choice) without the help if the HEAR..waiting on a call back.

• Advertisement

quick update..have to attend or place revoked.so had to get someone to step in for me as groomsman...also lost the price of my flight & the non refundable deposit on the room i had booked......fml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Dr. Ring

quick update..have to attend or place revoked.so had to get someone to step in for me as groomsman...also lost the price of my flight & the non refundable deposit on the room i had booked......fml

That's ridiculous! I can't believe they wouldn't allow you some leeway ... what course had you received btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

That's absolutely insane. :eek:

Dr. Ring wrote: »
    That's ridiculous! I can't believe they wouldn't allow you some leeway ... what course had you received btw?

I know it was pretty harsh...but i cant lose my place..ill just have to deal with it i suppose :(..im on early years btw :)
    jumpguy wrote: »
    That's absolutely insane. :eek:

i know its shocking!!!!

another update...they are willing to be somewhat flexibile if i can leave from cork airport monday evening & return wednesday evening...breakthrough :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Give and take on both sides - it makes the world go round.
    Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy the wedding.

Advertisement